** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship League Snooker 2022

Fader

A brand new season kicked off not long ago and although there hasn't been any big tournaments really, we've had a couple of Championship League groups play out. Two more get played today but I'm only really interested in Group 9 which houses Barry Hawkins with Peifan Lei, Sijun and Doherty. I'm looking at both Lei and Sijun to potentially cause an early season upset

2pts Sijun to win group 7/2 bet365
1pt Lei to win Group 8/1 bet365

Less obvious choices today. Group 8 looks to be quite open. Perry has to be a strong favourite after winning an event last season but other than that event win, he didn't play particularly good stuff in the rest of the events. Slessor or Higginson do not look like the kind of bets that I'll be interested in right now and so Kleckers may be worth a small punt for a bit of value. 

In the other group, Jiankang and Cahill both also looks worthy of a shout. You certainly can't be having Jiankang at 20/1. That's just barmy. He is a good player and the good thing about Cahill and indeed Kleckers is they have playing time from Q-School already, this season.

1pt Kleckers to win Group 23 10/1 bet365
---------------------------------------------------
1pt Cahill to win Group 3 10/1 bet365
0.5pts Jiankang to win Group 3 20/1 bet365

18 hours ago, charliepie said:

Thanks, wish they'd take the summer off like they used to!

tell me about it. Hate the layout at the moment with the snooker. 2 more groups today but there isn't a whole lot of value unfortunately. One looks a two horse race between Jak Jones and Gary Wilson and the other looks like a Mark Williams win. I'll chuck a tiny half point on Pagett, who looked decent when he lost at the Worlds to Un-Nooh. He hit 3 centuries that day and if he beats Hang and Williams cant be bothered then you never know at 25/1.

0.5pts Pagett to win Group 5 25/1 

Could have been so different for Pagett. Beat McLeod with ease, led Hang 1-0. Anyways, another couple of groups today. I think Jimmy Robertson looks a good thing in his group and only really has Un-Nooh to worry about. He has a good record against Un-Nooh. In the other group though, I think it's worth taking on Maguire, who doesn't tend to care about this event much. I'll give Jiahui a punt at 10/3.

1.5pts Jiahui to win Group 21 10/3 bet365
0.5pts double Jiahui Group 21 / Robertson Group 22 12/1 bet365

5 hours ago, amity said:

Unfortunately Bet365 didn't pay out for me, as it seems Maguire pipped Juahui even though they finished on the same points. ?

Ah can't believe it. I posted that without checking my balance as I didn't think maguire could win. That sucks :(

final day of Championship League today until Monday. We have some European Masters qualification matches over the weekend, too. Group 25 doesn't really interest me today. Normally, I would be taking Pang Junxu to win a group like that but he is priced up at worse than 2/1 and that's no value when you look at his recent form. Day will probably take that group and even if he doesn't, I'm not sure it's worth a bet.

The other group is likely to be won by Ali Carter. He is pretty consistent and was hitting a bit of form last season at the back end. The only bit of value that I can see is possible Wu Yize  nicking the group but I'm not sure 4/1 is big enough to win Group 17. I like the fact though that Yize plays Carter last and so if he can win the opening 2 matches then atleast you'd hope he gives us a run for our money.

1pt Yize to win Group 17 4/1 bet365