** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SIR PUNTALOT KO CUP FINAL - Deadline Saturday 2pm

1.55 Ches Silencer 0.5 ew at 8/11 with Betvictor

2.48 Win Miami Girl 1 pt win at 1/2 with Betvictor

4.38 Nc Boosala 0.5 ew at 7/4 with BetVictor

Res 1 3.45 Curr Tuesday 0.5 ew at 15/8 with Betfair

Res 2 5.20 Ches Baileys Derbyday 0.5 ew at 9/4 with Betvictor

Res 3 5.05 Win Whats In The Bag 0.5 ew at 5/6 with Bet 365

Very best wishes to @In Play Race ReaderI hope that he is a braver man than me and scoops a winner at good odds

Hmmm? I can' help to wonder what priced selections you would have made Michael @MCLARKEin the KO cup final?  This is not an easy comp to win and taking on the likes of @sirspreadis no easy pushover.  Personally, I feel good to win the odd prize if only because I am so often accused of being "next to useless" on the forum.  I admit that this is mainly because I chop and change strategies in my mission to eventually find something that works.  Saturday was a very difficult day for finding decent odds against selections IMO.  I was even duped into believing that Aiden O'Brien had the right horse in the Irish Derby, despite Westover being declared as Timeform's top star-rated selection of the day.  To be honest, I felt that @In Play Race Reader's selection Aleezdancer ran a better race than Boosala which was favourite in the same race despite it finishing in front.  Shocking run from the Tom Marquand runner that was backed into 11/8.   

Very well done to @In Play Race Readerin trying to find competitively priced winners on what I believe was a difficult day

Edited by The Equaliser

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Hmmm? I can' help to wonder what priced selections you would have made Michael @MCLARKEin the KO cup final?  This is not an easy comp to win and taking on the likes of @sirspreadis no easy pushover. 

It wasn't a criticism, having selected a 1/33 chance in the naps competition I would not consider myself to be an extravagant gambler !

50 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Not sure of the merits of this competition when you can back 8/11 ew not sure what the answer is to be honest but maybe negative returns being classed as a loser is one suggestion.

The merits are trying to win the competition based upon the rules.  I am never opposed to changes in the rules. But I guess you have as much chance of that as the Tory 1922 Committee amending their rules to have frequent "no confidence" votes in their leader.  And all this just because they don't like the results based upon the current rules ?   

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

The merits are trying to win the competition based upon the rules.  I am never opposed to changes in the rules. But I guess you have as much chance of that as the Tory 1922 Committee amending their rules to have frequent "no confidence" votes in their leader.  And all this just because they don't like the results based upon the current rules ?   

cant and wont argue against your strategy, it worked. i have no problem with you or anyone else winning it using ur strategy, It was an observation and opinion about the comp going forward. not sure what its got to do with the tories and politics to be honest.

41 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

cant and wont argue against your strategy, it worked. i have no problem with you or anyone else winning it using ur strategy, It was an observation and opinion about the comp going forward. not sure what its got to do with the tories and politics to be honest.

I never want to argue with you again, you are a good man.  I have tried on many occasions to get the rules changed without any success.  My reference to politics was just a simile.  

Wish me luck in the 9.00 at Mussleburgh?