** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Torque's Assortment (114 Bets, +73.55pts, +2.17% Yield)

Torque

I'm going to make this the place where I put up bets that I think are worth taking from now on. I ran a thread on here previously that backed only favourites and that generated a decent return, but for this thread I'll back at any odds, favourite or otherwise. I'll also be betting on different sports - hence the thread title - but mostly tennis I expect and the objective is to make a profit.

Edited by Torque

A good start. Samsonova beat Raducanu and both Medvedev and Kyrgios won their respective titles. The only loser was Saville and she's definitely not going to be on my Christmas card list - I must have backed her at least three times this year to win tournaments where she's got down to the latter stages and she's lost every time.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (+77pts, 57% Yield)

Started the week well with a win on Giorgi, before striking out on both Pliskova bets. Tournament wins for Halep and Carreno-Busta more than made up for those losses though and mean that the numbers for this thread so far are ludicrous. It will not last, but at least there's a decent buffer in place for when the losses come.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (+462.35pts, 132% Yield)

Last week ended up being a tough week with a lot of losing bets. All the outright bets went down and in fact every bet last week would have lost had it not been for match wins for both Tomljanovic and Coric. As frustrating as a losing week is, the fact is there had to be a correction at some point as the profit and yield could not possibly be sustained and so it's very much a case of take it on the chin and move on to this week.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (+272.10pts, 39.7% Yield)

45pts Verstappen to win Belgian GP @ 2.71 

15pts Perez to win Belgian GP @ 4.33

45pts Sainz to win Belgian GP @ 4.63

All on the exchanges. The Verstappen price is gone now - took it last night - but the other prices are still there.