** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My August Experiment

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

Very impressive. Hope you continue in September.

Its something i do month by month anyway (but the singles i bet to a fiver not £3.50) I just had an idea to do it for the £20 Challenge for August (i also wanted those interested to be able to compare it to the one i did last August). but like i said at the start i put it on its own so i could find/update it easier. Then someone pissed me off and i chucked my toys out of the pram (I hate being accused of cheating) i finished it like this for anyone that was interested in how it turned out. Next month i have decided to do one on Forecasts and Tricasts which i also do as part of my personal betting, so i hope that might interest a few people. Maybe @LEE-GRAYS might want to give this experiment a try for PL in September, I have watched his selections and i think/suspect it will end up in profit but couldnt say definitively.

14 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Its something i do month by month anyway (but the singles i bet to a fiver not £3.50) I just had an idea to do it for the £20 Challenge for August (i also wanted those interested to be able to compare it to the one i did last August). but like i said at the start i put it on its own so i could find/update it easier. Then someone pissed me off and i chucked my toys out of the pram (I hate being accused of cheating) i finished it like this for anyone that was interested in how it turned out. Next month i have decided to do one on Forecasts and Tricasts which i also do as part of my personal betting, so i hope that might interest a few people. Maybe @LEE-GRAYS might want to give this experiment a try for PL in September, I have watched his selections and i think/suspect it will end up in profit but couldnt say definitively.

Will do on daily chat but for smaller stakes and will be e/w like my French one ?

4 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

Will do on daily chat but for smaller stakes and will be e/w like my French one ?

Thats a good policy Lee at least it wont cost much if it fails a bit. What are you thinking 25p ew the singles and a 10p ew lucky 15? that adds up to a deep sea diver.

1 minute ago, Zilzalian said:

Thats a good policy Lee at least it wont cost much if it fails a bit. What are you thinking 25p ew the singles and a 10p ew lucky 15? that adds up to a deep sea diver.

That’s it will suspend my French one and add Irish and uk see how it goes for month ??

2 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Below is the accounting of this months experiment with the difference being that the singles i put on were £5 win singles and not the £3.50 win singles in the experiment, the difference was due to wanting to keep the published experiment down to £20.00 The lucky 15 is the same at 40p (£6)

Screenshot 2022-08-31 165713.png

£80.09 profit on the Lucky 15's and £641.12 on the £5.00 win singles So all in all a profit of £721.21

Obviously hugely impressive in terms of the returns from the selections but what's the conclusion in terms of the experiment? If my top of the head maths are right you'd have made more by just staking the entire amount as singles (e.g. £6.50 singles adding the L15 stakes to the fiver).

Presumably you'd take the view that the difference is worth it for the potential bumper payday when you hit 3 or 4, which is extremely likely if you got similar results month in, month out?