** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL - Week 2

PercyP

NFL Week 2 Predictions

These are my bets please do your own research.

First Bets

(1) Panthers to win against the moneyline @ 11/10

The Giants did well to win their match against the Titans 21-20 and the Panthers just failed against the hard hitting Browns 26-24. Both of these matches were run heavy games and this will be very similar. It will be Squaon Barkley versus Christian McCaffrey. My vote goes to Christian.

(2) New England Patriots to win ATS -1.5 points @ 10/11

The Pats always lose at Miami, so no surprise there last week. They will get back to 1-1 against the Steelers minus TJ Watt.

(3) Browns to win ATS -6 points @ 10/11

The Browns will use both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt to pound the football. Jets will struggle to score.

(4) Raiders to win ATS -5.5 points @ 10/11

The Raiders were made to look average by the Chargers but I think the Chargers are one of the best teams in the NFL. The Raiders defence did well against Herbert.

(5) The Titans to win ATS +10 points @ 10/11

Am I crazy? The Bills were impressive when defeating the Rams. The Titans lost to the Giants. Why am I supporting the Titans?

The Bills losses last season came against the Steelers, Colts and New England all teams who like to do battle. Titans are very similar and they have Derrick Henry.

Bet: Following Harry’s wise advice

10 x 1 point trebles

5 x 3 point 4 timers

5 point accumulator

30 points staked

All prices Bet365

Second Bets

(6) Bengals to win ATS -7.5 points @ 10/11

Bengals QB Joe Burrow will not throw four interceptions again. Dallas were already declining from last season without  Dak Prescott being out.

(7) Saints to win against the moneyline @ 13/10

Whilst Tampa blew out Dallas they only scored one touch- down, whilst the Saints only got started in the fourth quarter of their match with the Falcons. I still think of the Saints as a bully team and remember the Saints defeated Tampa twice last season

(8) Green Bay Packers to win ATS -10 points @ 10/11

Betting against Aaron Rodgers is not usually advised. So I shall pick the Packers who are 22-2 at home over the past three seasons. If the Packers defence plays up to its billing I can’t see the Bears scoring double figures.

(9) Bronco’s to win ATS-10 points @ 10/11

In their last four home matches in the 2021 season the Bronco’s won 2 beating the LA Chargers 28-13 and the Lions 38-10. Their two defeats were by the Chiefs 28-24 and the Bengals (reached the Super Bowl) 15-10. The Texans will not be coming into Mile High and causing an upset against a much strengthened Bronco’s team.

(10) Ravens to win ATS -3.5 points @ 10/11

Both of these teams provided me with winners in week 1. As usual Miami beat the Pats in Florida, but they will find the Ravens a lot tougher on their home soil.

Bet: 

10 x 0.5 point trebles

5 x 1.5 point 4 timers

2.5 point accumulator

15 points staked

Week 1 Record W6 L4 Staked 45.00 returned 36.80 for an overall loss of 8.20 points.

One game I like the look of on the moneyline is:

Detroit Lions 1.83 with Bet365

The Lions lost their last game though they were outsiders in the betting and expected to. What really impressed me though, was their final quarter performance and I'm preferring that they will carry on this momentum into today's game against the Washington Commanders.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:48 AM, MinellaWorksop said:

One game I like the look of on the moneyline is:

Detroit Lions 1.83 with Bet365

The Lions lost their last game though they were outsiders in the betting and expected to. What really impressed me though, was their final quarter performance and I'm preferring that they will carry on this momentum into today's game against the Washington Commanders.

100% record.

NFL Week 2 Results

OMG what happened this week? Browns, Raiders and the Ravens all throw away commanding leads.

First bets W1 L4 – Staked 30 points, lost 30 points.

(1) Panthers to win against the moneyline @ 11/10 – Lost = Giants win 19-16 in a close game

(2) New England Patriots to win ATS -1.5 points @ 10/11 – Won = Patriots win 17-14

Patriots will get back to 1-1 against the Steelers minus TJ Watt. They did.

(3) Browns to win ATS -6 points @ 10/11- Lost = Jets win 31-30.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.

The Browns will use both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt to pound the football. Jets will struggle to score. With 1:55 left to play Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown to put the Browns up 30-17 and it looked like Cleveland was going to coast to an easy victory. The Jets scored then two touchdowns just 60 seconds apart, which allowed them to steal a 31-30 win. Jets scoring 31!

(4) Raiders to win ATS -5.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost = 29-23 to the Cardinals in overtime

What else does one say when your team is up 20-0 at halftime and loses in overtime? 

(5) The Titans to win ATS +10 points @ 10/11- Lost – Bills thrash Titans 41-7

Am I crazy for picking the Titans? Yes, I am crazy.

Second Bets W1 L4 15 points staked, lost 15 points.

(6) Bengals to win ATS -7.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost – Dallas win 20-17

Bengals QB Joe Burrow will not throw four interceptions again. Bengals need to sort out its offence the Cowboys sacked Joe Burrow six times. 

(7) Saints to win against the moneyline @ 13/10 – Lost – Tampa won 20-10

The Saints defeated Tampa twice last season but revenge is sweet, Tampa Bay created five second-half turnovers, including a pick-six.

(8) Green Bay Packers to win ATS -10 points @ 10/11- Won = Easy 27-10 win

The Packers are 22-2 at home over the past three seasons, make that 23-2.

(9) Bronco’s to win ATS-10 points @ 10/11- Lost = Bronco’s only win by 7

The Texans will not be coming into Mile High and causing an upset against a much strengthened Bronco’s team. Broncos win, but only by seven, 16-9.

(10) Ravens to win ATS -3.5 points @ 10/11- Lost = Dolphins pull off an historic come-back win 42-38

They will find the Ravens a lot tougher. The Dolphins rallied from a 21-point fourth quarter deficit to stun the Ravens. Unbelievable!

Week 2 Record - W2 L8 Staked 45.00 returned Nil for an overall loss of 45.00 points.

YTD Record - W8 L12 staked 90.00 returned 36.80 for an overall loss of 53.20 points.

40 minutes ago, PercyP said:

NFL Week 2 Results

OMG what happened this week? Browns, Raiders and the Ravens all throw away commanding leads.

First bets W1 L4 – Staked 30 points, lost 30 points.

(1) Panthers to win against the moneyline @ 11/10 – Lost = Giants win 19-16 in a close game

(2) New England Patriots to win ATS -1.5 points @ 10/11 – Won = Patriots win 17-14

Patriots will get back to 1-1 against the Steelers minus TJ Watt. They did.

(3) Browns to win ATS -6 points @ 10/11- Lost = Jets win 31-30.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.

The Browns will use both Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt to pound the football. Jets will struggle to score. With 1:55 left to play Nick Chubb scored his third touchdown to put the Browns up 30-17 and it looked like Cleveland was going to coast to an easy victory. The Jets scored then two touchdowns just 60 seconds apart, which allowed them to steal a 31-30 win. Jets scoring 31!

(4) Raiders to win ATS -5.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost = 29-23 to the Cardinals in overtime

What else does one say when your team is up 20-0 at halftime and loses in overtime? 

(5) The Titans to win ATS +10 points @ 10/11- Lost – Bills thrash Titans 41-7

Am I crazy for picking the Titans? Yes, I am crazy.

Second Bets W1 L4 15 points staked, lost 15 points.

(6) Bengals to win ATS -7.5 points @ 10/11 – Lost – Dallas win 20-17

Bengals QB Joe Burrow will not throw four interceptions again. Bengals need to sort out its offence the Cowboys sacked Joe Burrow six times. 

(7) Saints to win against the moneyline @ 13/10 – Lost – Tampa won 20-10

The Saints defeated Tampa twice last season but revenge is sweet, Tampa Bay created five second-half turnovers, including a pick-six.

(8) Green Bay Packers to win ATS -10 points @ 10/11- Won = Easy 27-10 win

The Packers are 22-2 at home over the past three seasons, make that 23-2.

(9) Bronco’s to win ATS-10 points @ 10/11- Lost = Bronco’s only win by 7

The Texans will not be coming into Mile High and causing an upset against a much strengthened Bronco’s team. Broncos win, but only by seven, 16-9.

(10) Ravens to win ATS -3.5 points @ 10/11- Lost = Dolphins pull off an historic come-back win 42-38

They will find the Ravens a lot tougher. The Dolphins rallied from a 21-point fourth quarter deficit to stun the Ravens. Unbelievable!

Week 2 Record - W2 L8 Staked 45.00 returned Nil for an overall loss of 45.00 points.

YTD Record - W8 L12 staked 90.00 returned 36.80 for an overall loss of 53.20 points.

Some crazy comebacks indeed my friend. Love your writeups. All your bets had excellent angles, so on another weekend could have been so much different. Onto week 3 we go!

Didn't get chance to post this week but only had a couple of bets, either side of the main action on Sunday. Lost on Ekeler at a shade of odds on and won on Henry at a shade of odds against. Apologies for aftertiming a winning week but I don't feel too guilty given that the profit wouldn't buy you a cup of coffee! :lol