** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - June 6 - June 12

Can you filter for British players on grass as underdogs? I'd have thought they would have generated a profit, but perhaps that's a bias on my part. Your tables are really interesting to answer questions like that. :ok

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

Can you filter for British players on grass as underdogs? I'd have thought they would have generated a profit, but perhaps that's a bias on my part. Your tables are really interesting to answer questions like that. :ok

Can't do British players together.  Can only search individual players. 

Few little stats for the Watson v Golubic match just starting. 

Watson underdog stats are above of course as we discussed earlier. 

Watson when losing first set? (any odds)?  3-19 on grass, not many comebacks happening. 

Golubic when losing the first set, any odds? 3-15on grass, not many comebacks from her either. 

Golubic on grass when fave? 14-9

I went deeper as lots of wins seemed to be very low odds. 

Golubic on grass between 1.4 - 1.95? 3-6, not good. 

Watson has lost 5 of the last 6 matches against Top 100 ranked players. 

8 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Ajla Tomljanovic to beat Katie Boulter at 1.58 with Pinnacle

Another straightforward bet from me for tomorrow, just don't see the appeal of Boulter, the hype is still there to a degree, but she's not playing as well as before and her most recent results suggest just as much.

Boulter is 1-5 on grass against the current top 50. And that win was against Alexandrova in 2018 when she was ranked #104.

I'm treading carefully this week due to the change in surface and also the bad weather - thanks @CzechPunter for the heads up - which in my experience can play havoc with results as some players seem to me to get fed up with all the waiting and so write-off the week with an early loss, or else can't deal with the disruption and that affects their game in a negative way.

That said, there's a boosted acca that looks worth taking to me. It's four favourites that all do well on the grass and that's FAA, Hubert, Khachanov and Kyrgios. FAA has a good record in this part of the season before Wimbledon and although his opponent Griekspoor is at home, I'm not convinced he enjoys this surface and a tight win over Bedene in the last round doesn't inspire confidence. Hubert looks to have the toughest assignment against Fucsovics, particularly as he has a losing record against him although they've never met on grass. However, Fucsovics wasn't great in the last round and Hubert clicked into gear at Wimbledon last year and so should be able to get the win with his new-found confidence on the surface. Khachanov should be able to get through against Majchrzak due to his better grass pedigree and the fact that his game suits the surface so well, and Kyrgios should be far too good for Basilashvili. I think he'll be up for this match and will want to do well in these next few weeks before possibly heading back into hibernation.

10pts Auger-Aliassime (vs. Griekspoor) x Hurkacz (vs. Fucsovics) x Khachanov (vs. Majchrzak) x Kyrgios (vs. Basilashvili) @ 3.57 365

WTA Hertogenbosch - Backing Rybakina  to beat Rogers @1.45 with Betfair

Big serve, loads of power, grass court. All ends up being too much for Rogers who doesn't move well. Rogers does get some good results, but she also loses against some she should beat and I can't see her getting near Rybakina today. 

Last year during the grass court swing, Rybakina lost to Muguruza, Ostapenko and Sabalenka. She gets out hit basically. That won't be happening with Rogers today. 

4 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm treading carefully this week due to the change in surface and also the bad weather - thanks @CzechPunter for the heads up - which in my experience can play havoc with results as some players seem to me to get fed up with all the waiting and so write-off the week with an early loss, or else can't deal with the disruption and that affects their game in a negative way.

That said, there's a boosted acca that looks worth taking to me. It's four favourites that all do well on the grass and that's FAA, Hubert, Khachanov and Kyrgios. FAA has a good record in this part of the season before Wimbledon and although his opponent Griekspoor is at home, I'm not convinced he enjoys this surface and a tight win over Bedene in the last round doesn't inspire confidence. Hubert looks to have the toughest assignment against Fucsovics, particularly as he has a losing record against him although they've never met on grass. However, Fucsovics wasn't great in the last round and Hubert clicked into gear at Wimbledon last year and so should be able to get the win with his new-found confidence on the surface. Khachanov should be able to get through against Majchrzak due to his better grass pedigree and the fact that his game suits the surface so well, and Kyrgios should be far too good for Basilashvili. I think he'll be up for this match and will want to do well in these next few weeks before possibly heading back into hibernation.

10pts Auger-Aliassime (vs. Griekspoor) x Hurkacz (vs. Fucsovics) x Khachanov (vs. Majchrzak) x Kyrgios (vs. Basilashvili) @ 3.57 365

Acca goes down with Hubert. He looked like he hadn't played on grass for a year. With hindsight, Fucsovics already playing a match in the conditions was an advantage.

Julia Grabher (+4.5) to beat Nuria Parrizas-Diaz at 1.87 with Pinnacle

NPD is choking awfully in this tournament for some reason, perhaps it's the fact that she's playing in home conditions, hard to say, but she wasn't holding it together well yesterday and had to play almost to the midnight local time despite facing a weaker opponent and despite having a massive lead in the second. +4.5 on Grabher looks appealing.

WTA Nottingham Backing Zhang to beat Martincova @2.28 on Betfair

Zhang a level above Martincova long term but getting older now so level not as high. Martincova just hasn't lit the tour alight, with some good results along the way though. 

Martincova not in great form but has played well here for two matches, serving well. Zhang not been doing well on the clay but she also likes the faster surface. 

Both will be aggressive, Martincova's fitness can let her down in longer rallies but that might not be a factor on grass. Overall I think it's a 50/50 match so taking Zhang here at odds against. 

Edit: Zhang also finished runner up last year here, losing to Konta in the final. 

Edited by Tennis Picks
More info

Natalija Stevanovic to beat Leolia Jeanjean at 2.19 with Pinnacle

Jeanjean's stock is still running high after that surprising French Open run, but she has no experience on grass and her first match on the surface was rather one-sided. True, this will be a drop in terms of quality, but Stevanovic is 4-1 on grass this year, having also beaten two very solid opponents in Gadecki and Dart, both of which I rate above Jeanjean on grass.