** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 2nd August

4 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Barbill    7 50  kmp   1/5 pt  win   16/1 

sibila spain   2 33 deauv    1/5 pt win    20/1 

P/L    +  146 pts 

Is it possible for you to edit the heading to "Racing Chat - Tuesday 2nd August" it took me a while to find it?  Many thanks if you can do this for me and other not so techie members

This afternoons system selections ......

Handicaps - top two rated ..... seems to have picked out a few longshots today !

Ffos 1.25 - Al Kout 172, Winklevi 150
Ffos 3.00 - Pope Gregory 152, Bonus 136
Ffos 3.30 - Angels Roc 134, Showman 133

Ffos 4.00 - Coronation Cottage 171, Secretfact 170

Catt 3.15 - Haven Lady 142, Urban Forest 126
Catt 3.45 - Ginato 125, Quercus 124
Catt 4.15 - Purple Reign 122, Cavendish 117
Catt 4.45 - Just Set Go 169, Shesadabber 134

I don't know why I can't get the C&P from Word (or this typing here) to be the same text size as normal typing in the Reply Box ........ I did yesterday but can't today. There does seem to be some strange Settings on the site !

• MCLARKE changed the title to Racing Chat - Tuesday 2nd August
6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I don't know why I can't get the C&P from Word (or this typing here) to be the same text size as normal typing in the Reply Box ........ I did yesterday but can't today. There does seem to be some strange Settings on the site !

There has been an upgrade to the site, perhaps this has caused the issue.

2 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

There has been an upgrade to the site, perhaps this has caused the issue.

I have noticed certain things have changed. After "liking" yesterdays big nap wins it then took me 5 minutes to get back out again! 

Also, why does it now take me to a page when i click on Notifications? Upgrades are meant to improve, right? 

I am not backing in most races today.  It is mainly class 6 and 5 rubbish again.  The early afternoon Class 4 events seem to have odds on shots for favourites. This leaves the 7.20 Kemp and the 7.50 which is an 11runner class 2 event.  The 7.20 has a 6/5 favourite and so I won't try to find something to beat it.

7.50 Prop Forward 1 pt win at 4.5, Scotts Grace 0.6 win at 6/1, Tyger Bay 0.30 win at 14/1 and Capotes Dream 0.15 at 25/1 Total stakes = 2.05 points.

Prop Forward has been raised 11lbs and I doubt whether his nuts being cut off will compensate for the weight difference, however, there has to be a worry that the horse may struggle being so much higher in the weights.  Therefore I won't nap it today

Good luck to all today.  Let's hope that @Trotter does well again today.  It will be interesting to see how his selections get along in all the dross racing today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS UPDATE

I backed 6 horses in one race and still didn't win!  I thought that Prop Froward was vulnerable with the extra weight and some will say it got boxed in and was unlucky.  Luckily I only lost 3.05 points so no real damage.  The MTD is -15.6 and the YTD is -217.78

Some possibilities tomorrow, 2 races Brighton, 4 at Ponte and 3 at Kempton where the class 4 and above have favourites at 5/2 and more

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

53 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Use "paste as plain text" instead of "paste"?

29 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I am not backing in most races today.  It is mainly class 6 and 5 rubbish again.  The early afternoon Class 4 events seem to have odds on shots for favourites. This leaves the 7.20 Kemp and the 7.50 which is an 11runner class 2 event.  The 7.20 has a 6/5 favourite and so I won't try to find something to beat it.

7.50 Prop Forward 1 pt win at 4.5, Scotts Grace 0.6 win at 6/1, Tyger Bay 0.30 win at 14/1 and Capotes Dream 0.15 at 25/1 Total stakes = 2.05 points.

Prop Forward has been raised 11lbs and I doubt whether his nuts being cut off will compensate for the weight difference, however, there has to be a worry that the horse may struggle being so much higher in the weights.  Therefore I won't nap it today

Good luck to all today.  Let's hope that @Trotter does well again today.  It will be interesting to see how his selections get along in all the dross racing today

class 5-6 is where most angles are

750 kemp 

Ayr Harbour   8.2 9/1 

Strong power   8.0 12/1 

Prop forward  7.6  

Tyger Bay  7.5 

@The Equaliser.....tricky race because some horses are way better on turf than all weather but with 4 places the top 2 ew look very good value to take on bookies fancied horse prop forward 

5pt ew top 2 

3 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

750 kemp 

Ayr Harbour   8.2 9/1 

Strong power   8.0 12/1 

Prop forward  7.6  

Tyger Bay  7.5 

@The Equaliser.....tricky race because some horses are way better on turf than all weather but with 4 places the top 2 ew look very good value to take on bookies fancied horse prop forward 

5pt ew top 2 

Many thanks for that.  I have already backed Prop Forward and Tyger Bay so I'll sort out a couple of half-point win bets on your selections.  I should still make a profit if any horse wins.  This should be fun to watch.  Thanks again

I should not feel ashamed but I do. As an "eye" expert I seldom go home without a profit but my 'tips' can prove lamentable.

When I first saw the horse CONQUERING (8.50 Kempton) I had split reactions.

A/ He is always the best looking horse in the race.

B/ He is always the slowest horse in the rac

C/ His jockeys are heros to keep him out of last position.

His owners must hope he can jump a fence.

But then, I think I have to give the horse credit for not coming last. His latest 3rd was in a 6 horse field and he finished in a different county beating another three. 

They quicken up and Muffin The Mule goes past him. 

Well he is now up to two miles so who knows? Its hard not to see the three CD winners (3,4,5)beating him out of sight but maybe a "little each way saver"? He has the always trying rider de Sousa aboard...naw, I am getting silly. Only 16-1? Joking...I was hoping for 25-1. TULANE. omg. Templegate is madder than me. Hes picked CONQUERING

I am out of here...good luck all

Here's the results from the system selections this afternoon ...... not so good as yesterday with just the one winner at 11/2

Bit unlucky at Catterick with 2nd in every race .......

Ffos 3.00 - Bonus 136 (WON 11/2) - other selection a NR
Ffos 3.30 - Angels Roc 134, Showman 133, (3rd 17/2)

Catt 3.15 - Haven Lady 142 (2nd 7/2), Urban Forest 126
Catt 3.45 - Ginato 125, Quercus 124 (2nd 11/2)
Catt 4.15 - Purple Reign 122 (2nd 5/2), Cavendish 117
Catt 4.45 - Just Set Go 169, Shesadabber 134 (2nd 9/1)

....... and this evenings selections on the AW

Chel 6.10 - Signora Camacho 147, Grace Angel 142
Chel 6.40 - Cotai Star 136, Bazalgette 135
Chel 7.10 - Geelong 174, Oriental Art 137
Chel 7.40 - Dahawy 137, Twentysharesofgrey 131

Kemp 5.50 - Zakram 119, Princess Naomi 119
Kemp 7.20 - Daytona Lady 178, Sanks A Million 135
Kemp 7.50 - Tyger Bay 184, Prop Forward 171
Kemp 8.20 - Hundon 147, Sir Gregory 125
Kemp 8.50 - I Doubt That 168, Mint Julep 137

23 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Here's the results from the system selections this afternoon ...... not so good as yesterday with just the one winner at 11/2

Bit unlucky at Catterick with 2nd in every race .......

Ffos 3.00 - Bonus 136 (WON 11/2) - other selection a NR
Ffos 3.30 - Angels Roc 134, Showman 133, (3rd 17/2)

Catt 3.15 - Haven Lady 142 (2nd 7/2), Urban Forest 126
Catt 3.45 - Ginato 125, Quercus 124 (2nd 11/2)
Catt 4.15 - Purple Reign 122 (2nd 5/2), Cavendish 117
Catt 4.45 - Just Set Go 169, Shesadabber 134 (2nd 9/1)

I did place bets (Smarkets doesn't have an EW market) and got something back on all your Catt selections!  - thanks ?

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

750 kemp 

Ayr Harbour   8.2 9/1 

Strong power   8.0 12/1 

Prop forward  7.6  

Tyger Bay  7.5 

5pt ew top 2 

2nd and just pipped for 4th ...unlucky but good runs 

this evening's system results ...... another 4 winners and a couple of places

Chel 6.10 - Signora Camacho 147 (WON 8/11), Grace Angel 142
Chel 6.40 - Cotai Star 136 (WON 11/2) Bazalgette 135
Chel 7.10 - Geelong 174, Oriental Art 137
Chel 7.40 - Dahawy 137, Twentysharesofgrey 131

Kemp 5.50 - Zakram 119 (2nd 16/5), Princess Naomi 119
Kemp 7.20 - Daytona Lady 178, Sanks A Million 135
Kemp 7.50 - Tyger Bay 184, Prop Forward 171 (3rd 5/2)
Kemp 8.20 - Hundon 147, Sir Gregory 125 (WON 15/8)
Kemp 8.50 - I Doubt That 168 (WON 6/5) Mint Julep 137

I guess results would be better taking a price and BOG rather than just going by SP ....... and you could also ignore any real no-hopers although that risks missing out on a really big priced one every blue moon. My best winner so far has been 16/1 and I'm tempted to ignore anything at 20/1 or above

something else I noticed looking at the Fast Results on the Sporting Life ........ a lot of these races were flagged up as Skybet paying an extra place even on fairly small fields ...... like 3 places in 7 runner fields etc. I didn't know that !

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

something else I noticed looking at the Fast Results on the Sporting Life ........ a lot of these races were flagged up as Skybet paying an extra place even on fairly small fields ...... like 3 places in 7 runner fields etc. I didn't know that !

Yes they do offer excellent extra place terms, it's my most profitable earner at the moment. The only downside is they don't offer BOG.