** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My August Experiment

325 Ripo   Dakota Gold  3/1         2nd

640 Carl    Vis a vis         9/1          oops

550 Wind  Mia Paradis   8/1          3rd

730 Wind Graph             28/1        oops

-£20.00

40p Lucky15 + 4 x £3.50 Singles = £20 (this will be the bet and staking plan every day in August) Prices Bet365 (bog) at time of posting.

I was going to put this in the £20 Daily Challenge post but this way i can keep track easier.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

9 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Good luck. What is the logic behind the selections ?

Mixed really. Past observations, as you know some trainers are habitual (Tregonings gg tomorrow). Actual form in some cases. Eg How did Dakota Gold get beat? aleeze dancer has no where near the level of form even getting that weight but thats racing for you. Mia paradis ran quite well behind an odds on shot lto and in my opinion had an experience advantage in this so the 8/1 was good value especially for ew bitter drinkers and the half a stouters ? Vis a vis got backed down to half its am price but flopped. The Charlton horse was a bit of a gamble on my part he usually pops a few in and it got bumped and stumbled lto so thought price was a bit generous but that bugger came last, handicaps for that one now. Just a bit of fun really i think/hope it will prove profitable this month.

155 Fola   Ocatango            8/1      lost

230 Fola   Nordic Pearl        20/1     nr

330 Fola   Albion Princess    9/4      nr

233 Deau Malavath             22/1     lost

hate Nrs but it is what it is so -£11.80 on the day     -£31.80 month

40p Lucky15 + 4 x £3.50 Singles = £20 (this will be the bet and staking plan every day in August) Prices Bet365 (bog) at time of posting.

Edited by Zilzalian
Updated due to error

720 Kemp    White Umbrella          11/1 Unusual betting patterns 11/1 then 8/1 then all prices out to 25/1 ????

355 Claire    Miss Blue Sky             11/2 winner

820 Kemp    Legendary Day            9/1 3rd at 16/1

255 Pont      Zaman Jamil               13/2 2nd btn a hd

A return of £27.55

+7.55 on the day -£23.25 the month

plus bits of ew profit for the stout drinkers

40p Lucky15 + 4 x £3.50 Singles = £20 (this will be the bet and staking plan every day in August) Prices Bet365 (bog) at time of posting.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

230 Nott   Novel Legend                    20/1 backed down to 7/2 and came last.

540 Donc  Thats Just Dandy               4/1   3rd

610 Donc Princess Rajj                       5/1   walked in the market to 25/1 and lost

740 Donc Sir Henry Cotton               10/1 poor imo

A loss of £20 on the day -£43.25 on the month

Edited by Zilzalian
update

300 Thir     Perotto                 11/4      lost

150 Clair    Divino                   4/1        lost

225 Clair    Gualana                8/1         3rd

410 Clair    Measure in Time  4/1          2nd

-£63.25 on the month

Edited by Zilzalian

One thing that occurs is that you might as well do a Yankee instead of a L15 because most of your stake is going on singles anyway and the 40p singles included in the L15 seem a bit redundant if you're already doing £3.50 singles ...... just add the 40p and do £3.90 singles

so you'd have a 40p Yankee = £4.40

4 x £3,90 singles - £15.60

Total £20

You're still getting your 40p doubles, trebles and acca

1 minute ago, calva decoy said:

I wonder if more & more losses occur you'll subconsciously pick shorter priced horses ?

Well no, looking at todays selections you may well think that but i have certain habits that have served me well over the years so i stick to those, had to look through cards quickly last night as i was supposed to be busy this morning (weather put paid to the busy bit) so went with the obvious that fit my habits to be fair i was struggling to find 4 selections until looking at the Clairefontaine card. I put £600, £20 per day aside knowing i wont lose it all but was/am quite prepared to. Yesterday for example my short list of 7 included Whisper -won and Percy Jones-won Libertus-lost i generally drop the shortest prices which i admit is counter to norms but long term has served me well.

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Oh dear ........ bolt of lightning moment .......

Just realised that the above wouldn't make any difference ..... d'oh !

I'm getting old ....... ?

The significant thing about lucky 15's is the double the odds for just getting one winner, not much use if you back short odds but quite usefull if you back at bigger odds, One 7/1 winner gets you your money back for the lucky 15 part and £28 back for the £3.50 single.

14 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

The significant thing about lucky 15's is the double the odds for just getting one winner, not much use if you back short odds but quite usefull if you back at bigger odds, One 7/1 winner gets you your money back for the lucky 15 part and £28 back for the £3.50 single.

Good  thinking !

?

245 Ascot Island Brave               9/1            lost

355 Ascot power of darkness    12/1           nr

430 Ascot dancing tango           20/1          lost

505 Ascot Corazon                     12/1          lost

1 non runner so return of £3.60 Lost of £16.40

mtd -£79.65

Edited by Zilzalian
update

133 deau      botanik                 9/1   won        (sp 4/1)

255 deau      rohaan                 16/1  4th         (could/should have won imo)

515 hayd      miramici                8/1   lost        poor

615 hayd      rainbow colours    16/1 lost        poor

Returns £42.60 +22.60 on the day

MTD reduces losses to -56.05

Edited by Zilzalian
update

330 kemp greek flame                    6/1         lost

145 wolv teagarden jaz                   7/2        3rd

345 wolv citrus grove                      9/2         lost

605 wind poppy field                      14/1       lost

£20 loss on the day with some woeful performances

MTD grows to £76.05

Edited by Zilzalian
update

300 Ling   Blame Culture     10/1          lost

245 nott   the goat               7/1            3rd

308 deau  recording angel   4/1            lost

123 deau  bolchoi                15/8          won 2.3/1

returns 11.94 = -£8.06            MTD -£84.11

Edited by Zilzalian
update

431 vichy   shanakill                         7/1       won

725 kemp  huddleton mac              11/2      lost

715 fola     haymaker                       11/4     won

540 kemp  regal masque                 12/1     bkd 7/1 pu

returns £57.32               MTD  losses reduce to  -£26.75

Edited by Zilzalian

735 deau   Balsamand                  7/1          lost

305 sali Willouby Boy                  15/2          nr

415 sali Sinjaari                            11/2         lost

810 ling Good Soul                      11/1         lost

£3.90 returns a loss of -£16.10            MTD £42.85

Edited by Zilzalian
update

2 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Where would you be if you bet £5 level stakes (or proportional stakes)

Well its the £20.00 bit that i am mmm amusing myself with, was going to submit it to the 20 quid challenge, last min i decided to put it in one place easier to keep track of. if you remember last august i ran similar but £5 win. the £5 singles won the day showing a profit the Lucky 15's showing a loss but combined still showing a profit. this time i had been losing motivation and getting lazy (not good when money is draining) so needed something/anything to concentrate on. an aside to this I am currently analysing why last year i lost all be it by a small margin and this year has been disasterous apart from a couple of big forecasts i had got up which wiped out all my losses and put me in front. before that i hadnt had a losing year in the previous 15. One thing i have realised because of the motivation/enthusiasm angle is that if i dont put the work in i will lose and i suspect that is the problem.

Another footnote looking at others on the forum  i suspect @LEE-GRAYS may do very well doing something similar if not the same because you need the bigger prices which he isnt shy of, whereas @The Equaliser would get murdered.

Edited by Zilzalian

310 newb katey kontent           5/1            lost disapointing

410 newb persian royal             3/1           (won nr affected returned 9/4)

758 newm power of darkness   8/1           lost messy race disapointing

445 claire  two face                   9/2           won bog 5/1

returns £43.87 profit £23.87          MTD +£01.02

Edited by Zilzalian
update

210 newm Rozalia                   11/1        lost (bad ride)

120 newb  General Lee            11/2        2nd

250 ripo     Snash                     10/1        Lost (bad pick)

145 hopp   Techno Music         28/1        won

returns £124.30  Profit £104.30       MTD +£125.32

Edited by Zilzalian
update

255 deau Order of Australia         28/1      lost

133 deau Dreamflight                  14/1       lost

330 deau Lord Charming              33/1      lost

405 deau Fennela                          16/1      lost

-£20.00          MTD +£105.32

40p Lucky15 + 4 x £3.50 Singles = £20 (this will be the bet and staking plan every day in August) Prices Bet365 (bog) at time of posting.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

This thread ends today because i see no point in posting/sharing information/tips that i have spent hours searching for and publishing for the benefit of others in the spirit of a social site. The site is excellent in all aspects apart from fortunitely just the tiniest minority being prats and having the audacity to accuse me of breaking/flouting the rules of the site. I hope just one person benefitted from the profits generated on this thread.

Edited by Zilzalian

16 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

This thread ends today because i see no point in posting/sharing information/tips that i have spent hours searching for and publishing for the benefit of others in the spirit of a social site. The site is excellent in all aspects apart from fortunitely just the tiniest minority being prats and having the audacity to accuse me of breaking/flouting the rules of the site. I hope just one person benefitted from the profits generated on this thread.

You regularly dish out very unpleasant personal comments against me, even in your above post, yet you cannot seem to take any kind of criticism yourself.  Stop being a cry baby and grow up