** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 3 - October 9

32 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Sakkari had a shocker today, Parks is having the best days of her life!

It is just the time of the year. Players are totally demotivated and are not playing.  Look at the freak results in the last week.

Today Potapova loses to Zidansek

McNally (who has hardly won a match this year) beats Muchova who manages to lose 2 of 3 sets 6-1.  A 6-1 score against a no hoper is pathetic, showing no effort.

Sakkari loses to Parks, but it's been coming from Sakkari who has been playing lousy for a week or 2.

I'm starting to think that players who get wild carded into these tournaments are being paid appearance money to fill the draw. They don't care at all, show up with little or no preparation, play badly, collect the cheque and go home. 

Yesterday Siniakova shows up and gets beat, drilled in the 2nd set.

Tuesday Ruud and Alcaraz flop out, Ostepenko gets crushed and Karolina Pliskova gets a 6-0 bagel from Parks.

There is just a complete lack of effort and zero motivation from the established players. 

Edited by neilovan

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Sakkari had a shocker today, Parks is having the best days of her life!

59 winners... I have seen a little bit of her 2 last matches and she's definitely on fire. Sakkari has nothing to be ashamed of. There's nothing much you can do when your rival hits 60 winners. She even went for aces on second serves. Let's see how long she can maintain this level.

Djokovic to beat Medvedev at 1.57 with William Hill for me today, he's on a good streak and his win over Khachanov was actually quite impressive imo. This will be the first 2022 meeting between the two, so it will be interesting to see how they match up, but I wouldn't have Novak above 1.40 here despite the trashing of RBA by Med yesterday.

Stefanos Tsitsipas to win a set - Yes @2.1 with bet365

Taylor Fritz to beat Frances Tiafoe at 1.72 with bet365

Taylor Fritz is one of the best players in the world these days. He has made great progress over the years and it's very pleasant to see him living up to his potential. He captured his first Masters 1000 title at the 2022 Indian Wells in California earlier this year (def. Nadal 6-3, 7-5). With this win he became the first American to win the title since Agassi in 2001. He also ended Nadal's 20-match winning streak. Three months later, Nadal came from behind to beat Fritz in a five-set quarter-final at Wimbledon (Nadal was trailing by a set two times)... Fritz almost had him, Nadal literally gave everything he had that day, which admittedly cost him a severe injury. Anyway my point is, Taylor Fritz has gained immense confidence by these performances and he's no longer "a talented young player"; he's an established true force who can beat anyone on the court.

Tiafoe has also done great things this year. He became the first man to beat Nadal in a major in 2022, after pulling off the upset in front of his home crowd in 2022 fourth round match at the USO (6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3). Nadal certainly wasn't at his best though, looking almost indifferent in many parts of the match. I think he was dealing with family problems, as there had been concerns about the progress of his wife's pregnancy at the time. Tiafoe recently gave Team World their first Laver Cup title after his big win against Tsitsipas (saved 4 match points). 

The h2h is 4-1 (all matches played on hard court) in favor of Taylor Fritz. Obviously this is a good match up for Fritz. I'm confident it'll become 5-1 in a few hours.

Tsitsipas has lost in the early rounds at so many tournaments this year, I've lost the count. He kind of redeemed himself this week, by winning two big matches in a row (Hurkacz in straights, and a comeback win against Rublev). Can he make that three in a row and lift the trophy? I'd say yes. But my approach is much more conservative, so I just want a set from Stef. 

Good luck.

7 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Taylor Fritz to beat Frances Tiafoe at 1.72 with bet365

Nice call!

I had my doubts cause Tiafoe is in the best moment of his career, but I also think Fritz is the better player and the h2h speaks by itself, as you mentioned.

It's been a close first set, but Fritz has been a little bit more aggressive and that has made the difference.

In the second set Fritz has been clearly the better player but Tiafoe managed to save all those break opportunities... Unlike Fritz, Tiafoe suffered in almost all of his service games so Fritz clearly deserved the straight sets win. Fortunately, Fritz had no problems to win that second tie-break. It wouldn't have been fair to Fritz to go to a third set.

It's never easy to face a player who has beat you the last 4 times, as you said.  Again, nice call! 

I really like Fritz backhand. I would love to see a backhand battle between Sascha and Fritz peak versions... that would be epic.

2 hours ago, Swiss Maestro said:

Nice call!

I had my doubts cause Tiafoe is in the best moment of his career, but I also think Fritz is the better player and the h2h speaks by itself, as you mentioned.

It's been a close first set, but Fritz has been a little bit more aggressive and that has made the difference.

In the second set Fritz has been clearly the better player but Tiafoe managed to save all those break opportunities... Unlike Fritz, Tiafoe suffered in almost all of his service games so Fritz clearly deserved the straight sets win. Fortunately, Fritz had no problems to win that second tie-break. It wouldn't have been fair to Fritz to go to a third set.

It's never easy to face a player who has beat you the last 4 times, as you said.  Again, nice call! 

I really like Fritz backhand. I would love to see a backhand battle between Sascha and Fritz peak versions... that would be epic.

Thanks but I was awfully wrong on the other match though. Thought Tsitsipas would manage to win a set... the guy didn't even earned a break point chance. 

47 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Thanks but I was awfully wrong on the other match though. Thought Tsitsipas would manage to win a set... the guy didn't even earned a break point chance. 

He started really well. Actually, it was him who dominated the majority of the points during the first games. I think that's reason he lost his serve in the 8th game... Probably, he thought: "I'm playing really well and I'm still 3-4..., what's this??" It's a really frustrating feeling. That's what I think after seeing how he lost his serve. I thought he really had a chance after watching the first games. Djokovic has barely played and he's rested and hungry.