** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Aug 6th & 7th

All over Aberdeen to beat St Mirren this weekend, price just shy of evens is a good price.

Dons lost away to my team, but myself and the boys who sit around me were impressed with dons. They on the whole played ok against Celtic albeit set up to defend, they looked fairly dangerous on counter and missed a 100% chance in front of goal when Jonny  Hayes had time to control the ball and pick his spot. He put it the wrong side of the post. It was easily the best chance of the match. They have have brought in some new players which have improved the team.

St Mirren on the other hand are my tip to be relegated they were terrible when losing their home season opener against a Motherwell team who are beret of confidence having being embarrassed by Sligo Rover in their European fixtures. I think there will be a clear power shift this season with a lot of SPL teams like Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Hearts being fairly astute in the transfer market. I think we will see the SPL align as such. St Mirren and St Johnstone in my view will battling out the last two spots.

Dons will have pencilled this game to get their season started. This is their home season opener against a poor team, i expect them to win easily.

Edited by dogmeister

My other thought is that Dundee Utd should have too much for Livingston on Sunday and i think the price is too big for the home side and there is value to be had.

Dundee Utd have bought well this summer. The signing of Levitt from Man Utd is an outstanding piece of business, this kid is the real deal and probably is the best midfielder in the SPL outside the old firm. The signing of McGrath from wigan, veteran striker Fletcher and winger Middleton from Rangers are all very good signings. Trust me when i say this, Tannadice could be a trap for a lot of teams this season and i include Celtic in this.  I suggested that the Arabs could be a long shot to beat AZ in midweek at 15/2, they played well and secured the 1-0 win.  Watch the goal from Middleton btw, its a cracker.

Livingston are the perennial hot and cold team and can cause an upset on any given day,  however the loss of winger Alan Forrest to Hearts is a big loss for them.  Look to the Arabs to ride on the wave of confidence of beating AZ and dispatch of Livingston.

Back Dundee Utd to win.