** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - July 11 - July 17

• 1 month later...

Being inspired by the many great posters on here, going to have a play focusing on outsiders/underdogs and mainly focusing on Round 1 matches.

Lausanne WTA:

Lauren Davis 2.75

Ylena In-Albon 4.50

Budapest WTA:

Aleksandra Krunic 2.30

Jesika Maleckova 5.00

Anna Karolina Schmiedlova 3.50

Prices Bet365

17 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Tennis never dies down after a Grand Slam, and there's even the grass court tournament in Newport, which usually throws in a couple of curveballs! Good luck!

Czech is right about newport throwing curveballs as far as winners.Any tourney where rajeev Ram has won it twice anything is possible.

Bonzi for me looks like best value if you would like to take a longshot bet.Has a manageable draw.Very impressive field for this for only a 250 and youre getting quite alot of value in not taking a big name.

any insight on Kubler - Thompson on Newport grass ? 

Kubler had a very decent run at Wimbledon winning 3 quali matches and the 3 next matches, but on the other side Thompson has the more experience and better record on grass.

32 minutes ago, 888888 said:

any insight on Kubler - Thompson on Newport grass ? 

Kubler had a very decent run at Wimbledon winning 3 quali matches and the 3 next matches, but on the other side Thompson has the more experience and better record on grass.

My first thought was it's a toss-up, and that's what the odds are suggesting. I'm leaving it alone but given Kubler's return to form he might push Thompson so maybe overs on games or sets is the bet to take.

Feliciano Lopez to beat Jiri Vesely at 3.98 with Pinnaclesports

I think Feliciano wants to try a bit harder here as it might be his last time taking to court on grass so for tomorrow I'll have a medium stake on Feliciano.

Feliciano Lopez to beat (+3.0 games) Jiri Vesely at 2.02 with Pinnaclesports

Not impossible this one by the looks of Jiri in SW19. Feli might even knick it outright.

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

My first bet will be Peter Gojowczyk to beat John Isner at ? (haven't checked out any odds yet)

Big John haven't always succeeded well here in Newport and the way he looked in SW19 was horrible to watch and I think Peter definitely can give him a scare.

Gojowczyk has a decent shot at winning I agree, but I don't think he was horrible to watch at Wimbledon. I'd say the opposite in fact. He played about as well as could be expected.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

Gojowczyk has a decent shot at winning I agree, but I don't think he was horrible to watch at Wimbledon. I'd say the opposite in fact. He played about as well as could be expected.

Well I'd still say we'll get a good price on Gojowczyk on wednesday as well as a good shot at nicking some profif.

On 7/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, matrixman said:

Lopezs most likely last grass court event ever at newport.My has he fallen on the green stuff in recent years.Hes 100-1 to win it..

Baez at 20-1 to win the swedish tourney is quite good odds.Worth a bet for sure..

He sure aint gonna win it as I struggle to find any motivation to bet on him to win in Newport when down at 252 in ranking and 40 years old soon to be 41 i think. Lopez won his last tournament in Queens 2019 when he really put in the hard work to probably win his last big title on any surface.

Edited by four-leaf

I agree with both Lopez and Gojowczyk being worth a shot at those overinflated prices. Vesely is always a liability these days, he blows hot and cold, while Isner...well, he's more or less the same, honestly, can focus and get things done, but any break and the set can very well be over.

Yeesh lopez flamed out.Both him and verdasco should do one last photo shoot together and ride off into the sunset.

Bonzi was dicey saving those break points.Hopefully that builds confidence today and he takes care of eubanks.

Looking at today in newport 5 out of Duckworths last 6 have gone over the total on grass.Hes more than capable of winning today and so is halys who decent as well on grass.Could see a breaker or two IMO and the over seems like a good play at 23.5 or 24 depending where you get it.Also a bet on tiebreak in match at over 0.5 at -120

And I agree on GOJO today from the other poster.Good luck!

Tough? I see nothing tough today. Easy wins in Swedish open with both Baez and Cerundolo rockin' it and I'd like to turn my attention to Rome, USA where we will see Ben Shelton taking on Uchiyama and Yibing Wu taking on J.P. Ficovich who's in stellar form.

My bets are as follows:  J.P. Ficovich to beat Yibing Wu at 3.35 with Unibet

No idea what the bookies are thinking here really. Ficovich is in stellar form while Yibing just don't cut it for me. Don't see how he can be such a favourite here.

50 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Tough? I see nothing tough today. Easy wins in Swedish open with both Baez and Cerundolo rockin' it and I'd like to turn my attention to Rome, USA where we will see Ben Shelton taking on Uchiyama and Yibing Wu taking on J.P. Ficovich who's in stellar form.

My bets are as follows:  J.P. Ficovich to beat Yibing Wu at 3.35 with Unibet

No idea what the bookies are thinking here really. Ficovich is in stellar form while Yibing just don't cut it for me. Don't see how he can be such a favourite here.

They're both in stellar form. That's what they're probably thinking.