** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 17th September

Darran

Dagenham & Redbridge v Altrincham
I know Altrincham have yet to win this season, but there have been glimmers that they aren't far away from getting that win and take out the 5-1 hammering at Solihull then they have been doing OK. They drew with Scunthorpe on Tuesday night 2-2 and although they might have fancied to win they did give a poor goal away plus a penalty. Dagenham are under huge pressure right now and granted they have just had to play Notts County and Wrexham so this is clearly a much easier assignment, but I just think Altrincham are too big a price. I know they won 4-1 against Bromley, but they were very clinical and Bromley actually had a slightly higher xG. I can't believe McMahon will be there for much longer unless he can somehow turn it around and if Altrincham can frustrate them then the pressure will increase and hopefully Altrincham can take advantage.

Dorking v Notts County
Amazingly Barnet finally managed a high xG for once and they couldn't manage a goal against Dorking so not only did they lose it was surprisingly a game which only featured a goal. That is the first time a Dorking game didn't feature over 2.5 goals and we know that the chances are they are going to leave themselves open at the back and County are certainly a team who can take full advantage. Langstaff is now into double figures for the season after scoring the 2nd against Aldershot on Tuesday night and he is surely going to score here. County seem to be getting better as the season goes on and they are playing some really nice stuff of late. They are also creating loads of chances and you would imagine they will get over 20 shots against Dorking. I think the -1 handicap offers a lot of value and I really do think they will cover it.

Oldham v Eastleigh
John Sheridan has got the sack from Oldham although he is still in charge for this game. That means both relegated sides have sacked their managers already and we haven't even reached 10 games yet! Woking beat them easily on Tuesday night and they look a bit short to beat Eastleigh. Eastleigh haven't won in 3, but they battered Yeovil on Tuesday night and should have won with ease rather than just getting a point. I don't think there is a huge amount between these two sides and whilst no doubt it will be a sentimental occasion with it being Sheridan's last game in charge I think Eastleigh are more than capable of spoiling the party.

Aldershot v Halifax
This is the live game on Saturday teatime and I like the home side here. Aldershot set themselves up to be quite attacking at Notts County on Tuesday and they actually had a great chance to go 1 up. Not surprisingly County picked them off in the end, but Halifax are no Notts County. Yes they are unbeaten in 3 now, but as I mentioned in the previews for Tuesday they were really lucky to get a point at Maidenhead. Away from home they haven't been great and the win came at Scunthorpe. I'm surprised Aldershot aren't favourites for this and they look a good price.

Altrincham 1pt @ 14/5 with Bet365 and SBK (take up to 2/1)
Notts County -1 3pts @ 9/5 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 6/5)
Eastleigh 1pt @ 9/4 with William Hill, Paddy Power and Betfair (Bet365 are 5/2 and take up to 15/8)
Aldershot 2pts @ 9/5 with Betfred, Coral and Ladbrokes (take up to 5/4)

I am also putting Boreham Wood up as a bet at Gateshead in the National League. I initially thought the prices on this game were about right as Gateshead have done OK at home, but they weren't great on Tuesday night and although Boreham Wood weren't either despite beating Maidenhead, they have done very well on their travels this season. Wood have won all 4 games on the road and are a better team than Gateshead so for them to be drifting towards 2/1 means they have now become a bet for me.

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 7/4 with Paddy Power, Betfair and Betfred