** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 15 - August 21

• 2 weeks later...

Cincy + Vancouver + Challengers. 

Wawrinka against Murray will be pretty nostalgic, and, to be honest, I think that Wawrinka over Murray at 3.34 with Pinnacle offers quite some value. Both have been poor lately, and I don't see Wawrinka being that poorer, really. I also like Kudermetova over Krejcikova at 1.67 with Unibet. It's hard to trust the Czech's fitness, and she's yet to beat a player of Kudermetova's level since coming back after the injury.

Last week, 7 bets, 1 win, to leave a Total

P/L -5.68pts

One selection for me after trawling through the many first round contests and I can't help but feel I have bet this just for the sake of betting on a game after my time spent sifting through the matches lol

Anyway, I have gone with:

ATP Cincinnati

Henri Laaksonen 8.00

Gone with the lad Henri to beat the heavily odds on fav of Alex De Minaur. Now Minaur 'should' win this. Though in sports betting things that 'should' happen definitely don't always play out that way. De Minaur will be coming into the game from a defeat by fellow countryman Kyrgios and I wondered if any more knowledgeable people on here could tell me do De Minaur and Kyrgios get along? If not, a defeat to Mr Kyrgios could sting a little for De Minaur. Laaksonen on the other hand will be coming into the game off of two qualifier wins against higher ranked opponents which can only do the world of good for his confidence. Also the last head to head meeting between the two players Laaksonen pushed De Minaur close so at the prices I do feel they are being a bit harsh on Laaksonen's chances. Whether he wins, only time will tell. Best of luck to all.

Prices as most often are from Bet365

Emil Ruusuvuori to beat Marin Cilic || 2.6@Olybet! 

These two met in Queens this summer , and croatian won 7:6 6:4. Interesting that Marin have not played since then in any tournament, just before Montreal, so about 2months no tennis.

Ruusuvuori has some momentum going into this, he played 5 more tournaments just before Montreal, and despite not playing that good ass he wanted to, he troubled a lot some great players like Diego and Hurkascz. 

Marin is 33yy, and i am wondering how good he is prepared. So there is some bets like +3.5 on Emil with 1.65, and overs maybe tempting aswell, but i am picking fin to win straight up.?

Carlos Alcaraz to win both sets vs Mackenzie McDonald || 1.49@Olybet!

American is nowhere near the level of Carlos, and this is his chance to bouce back after that loss to T.Paul in Montreal. They played each other this year in Indian Wells and Carlos won 6:3 6:3. Really cant see him any problem here 

Under 21 may be the option aswell ?

For me the one long shot that I do like is Beatriz Haddad Maia to beat Ostapenko.  She is on a hell of a run, reaching the Canadian Open final last weekend. And it was no fluke. Halep actually played exceptionally well to beat her, hardly missed a ball, and chased everything down.  But Haddad Maia beat some very good players along the way,

Bencic, Swiatek, Pliskova Fernandez is not bad at all.

1. Sun, 14 Aug
    Final·Centre Court
    Final
    Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Romania
    S. Halep

Sun, 14 Aug
    Semi-final·Centre Court
    Final
    Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Czechia
    K. Plíšková

Sat, 13 Aug
    Quarter-final·Centre Court
    Final
    Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Switzerland
    B. Bencic

Thu, 11 Aug
    Round of 16·Centre Court
    Final
    Poland
    I. Świątek

Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Wed, 10 Aug
    Round of 32·Centre Court
    Final
    Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Canada
    L. Fernandez

Mon, 08 Aug
    Round of 64·Court 1
    Final
    Brazil

B. Haddad Maia

Italy

M. Trevisan

The other favorite I really don't like is Anette Konteveit versus Martincova.  Something strange going on with Konteviet who is just so inconsistent at the moment. She lost first match last week (expected as she just flew in from Europe).  Martincova also played through qualifiers, so will have for more match-practice on the courts

2. Today
    Round of 32·Court 4
    20:15 *
    Czechia

T. Martincová

Estonia
    A. Kontaveit

Today
    Round of 64·Porsche Court
    Final
    Czechia

T. Martincová

Spain

N. Parrizas-Diaz

Sun, 14 Aug
    Qualifiers·Court 4
    Final
    Czechia

T. Martincová

Poland
    M. Linette

Sat, 13 Aug
    Qualifiers·Grandstand
    Final
    Romania
    I. Begu

Czechia

T. Martincová

3. I think I will take a small double (1 unit) and then equal stakes ( 4 units each) on each of Martincova and Haddad Maia. 
Edited by neilovan

Quite unfortunate with Sonego, he was the better player for most of the match, should've taken it into a final set TB as well, but there was a rain break just before his final service game and Shelton got lucky on a big point. Cirstea over Kvitova is still holding at 2.48 and I'll take that, looks like a 50/50 match to me. Based on yesterday, Shelton should get beaten handily by Rudd, but the odds are way too short and he has nothing to lose, so not gonna take any of the handicaps.

Casper Ruud to win both sets vs Ben Shelton || 1.67@olybet 

Casper is no match for Shelton,  if theres no issues, cant see Ben causing a problem. American won against Sonego last night, but i would say that he just sliped past him. Casper would win easily here. 1.22 on straight win is on a win, but ill take 2:0 ?

Edited by TennisPRO

Miomir Kecmanovic - Jannik Sinner|| over 21.5 games || 1.71@Olybet

What a comeback serbian made last night. Defeating Careno Busta, break point down įin the 2nd set , he came back with a blast. He looked sharrp and calm under the pressure. 

They met two times and both were tight games. Expecting serbian to do well in this game again.

Anyone on Fritz to beat Kyrgios at 2.20? 

Kyrgios has played a lot of matches this month, considering his personality if things don't go his way he might get frustrated and his kind of "don't care" attitude might show up, Fritz is no push over and playing at home so i was expecting more even odds.

1 hour ago, 888888 said:

Anyone on Fritz to beat Kyrgios at 2.20? 

Kyrgios has played a lot of matches this month, considering his personality if things don't go his way he might get frustrated and his kind of "don't care" attitude might show up, Fritz is no push over and playing at home so i was expecting more even odds.

Thats right, Nick is playing hell of a marathon of tennis, and at some point he might just let go and prepare for US open. But i guess 2.2 is too low worth of a risk, especially vs Nick. But anyways this can be a decent chance for Fritz 

For today, I took a boosted single at 365 which is Rybakina -1.5 [email protected] over Riske, with a 10% edge. No doubt Rybakina is the favourite here, she's growing over the past matches, I don't think Riske will be able to cope with the power of her shots. I also took a double to cover this bet just in case something goes wrong, Fritz + [email protected] both straight wins.

Edited by Dax

Guys, what do you think about a bet of Tsitsipas + Rybakina + Kudermetova@ 2.9. Tomljanovic seems to be playing not so bad but she didn't play against really good players except for the win against Badosa and the one a week ago against Kudermetova as well. Is Kudermetova gonna take this match or so I pick Fritz for replacement?

1 hour ago, sterziyskii said:

Exactly yeah. And Tomljanovic played against Badosa which was playing terribly and lost 10 straight games. Anyway would probably go for Fritz. 

That doesn't seem right to me. You can't favorize Fritz when he's facing Rublev compared to not taking Kudermetova to beat Tomljanovic which is more likely to happen. I don't expect Rublev to beat himself exactly so Fritz will need to do more work I think than Kudermetova will have to do.