** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday 6th August

1 minute ago, LeMale said:

Let's see the Stewards make a pigs ear of this ruling (1540 Newmarket) Not just the once, but had to stop riding twice!!! And yes i do have money on Dandy Alys. 

And just as i was about to send TWAT Chapman doesn't think there was anything wrong...praised the jockey...unbelievable. 

Im with you on this, the interference was obvious they havent even called a stewards enquiry have they? not sure they should disqualify the winner but if i owned the 2nd i would be 100% sure

1 minute ago, Zilzalian said:

Im with you on this, the interference was obvious they havent even called a stewards enquiry have they? not sure they should disqualify the winner but if i owned the 2nd i would be 100% sure

If there isn't even an enquiry, well, i just give up...

Evening selections. 

Lucky 15. 

5.00. Richard P Smith.           11/8...... unpl 

6.05. Royal Mariner                          4/5... 1st 

6.35. Ford Madox Brown.     ..      3/1..... 2nd 

7.05. Meydan Rose.             4 /1..... 2nd 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

Also trying out the RPR/RTF system on today's listed and group races

Newm 3.40 - Mottisfont 166 (3rd 16/1), Ivory Madonna 164, 

Curr 3.15 - New York City 192, Wings of War and Tereza Mendoza joint 2nd on 183
Curr 4.15 - Little Big Bear 192 (WON 13/8) Bradsell 186

Hayd 3.00 - Intellogent 196, Grocer Jack 195 (2nd 11/8)
Hayd 3.35 - Floral Splendour 175, Crenelle 167 (3rd 5/2)

Bit disappointing there with only 1 winner and 3 placed

Kinda hoping I'd get at least 2 winners

8 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Ascot 1.00 

Not much between Amazoe and Adjourn but Adjourn comes out very slightly on top. 

2.50 points on Adjourn 3/1 

Ive decided to half my usual stakes as I don’t tend to bet much on the flats these days, but jump racing, or decent quality jump racing is a bit sparse this time of year . Usual stake is 5 points but will be 2.50 on flats . 

4 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

2.10 Ascot 

Got this between Arecibo and Manaccan as my top two 

2.50 points Arecibo at 11/2

No luck . In both races my second rated wins. 

21 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:
Course / Time Selection Odds / Bet Type Result
Ascot      
13:00 Amanzoe 2.50 win  
13:35 Stone Soldier 12.50 EW (4 places)  
14:10 Hurricane Ivor 12.00 EW (4 places)  
14:45 Super Superjack 3.25 win  
15:20 Pride of Priory 4.50 win  
15:55 Redarna 14.00 EW (5 places)  
16:30 Hamaki 4.50 win  
17:05 Sterling Knight 12.00 EW (4 places)  

Good luck!

Course / Time Selection Odds / Bet Type Result
Ascot      
13:00 Amanzoe 2.50 win 1st
13:35 Stone Soldier 12.50 EW (4 places) 3rd
14:10 Hurricane Ivor 12.00 EW (4 places) 8th
14:45 Super Superjack 3.25 win 6th
15:20 Pride of Priory 4.50 win 1st
15:55 Redarna 14.00 EW (5 places) 2nd
16:30 Hamaki 4.50 win 1st
17:05 Sterling Knight 12.00 EW (4 places) 5th

I'm extemely pleased with today's results ?

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

I'm having another go with my simple RPR/RTF system as trailed earlier in the week ...... with quite a lot of success in run of the mill weekday handicaps. It's very simple ...... just add up two figures from the Racing Post race card, the RPR and the trainers RTF. Highest number is top rated, second highest is next best

So thought I'd try it out on the Shergar Cup races today ........ 8 competitive class 2/3 handicaps and classified stakes with mainly 10 runner fields. 

Ascot -

1.00 - Amanzoe 168 (WON 5/2) Adjourn 163
1.35 - Stone Soldier 162  Gweedore 160
2.10 - Hurricane Ivor  177, Judicial 164 (2nd 7/1)
2.45 - Super Superjack 171, Red Verdon 169
3.20 - Celtic Art 202, Daneill Kodiac 195
3.55 - Montaasib 179, Redarna 181 (2nd 20/1)
4.30 - Hamaki 169 (WON 3/1), Pub Crawl 155
5.05 - Razeyna 172, Adaay in Asia 168 (WON 4/1)

not bad I guess ..... 3 winners and a couple placed in pretty competitive races

Could have just done with one bigger priced winner 

On 8/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, The Brigadier said:

A bumper eleven races being covered on Saturday afternoon by ITV coming from Ascot, Haydock and Newmarket and here's my thoughts on all eleven -

Ascot 1.35
ITV’s Shergar Cup coverage starts with the second on the card at Ascot - the 7F classified stakes where on official ratings there’s only 4lb between the field. Orbaan was impressive in winning the Golden Mile at Goodwood last week but was well drawn and this will be a totally different test with just eight runner under a 7lb penalty. At the likely odds I’ll take him on. One horse who I feel is overpriced is Katie Scott’s Gweedore. The five year old gelding actually beat Orbaan at Ayr only a month ago by a cosy 2 1/4L receiving 4lb and actually receives 5lb from David O’Meara’s charge today. He’s currently five times the price and hopefully if all eight stand their ground will be worth backing each way. Crack Canadian jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson who’s won the Golden Saddle here before takes the ride which is no negative at all.

GWEEDORE 1 point each way @ 14/1 bet365 1/5th 123

Ascot 2.10
The Shergar Cup Dash is up next, a 5F handicap. A case can be made for plenty with my main fancy being Robert Cowell’s Arecibo who will be ridden today by Danny Tudhope who has actually ridden the seven year old gelding fourteen times in his career. The last time he was seen in a handicap was eleven runs ago back in May 2021 when winning at Newmarket off of a mark of 99, 4lb lower than today’s mark. He’s kept very good company since running in group races this season. He’s still got plenty of zip and looks the one to beat. Mick Appleby’s King Of Stars arrives in good form having run well here last month and has claims along with the only three year old in the field Manaccan who may have more improvement to come. He looks the danger to Arecibo.

ARECIBO 2 points win @ 4/1 William Hill

Haydock 2.25
A small field of only seven assemble for this class 2 one mile handicap. Saeed Bin Suroor’s Electrical Storm is the favourite and holds a good chance on the back of a York victory and 3rd in a decent Sandown handicap where the horse just behind him Protaganist has won since. Off of the same mark he should go close. Top weight Young Fire is 3 from 6 at the track and is another with claims whilst the Charlie and Mark Johnstone trained Dutch Decoy may be the best current value having won at Newmarket on the July course last month prior to a credible 2L 4th in a decent Goodwood handicap last week over a furlong further. Back to a mile should suit and he’s my selection. Skybet, William Hill and Betfred are paying three places in this even runner contest and that looks the way to go.

DUTCH DECOY 1 point each way @ 13/2 William Hill 1/5th 123

Ascot 2.45
The Shergar Cup Stayers is a handicap run over two miles and looks destined to go to Goodwood runner up Super Superjack trained by Milton Harris. He was unlucky not to have won that day as he didn’t get the breaks when he needed them and the drop back half a mile today will hopefully suit him. Nicola Currie who was in top form with a treble a Carlisle earlier in the week has been drawn to ride him. Ralph Beckett’s top weight Rock Eagle went down by half a length to Reshoun at Newbury last month and looks the biggest danger to the selection.

SUPER SUPERJACK 2 points win @ 9/4 William Hill

Haydock 3.00
William Haggas’s Grocer Jack was highly impressive on his British/stable debut and will be hard to beat in this group 3 Rose Of Lancaster Stakes run over 1m 2F 100yds for three year olds and upwards. He’s a skinny enough price mind for one that who’s win can be crabbed as I’m not sure what he beat that day. I can remember saying at the time what a weak listed contest it was. At the likely prices I’m against him. Saeed Bin Suroor’s Passion And Glory is interesting having won a listed contest at Sandown last time whilst the most interesting form line may well turn out to be the first and third from the John Smiths Cup at York a month ago. Owen Burrows’ Anmaat won that on his seasonal re-appearance with Intellogent 3/4L back in third at the line having come from some way back. On 2lb better terms I’ll take Jane Chapple-Hyam’s Intellogent to turn the tables especially as he is proven with cut in the ground unlike Anmaat.

INTELLOGENT 1 point each way @ 11/2 bet365 1/5th 123

Ascot 3.20
The Shergar Cup Challenge is a handicap run over a mile and a half for four year olds and upwards. Newmarket trainer William Haggas has some interesting entries today none more so than his lightly raced four year old gelded son of Pivotal, Pride Of Priory. He’s chasing a hat trick of victories having won all weather handicaps at around this trip at Kempton and Newcastle this summer. He’s risen 10lb for those two success’s but may still be ahead of his mark especially now getting back on turf which he won twice on last Autumn. Kieran Shoemark has been drawn to ride and that’s certainly not a negative. The Whipmaster comes here in good shape having won four of his last five starts but I would be very worried of the form of his trainer Gary Moore who has gone 15 days and 19 runners since his last winner. Southern Voyage is another interesting runner from the Archie Watson stable who was well backed last time when apparently breaking a blood vessel.

PRIDE OF PRIORY 2 points win @ 7/2 Paddy Power

Newmarket 3.40
Nine two year old fillies go to post for the group 3 Sweet Solera Stakes run over 7F of the July course. Likely favourite is the Charlie and Mark Johnstone trained Lakota Sioux who was last seen seven weeks ago when third in the Chesham Stakes at Royal Ascot. That form hasn’t worked out that well and I think he’s worth taking on today. Richard Spencer’s Ivory Madonna failed to win his maiden last time and is another I can be against. I’m keen on the once raced Karl Burke trained Novakai, a daughter of Lope De Vega who bolted up on her debut at Doncaster at 12/1 and could be useful and the similarly once raced Ismail Mohammed trained Alseyoob who won a Newmarket maiden on her debut in a race where the third won at the weekend. I’ll dutch the pair.

ALSEYOOB 1 point win @ 6/1 bet365
NOVAKAI point win @ 4/1 bet365

Ascot 3.55
The Shergar Cup Mile is a handicap that is open to four year olds and upwards and features, to my eyes, the best bet on the card. William Haggas trains the lightly raced four year old chestnut son of Exceed And Excel Montassib who’s won three of his five career starts and hasn’t been been beaten far in two big field handicaps on his last two starts. Off of the same handicap mark and with Danny Tudhope in the plate he looks a worthy favourite and can take this. Isla Kai has been a bit disappointing so far this season but his time is near and he should be thereabouts whilst David O’Meara’s ex Irish import Bopedro who ran well on his English debut when fourth of ten here can also be thereabouts but for me this is all about Montassib who’s stepping up to a mile today for the first time.

MONTASSIB 3 points win @ 5/2 bet365

Curragh 4.15
A small but select field of six go to post for this years renewal of the group one Phoenix Stakes run over 6F. Aidan O’Brien saddles a brace of decent two year olds in Blackbeard and Little Big Bear. Ryan Moore appears to have chosen the latter and following a demolition job in a group 3 here last time should be thereabouts but may not be good enough to beat the English raider Bradsell who could be very good. A visually impressive winner at York on his debut in May he followed up a month later when a cosy winner of the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot from subsequent group winners Persian Force, Royal Scotsman and Blackbeard. Trainer Archie Watson was stating earlier in the week that he hasn’t got anything fast enough at home to lead him on the gallops including group one winner Glen Shiel. Hollie Doyle’s over to ride and although this is a step up from Ascot he could be very good and worth a good bet.

BRADSELL 3 points win @ 7/4 bet365

Ascot 4.30
1m 4f is the distance of the Shergar Cup Classic a handicap for three year olds only. William Haggas is maybe in for a good day and his Hamaki is my fancy here. He’s been raised 5lb for his victory at Haydock last time out on soft ground but has done enough on faster ground previously to suggest that he handles any types of ground. Jamie Spencer rides and although not my favourite jockey can certainly get the job done when needed. Andrew Balding’s Berkshire Breeze is still maiden after six starts but has been knocking on the door on his last two starts and his time is near. The Gosden’s Franz Strauss got turned over in a three runner handicap last time and may have little in hand of his mark.

HAMAKI 2 points each way @ 5/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 1234

Ascot 5.05
The Shergar Cup concludes with the Sprint, a handicap run over 6F for three year olds only. That man William Haggas has another fancied runner here in the shape of the Jose-Luis Martinez ridden Razeyna, a winner at Carlisle last time which is already starting to work out. He should run well but I want to with the Richard Fahey trained Admiral D who’s run well in defeat in two of the best three year old sprint handicaps of the season so far. Runner up to Lethal Levi (winner since) at Newmarket last time he will ridden by the capable Joanna Mason and should be bang there at the finish. Reserve Conflict is making his handicap debut for Andrew Balding and would be a player if getting a run.

ADMIRAL D 2 points win @ 7/2 Coral

On a footnote Unibet are currently promoting a great offer of their 15 to Go Offer on all of the ITV races (in Sunday as well) where if you place a bet with them in the 15 minutes before the scheduled start time and back the winner they will match your stake with a free bet up to £20. That’s a great offer I think and if you want to get involved click on this link 

Just a couple of winners and a place today but still made a small profit of 1.30 points. 

10 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Themaxwecan   2 45 A     1/5 pt win    18/1       { the peerless spencer delivers } 

Gustavus weston   3 15 Cur   1/5  pt win  16/1

Typhoon ten   4 20 NM   1/5 pt win     22/1 

Amirat alward    5 25 Cur   1/5 pt win   30/1

Foxes tails    3 00 H     1/5 pt win    23/1

P/L    + 145.25  pt

I am kicking myself for not having some money on Themaxwecan and thank you for flagging it up.  My reason would have been the canny Mark Johnston.  Well done ?

11 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Themaxwecan   2 45 A     1/5 pt win    18/1       { the peerless spencer delivers } 

Gustavus weston   3 15 Cur   1/5  pt win  16/1

Typhoon ten   4 20 NM   1/5 pt win     22/1 

Amirat alward    5 25 Cur   1/5 pt win   30/1

Foxes tails    3 00 H     1/5 pt win    23/1

P/L    + 145.25  pt

well back from pub early { as barfight causes it to be shut early } i drink in all the class establishments / not 

but the 200 squid on spencers mount means i will sleep well / 

10 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

u see what im saying top rated favs winning is best benefit. 

Yep, good idea for a trial run .......... perhaps I'll do that one day during the week

Obviously though all the selections will be short prices so might be a good tactic for getting a yankee or lucky 15 up ?

3 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

im quite happy backing low odds level stakes best way

I've had a look through todays cards with Skybet prices and only 2 qualifiers .......

Wind 3.10 - Rainbow Mirage
Hayd 6.15 - Queen Aminatu

that's at current prices, they might not be Favs by race time if something else in the race is backed ....

They're both not bad odds ...... currently 5/2 and 10/3

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I've had a look through todays cards with Skybet prices and only 2 qualifiers .......

that's at current prices, they might not be Favs by race time if something else in the race is backed ....

i have queen last night. bloody hell its moved in, then again most mine do lol.

Screenshot_20220806-222807.png

15 minutes ago, Trotter said:

will do my naps on nap channel when i can but i cant do too much here cos run my own site lol. but love the content helps me think how i can improve.

Yep, it’s made me try and reevaluate how I do mine. There’s always room for improvement, certainly in my case.  I’ve never thought about RTF before wether it be trainer or horse that’s RTF . I’ve got tomorrow off so may try and look at things tonight and try some test runs at very small stakes just for bit of fun.