** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 24th September

Darran

Altrincham v Aldershot
I put Altrincham up last week as I thought they had a chance of beating Dagenham who had looked poor, but Altrincham didn't really put up much of a fight. They did actually record a higher xG than their hosts, but most of that was down to 3 chances they had after the game was beyond them. Granted at home they have played better and they have drawn 3 and lost just once to Chesterfield in their 4 home matches. Based on that some of you might want to look at covering the draw in the double chance or draw no bet markets, but I do think the outright win price on Aldershot is too high. They were the only winners for us last week and did it in really good style as well. Granted Halifax were poor, but they took full advantage of that. They have lost 3 of their 4 games on their travels and won their other, but they have had to go to Chesterfield and Notts County already and they have performed with credit in all their away games so far. This looks to be their easiest away fixture yet and with the Barnet and Halifax wins giving them plenty of confidence they look too big a price for me to get the 3 points.

Buxton v Chester (National League North)
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago Buxton have been disappointing as I did expect more from them. They have only won a couple of times in the league although they did beat Alfreton in the FA Cup last week. As mentioned above they were poor against Boston and I think Chester can get the better of them. I opposed them about a month ago against Peterborough Sports and although it was a winning bet Chester were unlucky not to get something out of the game. They have done well since including coming from 3 down to get a 3-3 draw against top of the table Kings Lynn. I like their chances of getting 3 points here.

Southport v Leamington (National League North)
When Southport went 5 up in their opening game of the season against Boston it was a bit of a shock. The game ended up 5-3, but it has mainly been downhill since then with just 1 other win so far and a 0-0 draw against Telford. There have been some poor performances as well and they host a Leamington side who have had a fantastic start to the season. They have only lost once and have drawn all 3 of their away games which include matches at Kidderminster and Kings Lynn albeit both of them had 27 shots and xGs of over 2.5. Clearly those sides are much better than Southport though and although Leamington did lose to Nuneaton in the FA Cup last week it is hard to see how they are as big a price as they are to see off a Southport side they are better than.

Aldershot 2pts @ 5/2 with Bet365 (3/1 with Skybet and take up to 2/1)
Chester 2pts @ 9/5 with Paddy Power and SBK (19/10 with Hills and take up to 11/8)
Leamington 2.5pts @ 19/10 with William Hill (take up to 6/4)

Cheshunt will fancy their chances of ending a seven game losing streak in the league, by beating my local team Tonbridge today.  Tonbridge have an injury crisis, and had 13 players unavailable last week when they were thrashed 4-0 in the FA Cup by Binfield from two leagues below. Some players are back this week that were cup tied, but are still short of a number important players.

Cheshunt have generally competed well during their losing run, with one goal defeats to the likes of Dartford, Worthing and Welling, and defeated St Neots in the FA cup last week.

The odds on Cheshunt are around 3.3

Edited by Bedlam
wrong team

1 hour ago, Bedlam said:

Cheshunt will fancy their chances of ending a seven game losing streak in the league, by beating my local team Tonbridge today.  Tonbridge have an injury crisis, and had 13 players unavailable last week when they were thrashed 4-0 in the FA Cup by Binfield from two leagues below. Some players are back this week that were cup tied, but are still short of a number important players.

Binfield have generally competed well during their losing run, with one goal defeats to the likes of Dartford, Worthing and Welling, and defeated St Neots in the FA cup last week.

The odds on Cheshunt are around 3.3

Did wonder why they had lost so heavily in the Cup to a team 2 levels below them.