** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 12th - 14th

Watford FC vs Burnley

2022-08-12T21:00+02:00

Watford FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Imran Louza (0/0 m), Tom Dele-Bashiru (0/0 m), Samuel Kalu (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Burnley

Doubtful: Jay Rodriguez (0/0 f), Scott Twine (1/0 m), Kevin Long (0/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Johann Berg Gudmundsson (0/0 m), Ashley Westwood (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Watford v Burnley - BTTS (Yes)

After 2 games both sides have identical records with 1 win 1 draw 2 goals scored and 1 conceded. Both sides struggle for goals which led in no small part to their relegations. However, both being under new managers and with lots of squad movement in the Summer that could change. 7 of the last 10 head to heads between the sides have seen both sides scoreIf I were to stick my neck out on the result I would fancy the 1-1 draw.

Cardiff vs Birmingham

The early 12:30pm BST kick-off in the Championship on Saturday will see Cardiff host Birmingham at the Cardiff City Stadium. Both teams struggled last season but managed to avoid the dreaded drop to League One. The home side have endured a mixed bag of results so far but they'll be hopeful of picking up a vital win against a visiting team who have undoubtedly exceeded expectations thus far.

Cardiff were an enigma heading into this season with the large turnover in playing staff and three games have so far failed to alter that opinion. Steve Morison's team started the season with an impressive 1-0 win over promotion favourites Norwich at home but that was followed up by a disappointing 2-1 loss away to Reading. Midweek then saw a scratch team packed with fringe and reserve players battered ruthlessly by League One side Portsmouth by a 3-0 score in the EFL Cup 1st Round. It's hard to read too much into the results. I think someone somewhere said that centre back Curtis Nelson has been directly responsible for 80% of the goals in the last two games. Harsh but probably true. The lack of a potent front man is also evident with the Bluebirds possessing the worst xG in the Championship. A lack of penetration and finishing in the final third was evident again in the EFL Cup game. It'll be interesting to see what team Morison picks for this one but I'm anticipating he'll have Ryan Allsop in goal with Mahlon Romeo, Jamilu Collins, Perry Ng, and Cedric Kipre in the back-line.  After that, it's open to the gaffer.

Birmingham have looked like a club in trouble for a number of seasons now with the fans blaming the ownership for the problems at the club. The Blues appointed the inexperienced John Eustace as head coach after the sacking of Lee Bowyer back at the start of July. The new man hasn't really had a lot of backing in the transfer market but a number of key additions have come into the club either on permanent contracts or loans including keeper John Ruddy, full back Dion Sanderson, centre backs Auston Trusty and Krystian Bielik, and striker Przemyslaw Placheta. The team started the league campaign with a gritty 0-0 draw away to last season's play-off qualifiers Luton followed up by a 2-1 win at home against Huddersfield. A 2-2 draw with Norwich before losing 4-2 on penalties came in the EFL Cup 1st Round but it's fair to say that there has been enough on show to give the fans a bit of optimism after they'd been so pessimistic all summer.

If there is one thing that's looking likely to happen in this game it's a lack of goals. Less than 2.5 goals have been scored in 8 of the last 10 Cardiff home league games and fewer than 2.5 goals have been scored in 4 of the last 5 Birmingham away league matches. The midday heat is also likely to destroy any energy this match will hope to have. I've still got huge concerns about Cardiff's lack of scoring options and our defence is going to need to be on form if we're to get anything here. That won't change until we add an experienced head up front. I'm not as optimistic as I was a few weeks back but I still feel Cardiff should be gutted if they don't get a draw out of this. Can they get the win? It's a tall order without a killer in the final third.

Draw @ 3.35 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.74 with SBK