** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Torque's Assortment (114 Bets, +73.55pts, +2.17% Yield)

Torque

Time for a bit of an update. With just over 60 bets now in the books, the profit and yield is starting to become more stable - or in other words, a lot of the early profits have been lost. The US Open ended up being a bit of a struggle, with most of the winnings on Swiatek being given back when Alcaraz won on the Men's side after I'd been backing the top 3 in the market who all lost. I'd backed Alcaraz a little as well though so that helped to cushion the loss.

There were a few bets that got away, most notably Fognini to beat Nadal which looked very much on in the early stages of the match before Fognini fell away. Nadal was definitely there for the taking as was shown later in the tournament, so Fognini probably ended up ruing his inability to take advantage. Also I had a nice position on Sabalenka to win on the Women's side, but she wasn't able to build on winning the first set of her match against Swiatek. Like Nadal, Swiatek was vulnerable almost all the way through the tournament but unlike Nadal, she found a way to win regardless. It's difficult to complain too much though, since I had a number of three set match wins that might have gone the other way and also when it would have been much worse had Swiatek and Alcaraz not won.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (62 Bets, +140.75pts, 7.41% Yield)
  • Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (63 Bets, +120.75pts, 6.29% Yield)

Slight loss this week. Some good match wins early in the week were cancelled out by three losing bets to finish the week. The Evans bet was a particular disappointment, as he started his semi-final match a strong favourite and then lost without even winning a set in what was a poor performance.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (73 Bets, +118.00pts, 5.30% Yield)

Last week was pretty rough, but it would have been even worse if Krejcikova hadn't won her tournament at a nice price. Every other bet lost with the exception of the match bet I was least confident about, which was Davis against Sorribes Tormo. That's sometimes the way though and I've learned to accept it. Overall there's still some profit but the yield has taken a bit of a hit, although with less than 100 bets placed so far I'm not too concerned. Some of the odds I'm taking are quite high and so it'll take several hundred bets before a clearer picture emerges about the success or otherwise of the thread.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (83 Bets, +55.90pts, 2.25% Yield)

30pts Chacarra to win LIV Golf Invitational Bangkok @ 1.75

15pts Koepka to win LIV Golf Invitational Bangkok @ 17.66

10pts Bland to win LIV Golf Invitational Bangkok @ 19.62

10pts Kim to win LIV Golf Invitational Bangkok @ 24.52

All on the exchanges.

Wasn't able to do an update yesterday, so I'll do one now after both of today's bets were losers. It's been a brutal run since the last update, one where everything has been losing - favourites, dogs and everything in-between. One thing you need in betting is luck and by that I mean the luck to be on the right side of the bet you've made, and when that luck is out losses can rack up quickly and all you see in your bets is possible winners like Tan just now contriving to lose whilst other bets just get soundly beaten.

And so the thread moves into the red after a promising start. It's fortunate there was a good start, otherwise the thread would be in much worse shape. As I've suggested before, I'll be persisting with this for a while because it's too early to draw firm conclusions.

• Torque changed the title to Torque's Assortment (93 Bets, -105.60pts, -3.81% Yield)