** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Alex's general low odds betting thread

alexcaruso808

1 hour ago, alexcaruso808 said:

is my spreadsheet right?  should the losing bets on 16th and 18th Feb be marked at -£5.00 or just £0.00?

You talking to me? :lol

I think you're right, one column sums the stake, one sums the returns. Returns - stake = profit or loss. Losing bets return nothing. If you had a column showing just the profit or loss from a bet (as I do in the spreadsheet I use) then the losing bets would show -5 (and the winning bets would be return -stake). So it looks right to me for the way you're doing it,

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

You talking to me? :lol

I think you're right, one column sums the stake, one sums the returns. Returns - stake = profit or loss. Losing bets return nothing. If you had a column showing just the profit or loss from a bet (as I do in the spreadsheet I use) then the losing bets would show -5 (and the winning bets would be return -stake). So it looks right to me for the way you're doing it,

haha, thanks Harry.

I was looking at it and looking at it, and I was starting to frustrate myself trying to work it out.  As you can probably tell, I'm not very good at working with spreadsheets (or maths!!!). ?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, alexcaruso808 said:

Another TV bet.  I was going to stick money on Nile earlier, but wasn't too sure as some of the others most likely have had formal dance training due to being in pop groups or actors / actresses.

I'm pretty sure that he is going to win, so I just stuck the last of my remaining money that I had in Smarkets on him.

If he does win I'll being saying "I shoud have got on earlier!"

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 09.42.49.png

Thank you Nile! ?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, alexcaruso808 said:

Another TV bet.  I was going to stick money on Nile earlier, but wasn't too sure as some of the others most likely have had formal dance training due to being in pop groups or actors / actresses.

I'm pretty sure that he is going to win, so I just stuck the last of my remaining money that I had in Smarkets on him.

If he does win I'll being saying "I shoud have got on earlier!"

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 09.42.49.png

Thank you Nile! ?