** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 16th June (Royal Ascot Day 3)

Ascot 2.30
A small but select field of eleven two year olds go to post for the group 2 Norfolk Stakes run over the minimum trip. The Antarctic is the current favourite hailing from the Aidan O’Brien stable and is unbeaten following victories at Tipperary and Naas. He doesn’t warrant being as short as he currently is in my opinion and I’ll be taking him on with the David Loughnane runner Walbank. He bumped into one on his debut run at Ascot before landing the odds in effortless style at York in May. Rossa Ryan rides for his employers Amo Racing and he looks sure to run a mighty race. The only filly in the race is Pillow Talk who won the Marygate at York in May and holds ew claims.

WALBANK 2 points win 9/4 bet365

Ascot 3.05
A maximum field of 19 assemble for the King George V Handicap for three year olds run over 12F. Many hold chances none more so than the John and Thady Gosden trained Israr who took the London Cup last time at Newbury and with his dam being the Oaks & King George winner Taghrooda will relish the step up to a mile and a half. He’s my main bet here. Plenty of others come here with progressive profiles like the Godolphin runner Secret State and the Aidan O’Brien challenger Newfoundland who is a full brother to the stables Oaks winner Snowfall. The best outsider and worth a small each way saver is the Sean Woods trained Savvy Knight who comes here unbeaten in his three runs and with the Woods team in such good form (4 wins from his last 10 runners) may outrun his big odds.

ISRAR 2 points each way 8/1 bet365 1/5th 12345
SAVVY KNIGHT 1/2 point each way 20/1 bet365 1/5th 12345

Ascot 3.40
A disappointing turn out of just six go to post for the 1m 4F Ribblesdale Stakes following the defection of Oaks runner up Emily Upjohn. William Haggas saddles the likely favourite in Sea Silk Road who comes here on the back of wins at Nottingham and a listed contest at Goodwood. The form of her latest win has however not really worked out with the runner up beaten in a Newbury maiden at odds on and the third also turned over since. At 7/4 she hardly represents value and I’ll be looking elsewhere for the likely winner. Aidan O’Brien’s History is an interesting runner stepping up half a mile and shouldn’t be discounted. The Godolphin runner Life Of Dreams bumped into Emily Upjohn in the Musidora although I’m not sure rattling fast ground is ideal for her. Outsider Mystic Wells is hard to fancy and that leaves just Mukaddamah and the Irish challenger Magical Lagoon trained by Jessie Harrington. She’s officially rated the best in the field and would just about get my vote.

MAGICAL LAGOON 1 point win 10/3 bet365

Ascot 4.20
A vintage renewal of the Ascot Gold Cup with Stradivarius very much the star attraction going for a fourth victory in the race. He has his ground and although he may not be the horse he once was he certainly looked good at York 34 days ago when winning on his re-appearance. The young pretender looking to try and steal his crown is the four year old Kyprios from the Aidan O’Brien stable. He had an easy task when pulling well clear of his three rivals at Leopardstown last time and although he shapes like a stayer he has yet to race beyond 1m 6F and has an extra 3/4 mile to race here. At around 7/4 I want to be sure he’ll stay so at the prices I’ll be against him. Trueshan has to be considered doubtful as he need much softer ground whilst last years runner up Princess Zoe has 5L to find with Stradivarius. Last year’s Derby and St Leger runner up Mojo Star is stepping up in trip and has an absence to overcome but has the class to run well and I’ll have a small each way wager on him with my main bet on Stradivarius to bring the house down for Thady and John Gosden and obviously that man Frankie Dettori.

STRADIVARIUS 2 points win 11/4 Unibet
MOJO STAR 1/2 point each way 16/1 bet365 1/5th 123

Ascot 5.00
A maximum field of thirty spread across the course go to post for the one mile Britannia Handicap for three year olds only. Godolphin run two in Tranquil Star who won at the Craven meeting in a handicap that’s worked out well and King Of Time who’s unbeaten and is the pick of William Buick. I prefer the former with James Doyle on board. As always in this contest there’s plenty of lightly raced possible improvers none more so than my pick Whoputfiftyinyou trained by Clive Cox who comes here unbeaten having won the Haydock Silver Bowl last time from Mighty Ulysses (beaten under a length in a group one since) with last weekend’s Chester winner Outgate back in third. That’s very good form and he has to be the bet from stall 28. I also can’t resist a small ew saver on the Andrew Balding trained Koy Koy who was last seen when runner up to the progressive winner Outgate at Chester’s May meeting over 7F and the extra furlong may unlock some more improvement.

KOY KOY 1/2 point each way 25/1 Boylesports 1/5th 12345
WHOPUTFIFTYINYOU 1 1/2 points each way 7/1 bet365 1/4 1234

Ascot 5.35
Only six go to post for the group 3 Hampton Court Stakes and surely it’ll be hats off to the Queen! Her representative here Reach For The Moon teed up for this with a fine second in the Heron Stakes to My Prospero who finished a fine third in the St James Palace on Tuesday. The step up two furlongs looks ideal and he’ll be hard to beat with Frankie Dettori riding for the Gosden’s. He’s officially rated 6lb and more better than his opponents the best of which may well be Claymore who finished runner up in the Craven back in April but totally bombed out in the French 2000 Guineas since and may find this ground too fast. This is all about Reach For The Moon and I expect him to win well.

Ascot 6.10
Yet another competitive handicap to finish the day off. A maximum field of 29 go to post for the Kensington Palace Handicap. Charlie Appleby saddles an intriguing runner in Silent Film who was last seen winning a valuable handicap in Bahrain in February. He’s done some good work recently apparently although he has been raised 11lb for that win. Kevin Phillppart De Foy is a young trainer going places and secured his biggest success to date when his Vafortino won the Victoria Cup over course and distance in May. A 5lb rise may not stop him being competitive today. The one I do like though is the unbeaten William Haggas four year old Montassib who bolted up last time at Goodwood and has being raised 10lb but looks highly progressive and has to be the pick here with a small saver on the Godolphin runner Silent Film.

MONTASSIB 2 points each way 6/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 123456
SILENT FILM 1 point each way 10/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 123456

New horse treble
1440 Chelmsford:  4 Fine China      5/1 William Hill
1720 Lingfield: 8 Kinta       6/5 Paddy Power
2020 Leopardstown: 8 Petram       10/1 Paddy Power

Ffos Las
1800 2 Court Royale      6/1 Bet365
1910 2 Wasdell Dundalk   9/4 Bet365
1940 3 Watergrange Jack   9/4 Bet365

Ripon
1345 2 Calcutta Dream   9/4 Bet365
1640 3 Highjacked   5/1 William Hill

6.10 Ascot  three e/w for me.

Irish raider FASTNET CROWN  20/1  7places bog  should give a good account of itself  her of what a decent mark if he runs up to his cambridgeshire run last Sept  he  shouldn't be too far away. Not much money around for it at present so any luck will drift a bit in the betting.

OUZO  25/1 7p bog has moved to  the  Osborne yard  in May  has had one run a decent one at that  and can hopefully build on that..

Can't not back  MUMS TIPPLE 66/1  6 place bog her run lto wasn't that bad imho as  she reared at the start  3lbs less plus 7lb claimer  66/1 seem ridiculously  big in my world.

Good Luck All

Edited by Tedthewolf

8 selections today in 0.10 EW doubles and trebles

(A) 3.50 Chlm No.8 4/1, 6.25 Lin No.2 4/1, 7.0 Lin No.6 5/2 and 6.50 Leop No. 2 9/2 = dbles 15.24 Trebles 43.85

(B) 3.15 Chlm No. 1 6/1, 4.40 Rip No. 8 4/1, 6.00 Ffos No. 3 5/1 and 7.20 Leop No. 16 4/1 = Dbles 21.96 Trebles 77.43

Top 1 - 4 :   7.00 Lin No. 6 5/2, 3.50 Chlm No 1 4/1, 6.00 Ffos No. 8 4/1 and 4.40 Rip No. 8 4/1 = Dbles 16.38 Trebles 49.11

3 x 2. = 6 pts staked

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No good so far.   I'll have 1.20 pts on Innamorare at 6.4 in the 7.20 Leop for a 6.35 profit

Edited by The Equaliser

1 hour ago, calva decoy said:

Lend me your darts ???

Can no one find a long-shot in your eyes. You are always suggesting that it MUST be blind luck if someone picks a winner at decent odds. This is not the first time you've made a darts reference to a long shot winner. They are not as easy to find, but they are there if you work out the puzzle and it's more fun.

5 minutes ago, LeMale said:

Can no one find a long-shot in your eyes. You are always suggesting that it MUST be blind luck if someone picks a winner at decent odds. This is not the first time you've made a darts reference to a long shot winner. They are not as easy to find, but they are there if you work out the puzzle and it's more fun.

A bit of fun comment mate , I should have put a smiley emoji on them & if you look in the comp you'll see I've gave them likes , anyone finding long shots then fair play to them ?

On 6/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, The Brigadier said:
Ascot 2.30
A small but select field of eleven two year olds go to post for the group 2 Norfolk Stakes run over the minimum trip. The Antarctic is the current favourite hailing from the Aidan O’Brien stable and is unbeaten following victories at Tipperary and Naas. He doesn’t warrant being as short as he currently is in my opinion and I’ll be taking him on with the David Loughnane runner Walbank. He bumped into one on his debut run at Ascot before landing the odds in effortless style at York in May. Rossa Ryan rides for his employers Amo Racing and he looks sure to run a mighty race. The only filly in the race is Pillow Talk who won the Marygate at York in May and holds ew claims.

WALBANK 2 points win 9/4 bet365

Ascot 3.05
A maximum field of 19 assemble for the King George V Handicap for three year olds run over 12F. Many hold chances none more so than the John and Thady Gosden trained Israr who took the London Cup last time at Newbury and with his dam being the Oaks & King George winner Taghrooda will relish the step up to a mile and a half. He’s my main bet here. Plenty of others come here with progressive profiles like the Godolphin runner Secret State and the Aidan O’Brien challenger Newfoundland who is a full brother to the stables Oaks winner Snowfall. The best outsider and worth a small each way saver is the Sean Woods trained Savvy Knight who comes here unbeaten in his three runs and with the Woods team in such good form (4 wins from his last 10 runners) may outrun his big odds.

ISRAR 2 points each way 8/1 bet365 1/5th 12345
SAVVY KNIGHT 1/2 point each way 20/1 bet365 1/5th 12345

Ascot 3.40
A disappointing turn out of just six go to post for the 1m 4F Ribblesdale Stakes following the defection of Oaks runner up Emily Upjohn. William Haggas saddles the likely favourite in Sea Silk Road who comes here on the back of wins at Nottingham and a listed contest at Goodwood. The form of her latest win has however not really worked out with the runner up beaten in a Newbury maiden at odds on and the third also turned over since. At 7/4 she hardly represents value and I’ll be looking elsewhere for the likely winner. Aidan O’Brien’s History is an interesting runner stepping up half a mile and shouldn’t be discounted. The Godolphin runner Life Of Dreams bumped into Emily Upjohn in the Musidora although I’m not sure rattling fast ground is ideal for her. Outsider Mystic Wells is hard to fancy and that leaves just Mukaddamah and the Irish challenger Magical Lagoon trained by Jessie Harrington. She’s officially rated the best in the field and would just about get my vote.

MAGICAL LAGOON 1 point win 10/3 bet365

Ascot 4.20
A vintage renewal of the Ascot Gold Cup with Stradivarius very much the star attraction going for a fourth victory in the race. He has his ground and although he may not be the horse he once was he certainly looked good at York 34 days ago when winning on his re-appearance. The young pretender looking to try and steal his crown is the four year old Kyprios from the Aidan O’Brien stable. He had an easy task when pulling well clear of his three rivals at Leopardstown last time and although he shapes like a stayer he has yet to race beyond 1m 6F and has an extra 3/4 mile to race here. At around 7/4 I want to be sure he’ll stay so at the prices I’ll be against him. Trueshan has to be considered doubtful as he need much softer ground whilst last years runner up Princess Zoe has 5L to find with Stradivarius. Last year’s Derby and St Leger runner up Mojo Star is stepping up in trip and has an absence to overcome but has the class to run well and I’ll have a small each way wager on him with my main bet on Stradivarius to bring the house down for Thady and John Gosden and obviously that man Frankie Dettori.

STRADIVARIUS 2 points win 11/4 Unibet
MOJO STAR 1/2 point each way 16/1 bet365 1/5th 123

Ascot 5.00
A maximum field of thirty spread across the course go to post for the one mile Britannia Handicap for three year olds only. Godolphin run two in Tranquil Star who won at the Craven meeting in a handicap that’s worked out well and King Of Time who’s unbeaten and is the pick of William Buick. I prefer the former with James Doyle on board. As always in this contest there’s plenty of lightly raced possible improvers none more so than my pick Whoputfiftyinyou trained by Clive Cox who comes here unbeaten having won the Haydock Silver Bowl last time from Mighty Ulysses (beaten under a length in a group one since) with last weekend’s Chester winner Outgate back in third. That’s very good form and he has to be the bet from stall 28. I also can’t resist a small ew saver on the Andrew Balding trained Koy Koy who was last seen when runner up to the progressive winner Outgate at Chester’s May meeting over 7F and the extra furlong may unlock some more improvement.

KOY KOY 1/2 point each way 25/1 Boylesports 1/5th 12345
WHOPUTFIFTYINYOU 1 1/2 points each way 7/1 bet365 1/4 1234

Ascot 5.35
Only six go to post for the group 3 Hampton Court Stakes and surely it’ll be hats off to the Queen! Her representative here Reach For The Moon teed up for this with a fine second in the Heron Stakes to My Prospero who finished a fine third in the St James Palace on Tuesday. The step up two furlongs looks ideal and he’ll be hard to beat with Frankie Dettori riding for the Gosden’s. He’s officially rated 6lb and more better than his opponents the best of which may well be Claymore who finished runner up in the Craven back in April but totally bombed out in the French 2000 Guineas since and may find this ground too fast. This is all about Reach For The Moon and I expect him to win well.

Ascot 6.10
Yet another competitive handicap to finish the day off. A maximum field of 29 go to post for the Kensington Palace Handicap. Charlie Appleby saddles an intriguing runner in Silent Film who was last seen winning a valuable handicap in Bahrain in February. He’s done some good work recently apparently although he has been raised 11lb for that win. Kevin Phillppart De Foy is a young trainer going places and secured his biggest success to date when his Vafortino won the Victoria Cup over course and distance in May. A 5lb rise may not stop him being competitive today. The one I do like though is the unbeaten William Haggas four year old Montassib who bolted up last time at Goodwood and has being raised 10lb but looks highly progressive and has to be the pick here with a small saver on the Godolphin runner Silent Film.

MONTASSIB 2 points each way 6/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 123456
SILENT FILM 1 point each way 10/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 123456

Frustrating but winning day (2.65 points) with one winner and five places. 

Another nosedive day. 

Going by the commentary my horse finished up finishing at Ripon racecourse after that 50/1 smashed it to Smithereens at first race at Ascot.  Was placed 4th, moneyback was 3rd. 

Had ew 6 places, my horse, 7th.

And last race commentary said all have started off about evens, apart from Montasib, lol. 

See what tomorrow brings. 

Edited by fd1972uk