** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hong Kong Masters

Fader

An event we've not seen since 2017 in which Neil Robertson won, we're in Hong Kong for this invitational event. Just 8 players here. 2 matches a day tomorrow and Friday. Semi finals on Saturday and the final on Sunday. 

I like Mark Selby this weekend. He looks to have put his issues behind him recently and looked solid at the British Open. I think he beats Marco Fu tomorrow and then he would face Trump or Higgins. I don't think he would fear playing either of those. I actually thing Higgins would cause the biggest issue for Selby. I'll take him to win this event.

3pts M. Selby to win Hong Kong Masters 9/2 bet365

1 hour ago, Fader said:

An event we've not seen since 2017 in which Neil Robertson won, we're in Hong Kong for this invitational event. Just 8 players here. 2 matches a day tomorrow and Friday. Semi finals on Saturday and the final on Sunday. 

I like Mark Selby this weekend. He looks to have put his issues behind him recently and looked solid at the British Open. I think he beats Marco Fu tomorrow and then he would face Trump or Higgins. I don't think he would fear playing either of those. I actually thing Higgins would cause the biggest issue for Selby. I'll take him to win this event.

3pts M. Selby to win Hong Kong Masters 9/2 bet365

Perhaps. But it's highly unlikely that John will overcome the obstacle called J-Trump. Judd owns him. 

I think Ronnie, Judd and Mark will all prevail. My choice will be Zhao Xintong to beat Neil Robertson, although I cannot find this match anymore... Something must have happened. 

16 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Perhaps. But it's highly unlikely that John will overcome the obstacle called J-Trump. Judd owns him. 

I think Ronnie, Judd and Mark will all prevail. My choice will be Zhao Xintong to beat Neil Robertson, although I cannot find this match anymore... Something must have happened. 

Covid. Williams has stepped in.

There was me thinking the matches were mid day tomorrow and didn't think about the time difference. So I'm going for the following in tomorrow's 2 matches. First, I'm taking Selby -2.5 frames. It's abit risky because I do think Fu will want to compete here but I just think Selby's form and the all round quality of his safety game means that he should keep Fu below 3 frames. In the other match, I'm going to take "Either player to win 3 frames in a row?" as a "No!" I think 13/8 is a nice price. Especially as it's a "first to 5". I think Higgins is playing Trump at a good time. On the flip side, Trump seems to always beat Higgins and so i'll go with this.

4pts Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat Fu evens bet365
4pts Either player to win 3 frames in a row? No! 13/8 bet365

Ronnie vs Robertson tomorrow, the expected blockbuster semifinal we wanted to see. It's a 50/50 match, but Robertson is cynical, not showing excessive respect to Ronnie in general. He's actually one of the very few players who are routinely beating Ronnie over the last few years. 

Neil Robertson to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan at 2.00 with bet365

Good luck.

3 hours ago, charliepie said:

What a great 147 from Fu in the decider in front of 7000-8000 people! That must the highlight of his career, I must say he's playing a lot better than we all expected - I hope he goes on to win the trophy.

Congrats to Fu for the maximum break he scored in front of his home crowd, that was certainly impressive.

As for the big final tomorrow morning (for us Europeans), I'd say there's a very slim chance he beats Ronnie. And to be honest, I'm rooting for Ronnie, because, aside from the fact that I'm a big fan, I feel that this prestigious Hong Kong Masters trophy would boost his chances of becoming the eventual BBC Sports Personality of the year.

Edited by Foo_Fighter

Ronnie O'Sullivan won the Hong Kong Masters final 6-4, in front of a world record audience of 9.000(!) fans.

It's Ronnie's first title on the tour since sealing a historic record equalling 7th World Championship crown. The Rocket was in control of the match throughout the final, not trailing even once.

"It’s unbelievable. Forget winning the tournament, to play in front of 9,000 fans is just incredible. I’ve been to the ATP tennis in London before and it felt something similar to that. I’ve never experienced it and I didn’t think I would experience that. It is just incredible. The best event I’ve ever played in my life." - Ronnie O'Sullivan