** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 29th September.

kensland

(A) 1.25 Sal Tony Montana 3/1 @The Brigadiernap

(B) 1.36 War Dollar Bae 5/2

(C) 1.59 Sal Rebel Red 2/1

(D) 3.21 War Getalead 11/10

(E) 3.56 War Dindin 11/4

AB, BC, CD, DE = 4 x 1.50 win doubles = 6 pts poss ret 60.25 pts

1.25 Sal Falcon Nine 0.60 win at 6/1

1.36 War Spitfire Girl 0.60 win at 11/2

1.59 Sal Spider Murphy 1 pt win at 6.8

3.21 War Cold Stream 1 pt win at 6.2

3.56 War Somekindastar 1 pt win at 4.16

Total stakes 10.20 for early races; back later

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not doing too well

3.44 Sal Wallop 5/2 @The Brigadier

5.30 Sal La Pulga 7/2 @The Brigadier

1 x 3 pt win double = poss return of 47.25

Single 1 pt win cover bet on Flag Flying in the 3.44 at 10/3

Total stakes now 14.20

4.19 Sal going with the high draw runners

Beyond Equal 0.5 ew at 17/2 @The Brigadierand Sky Blue Pink 0.5 ew at 14/1 @TVYand @Gary66

5.30 Sal La Pulga 1.50 win at 5.0 @The Brigadier

6.00 Chelm Fully Wet 5 pts win at 15/8 @The Brigadier and Miss Cynthia 0.30 ew at 100/1 @PercyP

8.30 Chelm Lilia Girl 1 pt ew at 6/1 @Wanderlustand Ostillio 0.30 ew at 50/1 @Donnyflyerand @Craggwood

24.90 total stakes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was all a bit messy.  No multiples/doubles came in but at least some brave staking on a couple of @TheBrigadier 's selections recouped my stakes and made me a tiny profit of 0.87 points.  I missed out on @kenslandhighlighting some of Ralph Becket's winners and should have included "Call Me Tara" as a main bet in the 1.36 at Warwick also highlighted by @kenslandand @Quartu SE . I live and learn.   I will take action on @Bang on's excellent advice and put my strongest selections in the middle of my A-E multiples in the future when I have 5 horses to include.  I will give the strongest ones two stars and the weakest ones one star as I work through the races, then put the two star selections in the middle.

An overall profit of 0.87 points means that my MTD is now +121.18 and my YTD is -175.39

Top class racing at Ascot tomorrow but a number of races have short priced favourites.  May have to look at some class 4 races over the jumps as well

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

(A) 1.25 Sal Tony Montana 3/1 @The Brigadiernap

(B) 1.36 War Dollar Bae 5/2

(C) 1.59 Sal Rebel Red 2/1

(D) 3.21 War Getalead 11/10

(E) 3.56 War Dindin 11/4

AB, BC, CD, DE = 4 x 1.50 win doubles = 6 pts poss ret 60.25 pts

1.25 Sal Falcon Nine 0.60 win at 6/1

1.36 War Spitfire Girl 0.60 win at 11/2

1.59 Sal Spider Murphy 1 pt win at 6.8

3.21 War Cold Stream 1 pt win at 6.2

3.56 War Somekindastar 1 pt win at 4.16

Total stakes 10.20 for early races; back later

Just a helpful bit of advice. If you are doing the 4 doubles as you do, DO NOT put them in timed order rolling doubles. The reason is that B,C, and D are in 2 sperate bets, whilst A, and E are only in 1 bet. You should try and put your strongest 3 selections as B,C,D and the weakest 2 as A,E.

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

What do you think of Rebel Red in the 1.59 Sal?

Sorry, The Equaliser, out all afternoon just arrived home. I make a list of Mr Ralph Becketts runners with regards to, R. R. and if not now... to be honest it would been R. R. 

I always check, Ralph Becketts runners at Salisbury with it been his local track. 

Regards Ken. 

33 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Just a helpful bit of advice. If you are doing the 4 doubles as you do, DO NOT put them in timed order rolling doubles. The reason is that B,C, and D are in 2 sperate bets, whilst A, and E are only in 1 bet. You should try and put your strongest 3 selections as B,C,D and the weakest 2 as A,E.

Many thanks; very helpful

36 minutes ago, kensland said:

Sorry, The Equaliser, out all afternoon just arrived home. I make a list of Mr Ralph Becketts runners with regards to, R. R. and if not now... to be honest it would been R. R. 

I always check, Ralph Becketts runners at Salisbury with it been his local track. 

Regards Ken. 

Many thanks.  You were spot on about Ralph Beckett, he even beat me with his other runner If Not Now.  As you pointed out it looked as if RR was the main selection. However, it goes to show what great form he was in today at Salisbury.  Well done for pointing this out. 

Edited by The Equaliser

Wolverhampton. 

Double. 

6.15. Golden Passport.  15/8... 11/4.        1st 

6.45. Willing to Please.        7/2........ 3rd 

singles & double. 

Double. 

7.15. Nacho.      11/2.... unpl 

7.45. World Without Love. 2/1... unpl 

singles & double. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Does Queen Camilla have her own coloured Silks ? 

Think she's the head honcho now .

The owner was listed in the Rcing Post as 'The King'

I think Camilla does have her own silks and is interested in horse racing and breeding which Charles doesn't appear to be ..... so I expect that when things settle down the racing interests will be passed to Camilla and runners will race in her name

22 hours ago, Bang on said:

So should this be AE, BC, BD and CD.  Got a bit confused