** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 27th August

Darran

Hailfax v Notts County
As much as I thought Chesterfield should have beaten Notts County on Saturday you still have to give them credit for coming from 2 down. It was the subs made on the 60-minute mark which seemed to make the difference as it was the first time Cedwyn Scott had paired up with Langstaff after they both moved from Gateshead in the summer. Sam Austin also came on and it was Scott's pass to Austin and then Austin's superb cross which led to their 2nd goal. I'd imagine both might well start on Saturday and I think they will thrive against a struggling Halifax. Obviously, we opposed Halifax last week when they were favourites to win at Wealdstone and the bookies continue to price Halifax up as if they were last season's Halifax side who finished in the play-offs. They are though a mile away from that Halifax side with key players leaving and of course manager Pete Wild going to Barrow. They have yet to score a goal and the only game they have looked like scoring in was their defeat against Torquay where they should have won. I can't believe that County are going to give them much of look in here either and really it should be a routine victory for the away side on everything both sides have shown so far this season.

Woking v Wrexham
The live game on BT Sport this Saturday is the first chance for viewers to watch the hot favourites for the title Wrexham. Wrexham fans and Phil Parkinson will have been very relieved that they put Maidstone to the sword last Saturday when they won 5-0 after what has been a very tough start to the season. It was probably the best fixture they could have had though as Maidstone were poor and made it very easy for Wrexham. Paul Mullin got a hat-trick and if you aren't playing well, he is going to have a field day. I think though that the win could well have just papered over the cracks and this game will be a much bigger test for them. This game was key last season as well as after a run of games at home which they won they then went to Woking and played poorly and lost. It was one of Darren Sarll's first games in charge of Woking as well and they have had a good start to this season as well after their defeat to York on the opening day. We were on Woking last week and they were unfortunate to lose to Barnet on Saturday. Barnet yet again created very few chances, 4, and just 2 of those were on target and they were the 2 goals. Barnet surely can't keep that up although they are at Chesterfield on Friday night and there is no value in opposing them as much as I think the home side will win. Back to this game though and I think Woking have more than enough to beat Wrexham especially if they put in the sort of performance, they have in their two away games so far this season where they have been very poor.

Gloucester City v Brackley (National League North)
I am off to this game on Saturday and I do think I will be watching a home win. Gloucester have put in two good performances at home so far this season beating Boston and Peterborough Sports. Last season they were hard to beat at home as well and it was away where they struggled to pick up points especially when faced with a grass pitch. They were awful last Saturday at Blyth and for whatever reason the players just seem to struggle to play as well on grass as they can on a 3g pitch. Brackley finished 2nd in the league last season, but they look a shadow of the team who did that so far this season. Defence was their strong point last season, but after keeping a clean sheet in their opening game they have gone on to concede 7 goals, 3 of which came against Farsley on Saturday. Granted they played most of the game with 10 men, but it was still a poor performance. I'd have Gloucester as solid favourites to win this.

Scarborough v Boston (National League North)
Another play-off side to be in poor form so far this season is Boston. We were really unlucky not to get paid out when I opposed them with Banbury last week and that is their only point so far this season. They were hammered 4-1 at home to Chorley last week which given Chorley hadn't really started the season stronger was a poor effort. Scarborough are unbeaten since losing to Brackley on day 1. They have beaten Hereford and Fylde and came back from 2 down to get a deserved point against Bradford Park Avenue. They deservedly beat Fylde last week as well away from home and back at home they can heap more misery on Boston.

Spennymoor v Darlington (National League North)
Darlington's average xG for the season is 0.81 and they are yet to have a figure higher than 0.89 whilst their xG against is averaging at 1.29. If that continues, then clearly, they are going to lose more games than they win. I'm annoyed I didn't oppose them last week with Banbury who beat them 2-1, but I will take them on this week. Spennymoor got their first win of the season last week at Leamington and they are probably a bit unfortunate not to have more points on the board. After conceding 3 on the opening day in a draw against Hereford they have limited their opponents to xG's of 0.26, 0.2 and 0.43. Given Darlington are struggling to create chances it could well be that 1 goal is enough.

Notts County 2pts @ 5/4 with Bet365, Betfred, Betfair, Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and Coral (take up to Evs)
Woking 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365 (SBK are 14/5 and take up to 11/5)
Gloucester City 2pts @ 9/5 with Skybet and SBK (19/10 with Hills and take up to 5/4)
Scarborough 1pt @ 7/5 with Coral and Ladbrokes (Bet365 are 29/20 and take up to 5/4)
Spennymoor 1pt @ 6/5 with SBK, Coral and William Hill (take up to Evs)