** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday 10th August.

2.00 Sal Magical Merlin looks just as good as any other horse to progress further.  PL Top rated is Celtic Champion which was 11/4 last night and is now backed into 7/4 in some places. Timeform has Celtic top-rated but selects Magical.  I’ll have 1 pt win on Magical Merlin at 4.6

2.30 Sal  Glamorous Breeze has held on to favouritism overnight.  It is the PL top-rated horse in the race. @Gary66 has gone for Delegate This Lord each way obtaining 10/1 EW on Betfair.  The horse runs well at Salisbury but is now best priced 6/1 in a 6 runner race.  I’ll chance my arm with a 0.6 stake to win on Nordic Glory.  The horse is running well and has a useful claimer taking off 7lbs

2.40 Bev Spirit Of Applause (part of PL ACCA) looks the most likely one to progress here but with a best price of 5/2 with only one run to go on I’ll pass.  Instead I’ll have 0.6 pts to win on the Mark Johnston newcomer Sea Master.  It is bred for longer distances I understand but one always has to look out for Mark Johnston horses   

Too many short priced favourites in the class 4 and upwards races today for me

Total stakes so far = 2.20

What a waste of time and effort. All ran badly.

I will try 2 pts win on Climate in the 3.30 listed race at Salisbury at 2.62 (my PL unimaginitive Nap).  Will clear my loss if it wins.  Not a good day for punting as far as I'm concerned

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final fling today

7.25 Km Ivasecret 1 pt win at 10.5 on Betfair

Total stakes = 5.2 today

RESULTS UPDATE

Well at least the last selection made a race of it and finished second.  No winners today so a loss of 5.2 points. MTD -33.81 & YTD - 235.99

Not much on offer tomorrow apart from a Racing League event at Lingfield which is hard to get excited about

Edited by The Equaliser