** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Old School

monty63

hello all does anyone still used bookmaker football betting coupons  only asking because 

been watching people on me 1/2 hour break in a betting shop the people you meet is incredible all have different way to try to make money from betting

there people just come to play machine there people play on cartoon racing and cartoon cricket sorry virtual racing incredible to me but hey ho

had me eye on one gentlemen he comes in and pick up every coupon and take two of each every week just got talking to him as you do and found out he goes

to two more bookmakers and does the same every week for the last  ten years pre covid anyway 

got to know one cashier in the bookmaker its a wonder what pastry and sweets open doors for you as this cashier will give you a cup of coffee or tea when you 

treat all the people as you want yourself to be treated  well got  talking to this  cashier and he let slip this gentlemen wins regularly not big amount but enough to  not be highlight

£25 to £100  a week when football season is on so he seem to win on the coupon does anybody still do this 

No would be the short answer, as I hardly ever venture into a shop these days. It was certainly my way into betting on football though, doing a few trebles or fivefolds every Saturday and enjoying a degree of beginners luck. I eventually found my way to the goalscorer coupons which became the big communal Saturday bet for me and a couple of my mates (pick 3 or 4 players in a perm of some sort then follow the scores and scorers).

Back then it would have been a case of doing the rounds of the shops to harvest the coupons for that weekend as there was no internet and teletext was a painfully slow process! All added to the excitement and anticipation I suppose.

Years ago there was the advantage that coupon prices tended to be held even when the price had shortened if you were betting over the phone or in the early days of online. These days I think they're happy to trim the price from what might be on the coupon so that particular edge has mostly gone.

Generally I'd say anyone who can win doing that could probably win putting the bets on online, maybe they just prefer doing it "old style" or maybe there are some in shop bonuses or offers that make it worth the effort.

21 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

No would be the short answer, as I hardly ever venture into a shop these days. It was certainly my way into betting on football though, doing a few trebles or fivefolds every Saturday and enjoying a degree of beginners luck. I eventually found my way to the goalscorer coupons which became the big communal Saturday bet for me and a couple of my mates (pick 3 or 4 players in a perm of some sort then follow the scores and scorers).

Back then it would have been a case of doing the rounds of the shops to harvest the coupons for that weekend as there was no internet and teletext was a painfully slow process! All added to the excitement and anticipation I suppose.

Years ago there was the advantage that coupon prices tended to be held even when the price had shortened if you were betting over the phone or in the early days of online. These days I think they're happy to trim the price from what might be on the coupon so that particular edge has mostly gone.

Generally I'd say anyone who can win doing that could probably win putting the bets on online, maybe they just prefer doing it "old style" or maybe there are some in shop bonuses or offers that make it worth the effort.

the gentleman concern use the coupons for creating simple systems using the bookmakers talking with him this week to see if he kindly let me know how he make his selection

if he make a profit thats will do for me

On 8/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, monty63 said:

the gentleman concern use the coupons for creating simple systems using the bookmakers talking with him this week to see if he kindly let me know how he make his selection

if he make a profit thats will do for me

hello all there was only 4 people in the bookie today me, coupon gent, numbers man who do the 49 numbers and have not won for 2 months using same numbers and a man 

who had 200 on virtual cricket on aus at 10/11 while we were there anyway coupon man gave me tips but not how he get to it so got coupons to look how he pick if i can

1 mk dons v port vale over 2.5 goals odds against 2 bodo glint v dinamo zaone over 2.5 goals 3 ferencvaros v shamrock rovers over 2.5 goals 4 ludogorets v vmfd zaloris over2.5 goals

4 fold @ 11.93   number 1 @2.45 that but the mocker on them bets but lets see what happen

hello all 

coupon man picks Oxford v Morecambe over 2.5 goals and Leeds v Chelsea over 2.5 goals 25points double returns 71.75points WH  he also told me the last tips he gave me he number 1 bets should had been only bet as he just do English leagues sorry about that numbers man still cannot win and virtual cricket man lost on the last bet and lost on the last two bet he done with same stake 4 other people playing on  fruit machines one won 500 then put autoplay on then lost the lot not a happy man moral quit while you ahead that word discipline must be heeded 

On 8/20/2022 at 11:03 AM, monty63 said:

hello all 

coupon man picks Oxford v Morecambe over 2.5 goals and Leeds v Chelsea over 2.5 goals 25points double returns 71.75points WH  he also told me the last tips he gave me he number 1 bets should had been only bet as he just do English leagues sorry about that numbers man still cannot win and virtual cricket man lost on the last bet and lost on the last two bet he done with same stake 4 other people playing on  fruit machines one won 500 then put autoplay on then lost the lot not a happy man moral quit while you ahead that word discipline must be heeded 

1 goal short 

On 8/10/2022 at 12:32 PM, monty63 said:

hello all does anyone still used bookmaker football betting coupons  only asking because 

been watching people on me 1/2 hour break in a betting shop the people you meet is incredible all have different way to try to make money from betting

there people just come to play machine there people play on cartoon racing and cartoon cricket sorry virtual racing incredible to me but hey ho

had me eye on one gentlemen he comes in and pick up every coupon and take two of each every week just got talking to him as you do and found out he goes

to two more bookmakers and does the same every week for the last  ten years pre covid anyway 

got to know one cashier in the bookmaker its a wonder what pastry and sweets open doors for you as this cashier will give you a cup of coffee or tea when you 

treat all the people as you want yourself to be treated  well got  talking to this  cashier and he let slip this gentlemen wins regularly not big amount but enough to  not be highlight

£25 to £100  a week when football season is on so he seem to win on the coupon does anybody still do this 

He possibly gets the coupons from all of the bookmakers ... and then puts various bets on whichever coupon has the best return. That way he will get the best odds/value in the shops (multiples).

1 hour ago, Bang on said:

He possibly gets the coupons from all of the bookmakers ... and then puts various bets on whichever coupon has the best return. That way he will get the best odds/value in the shops (multiples).

hello Bang on your probably right but i get the feeling he also make simple system with them as well 

hello all

pop in bookie today very very busy  coupon man collecting his winnings £10 quid this time good luck to him collecting coupons as usual left me one on table with a wink 

this was only one marked Thurs CPR Clui v NK Maribor over 2.5 goals 11/8 best price

good luck what ever you do

On 8/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, monty63 said:

hello all

pop in bookie today very very busy  coupon man collecting his winnings £10 quid this time good luck to him collecting coupons as usual left me one on table with a wink 

this was only one marked Thurs CPR Clui v NK Maribor over 2.5 goals 11/8 best price

good luck what ever you do

sorry only 1 goal not many in bookies today numbers man keep trying but with very reduced stakes not happy man still  cricket virtual man won one but lost 2 

machines men still putting the money in the bookie piggy bank  coupon man been looking back in his records lately and told me he thinking of stopping backing other league and

sticking to English and Scotland leagues only as the numbers on the other leagues profit is in profit but low 

so Saturdays teams are 

Rotherham v Birmingham over 2.5 goals @2.2

Aberdeen v Livingstone over 2.5 goals @ 2.2

2x single and 1 double

23 hours ago, monty63 said:

sorry only 1 goal not many in bookies today numbers man keep trying but with very reduced stakes not happy man still  cricket virtual man won one but lost 2 

machines men still putting the money in the bookie piggy bank  coupon man been looking back in his records lately and told me he thinking of stopping backing other league and

sticking to English and Scotland leagues only as the numbers on the other leagues profit is in profit but low 

so Saturdays teams are 

Rotherham v Birmingham over 2.5 goals @2.2

Aberdeen v Livingstone over 2.5 goals @ 2.2

2x single and 1 double

1goal short for double but 1 won 

hello all 

bookies very full today Inda v Pakistan cricket live all betting machine full as betting on in play number man still no winning coupon man 

has four today straight win which is different 

Norwich to beat Coventry

Leyton Orient to beat Tranmere 

Chesterfield to beat Oldham

Dumbarton to beat East fife

acc 14.11 Coral 13.91 WH

good luck whatever you do

On 9/3/2022 at 9:17 AM, monty63 said:

hello all 

bookies very full today Inda v Pakistan cricket live all betting machine full as betting on in play number man still no winning coupon man 

has four today straight win which is different 

Norwich to beat Coventry

Leyton Orient to beat Tranmere 

Chesterfield to beat Oldham

Dumbarton to beat East fife

acc 14.11 Coral 13.91 WH

good luck whatever you do

well done coupon man