** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Friday 23rd September

Haydock 1.30
A eight runner class 2 5F nursery kicks today’s terrestrial racing off. Four of the eight participants are making their handicap debuts with the most interesting the top weight Al Dasim who’s joined George Boughey since he last ran. The one I feel they all have to beat is the Tom Clover trained Rogue Spirit who should appreciate dropping down to the minimum trip having showed up well in a decent nursery over 6F last time out. 7lb apprentice Connor Planas retains the ride and he should be thereabouts.

ROGUE SPIRIT 1 point win @ 7/2 bet365

Newmarket 1.50
Eleven fillies and mares go to post for the listed Rosemary Stakes run over a mile. The race features two improving three year olds who are stepping out of handicap company and the race revolves around that pair. Harry and Roger Charlton saddle Whitebeam who’s chasing a four timer and should be thereabouts although my personal preference is for the Sir Michael Stoute filly Crystal Caprice who is also chasing a four timer under Ryan Moore and can take this in her stride.

CRYSTAL CAPRICE 2 points win @ 5/2 Coral

Haydock 2.05
A fourteen runner class 3 one mile handicap is up next. It has a very open look about it and stakes should be kept to a minimum. Making their handicap debuts are Moon Watch from the John and Thady Gosden stable and Vintage Choice from William Haggas’s yard. Delorean from Ralph Beckett’s won a handicap over course and distance last time and is also interesting All three are of interest and it will be interesting to see how they go in the market. I’ll take a chance each way with the latter.

DELOREAN 1 point each way @ 5/1 1/5th 1234

Newmarket 2.25
The Group 3 Dubai Stakes run over a mile and a half for fillies and mares may be fought out by William Haggas’s Sea Silk Road and Charlie Appleby’s Eternal Pearl. Preference is for the latter to turn the tables on his rival having been beaten half a length by her and 3lb worse off today. She’s improved since winning three times and with the Appleby operation in such excellent form can take this under William Buick.

ETERNAL PEARL 2 points win @ 5/2 bet365

Haydock 2.40
An open looking three year old only 1m 6F handicap which can go to the Hughie Morrison trained Speycaster who was a fancy of mine here in a Sinai or race when well backed but was pulled out due to the fast ground. Conditions are likely to suit better and he looks a good each way bet here.

SPEYCASTER 1 1/2 points each way @ 9/2 William Hill 1/5th 123

Newmarket 3.00
Fourteen go to post for the 7F Group2 Rockfel Stakes for two year old fillies. John and Thady Gosden’s Commissioning heads the market having looked a smart sort when bolting up on her debut here at the July course back in July. The form of that contest looks a bit mixed although the 5th and 9th have both won since. There’s a lot to like about her except the price and for that reason alone I’ll take her on. Irish challenger Olivia Maralda brings the best form to the table with her second to Mediate last time out and she looks great each way value for the in form Michael O’Callaghan stable.

OLIVIA MARALDA 1 1/2 points each way @ 5/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Newmarket 3.35
Seven go to post for the Group 2 Joel Stakes run over a mile. The highest rated in the field is the Archie Watson trained Tempus who’s chasing a four timer and looks the one to beat under Hollie Doyle. Sir Michael Stoute’s Potapova bounced back to form last time and has claims along with the two Charlie Hills runners Mutasaabeq and Pogo.

TEMPUS 1 point win @ 3/1 bet365

One of the stable I follow is Mr. Ralph Becketts, especially his 2yo's, having a punt on, Mr. Buster, 4.10. Newmarket @ 11/1....... Nr

120,000 euros yearling, 9th foal : half brother to five winners including the very smart performer Patki. (  1m - 2m RPR  121),  9 - 6f - 1m.4f:Saptapadi ( 1m- 4f : 113)  and  Moruadi (  1m.4f :  80) dam  unraced sister to 1m.2f - 1m- 4f Group 1 winner Islington: Very  nice  pedigree and stable continue to go well.

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Worcester 1.20

Found on (win)

Listowel 1.40

The short Go (win)

Talk of the town ( each way)

Haydock

Al Dasim ( win)

Green as grass and tendency to drift markedly but ran well and led in listed contest in France.

Unable to maintain lead but drop in class reads well here.

one last lucky 15 one the uk racing then back to the french racing thread +£156 at moment after 40 days

1.50 newmarket improvised 40/1

2.25 newmarket peripatetic 12/1

4.00 listowel cahirdown boy 8/1

4.25 haydock good soul 18/1

10p e/w lucky 15 + 4x25p e/w singles bet365

1.50 Nm Zanbaq 1 pt win at 5.5 (trying to discern between the bullsh*t around Crystal Caprice and Whitebeam; fascinating stuff)

Whitebeam got closer than I thought it would.  In a way I have to thank @Trotterbecause I chose the trainer with the highest  RTF figure among the three principal contenders which was Roger Varian.  It won't always work but luckily it did so in this instance

RESULTS UPDATE

Just 1 bet and a winner.  +4.59 pts profit.  MTD = +84.47 and YTD -212.10

Loads of class racing tomorrow, too much really.  I will exclude class 4 races and focus on class 3 and upwards

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

4 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

one last lucky 15 one the uk racing then back to the french racing thread +£156 at moment after 40 days

1.50 newmarket improvised 40/1

2.25 newmarket peripatetic 12/1

4.00 listowel cahirdown boy 8/1

4.25 haydock good soul 18/1

10p e/w lucky 15 + 4x25p e/w singles bet365

Made balls up put good soul on here but put my £20 horse in instead which lost so all on the 4.00 to get e/w double for me ??

46 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Zanbaq wins so a free bet on the next race. I'll go for Moon Watch at 13/2.

Good call, actually passed up the b365 offer which cost me a couple of pound as elected to use william hill offer of a free £2 bet. I won a watch in the race as used moneyback offers on same race and they came in 2nd and 3rd so no loss at all, only profit. Only got just under 4s though.

On 9/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, The Brigadier said:
Haydock 1.30
A eight runner class 2 5F nursery kicks today’s terrestrial racing off. Four of the eight participants are making their handicap debuts with the most interesting the top weight Al Dasim who’s joined George Boughey since he last ran. The one I feel they all have to beat is the Tom Clover trained Rogue Spirit who should appreciate dropping down to the minimum trip having showed up well in a decent nursery over 6F last time out. 7lb apprentice Connor Planas retains the ride and he should be thereabouts.

ROGUE SPIRIT 1 point win @ 7/2 bet365

Newmarket 1.50
Eleven fillies and mares go to post for the listed Rosemary Stakes run over a mile. The race features two improving three year olds who are stepping out of handicap company and the race revolves around that pair. Harry and Roger Charlton saddle Whitebeam who’s chasing a four timer and should be thereabouts although my personal preference is for the Sir Michael Stoute filly Crystal Caprice who is also chasing a four timer under Ryan Moore and can take this in her stride.

CRYSTAL CAPRICE 2 points win @ 5/2 Coral

Haydock 2.05
A fourteen runner class 3 one mile handicap is up next. It has a very open look about it and stakes should be kept to a minimum. Making their handicap debuts are Moon Watch from the John and Thady Gosden stable and Vintage Choice from William Haggas’s yard. Delorean from Ralph Beckett’s won a handicap over course and distance last time and is also interesting All three are of interest and it will be interesting to see how they go in the market. I’ll take a chance each way with the latter.

DELOREAN 1 point each way @ 5/1 1/5th 1234

Newmarket 2.25
The Group 3 Dubai Stakes run over a mile and a half for fillies and mares may be fought out by William Haggas’s Sea Silk Road and Charlie Appleby’s Eternal Pearl. Preference is for the latter to turn the tables on his rival having been beaten half a length by her and 3lb worse off today. She’s improved since winning three times and with the Appleby operation in such excellent form can take this under William Buick.

ETERNAL PEARL 2 points win @ 5/2 bet365

Haydock 2.40
An open looking three year old only 1m 6F handicap which can go to the Hughie Morrison trained Speycaster who was a fancy of mine here in a Sinai or race when well backed but was pulled out due to the fast ground. Conditions are likely to suit better and he looks a good each way bet here.

SPEYCASTER 1 1/2 points each way @ 9/2 William Hill 1/5th 123

Newmarket 3.00
Fourteen go to post for the 7F Group2 Rockfel Stakes for two year old fillies. John and Thady Gosden’s Commissioning heads the market having looked a smart sort when bolting up on her debut here at the July course back in July. The form of that contest looks a bit mixed although the 5th and 9th have both won since. There’s a lot to like about her except the price and for that reason alone I’ll take her on. Irish challenger Olivia Maralda brings the best form to the table with her second to Mediate last time out and she looks great each way value for the in form Michael O’Callaghan stable.

OLIVIA MARALDA 1 1/2 points each way @ 5/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Newmarket 3.35
Seven go to post for the Group 2 Joel Stakes run over a mile. The highest rated in the field is the Archie Watson trained Tempus who’s chasing a four timer and looks the one to beat under Hollie Doyle. Sir Michael Stoute’s Potapova bounced back to form last time and has claims along with the two Charlie Hills runners Mutasaabeq and Pogo.

TEMPUS 1 point win @ 3/1 bet365

A tiny wining day with two winners at 7/2 (10p R4) and 5/2.