** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - June 13 - June 19

WTA Berlin: Pliskova to beat Gauff @2.6 with Betfair

Pliskova not been in great form but has been serving well this week. Might be time for her to get in form just before Wimbledon. I will have a go at this price, I think it's slightly too high. Gauff has been on a great run, but has had two easy matches on grass where she was strong fave. This will be a bit trickier for her. 

19 minutes ago, Smiles Tennis said:

WTA Berlin: Pliskova to beat Gauff @2.6 with Betfair

Pliskova not been in great form but has been serving well this week. Might be time for her to get in form just before Wimbledon. I will have a go at this price, I think it's slightly too high. Gauff has been on a great run, but has had two easy matches on grass where she was strong fave. This will be a bit trickier for her. 

I like this one but I'm on Gauff in a big acca I placed this morningwith a low stake. Might change my mind but I can't cash-out so will take Pliskova as a single.

14 hours ago, amity said:

Watched some of the tennis today and I thought Berretini was pretty unimpressive aside from when his serve was clicking. Kudla probably should have beaten him in two but couldn't take his break points in the second set. On this evidence I wouldn't be expecting Berretini to go deep at Wimbledon. Way too many unforced errors too. 

Querrey was very disappointing I thought, he just doesn't seem to have much of a tennis brain, service aside his all round game was markedly inferior to Krajinovic, who played some good stuff, but was helped by Querrey's ineptitude. Still though the Serb played with confidence and I'd expect him to overcome the young Brit Peniston in the next match. 

Watched Berrettini and Peniston and agree with your points. Kudla is a really good player on grass but I think he lacks belief when it comes to the crunch. He managed to get back on serve in the third set, which I didn't expect, and then the pressure of possibly being able to win kicked in, In consecutive service games he was taken to deuce and of course the second time led to the decisive break. Paul is entirely capable of beating Berrettini if he plays well, despite having played so little on grass.

Pressure also seemed to really affect Peniston from what I saw. Against Ruud, he played really well and hit very few unforced errors and seemed to be playing very freely, which is often the case when you're playing a match you don't expect to win. He'll have known full well against Cerundolo though that he should win and that can be hard to deal with in a strange way, especially when you lack experience as he does. Krajinovic should beat him but the concern with Krajinovic is he's so inconsistent - perhaps the safest play is the game line.

7 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Does anyone stream challenger tennis here but me?

missed this comment... Yesterday I went small.. Didn't want to be very bold, and Czech Punter was right.. the bookies were fairly spot on yesterday.. I trusted his word, and this is reason I don't bet big.. Saves me some money.. I hit big future bet on Golden state Warriors.. So, right now my bankroll is completely flush.. 

as for tomorrow. I am leaning Belinda Bencic because I think she is in form, and a very fierce grasscourt player.. What scares me is that Sakkari seems to be doing well also, and ran through Kasatkina.. I imagined this was more of Kasatkina just not playing usual level because of alot of matches recently. Sakkari leads 2-0, but they haven't played on grass before, and seems like a perfect revenge spot for Belinda Bencic who is battle tested in this tournament. I don't think Kudermetova is an easy opponent to beat, and I'm not sure if she's in form or not, but I do rate Bencic especially on this surface.. I missed both of their matches yesterday.. If anybody saw them or has opinions on it.. Would be helpful. 

I also noticed that Shuai Zhang is playing very well, and thinking this could be a bit safer, because it seems dangerous to go against Sakkari for some reason in my mind.. Bencic had 7 double faults last match. going to be some tough decisions

Ultimately decided with Berretini/Zhang parlay @odds 2.73 with William Hill

I've tried everything under the sun here with some tips, and had a tendency to bet too many big underdogs.. If this ticket actually comes in.. I'm going to try and only suggest parlays from this point forward because I have much better luck with them.. Usually I would either win both legs, or just lose both instead.. The odds increase per win plays well. 

Berretini is just a freight train on grass, and has been for awhile.. I think it was Torque or someone that said he didn't impress them yesterday.. I watched the highlights, and he looks fit, and hitting the ball fine.. This is a very winnable match for him in my opinion.. I think Van De Zandschulp is a tough player to read, but atleast the last win was more about Fokina playing bad, and serving only 49% first serve also.

I'm trying a WTA outright and an ATP match today. The outright is Halep to win in Birmingham. She plays Haddad Maia next, who's in excellent form on the grass having compiled an 8-0 record since last week. However, yesterday she had to finish one match and then play another and those exertions plus the exertions from last week leave open the possibility that she doesn't have much more to give. Halep has made this round as efficiently as could have been expected, having not dropped a set in her three matches so far and she should be most able to win if this goes to three sets which is a possibility given Haddad Maia's form. In the final Halep would play Cirstea or Zhang and I think she beats both of those.

The ATP match I want to look at is Berrettini versus Van De Zandschulp. Berrettini is chalked up as a strong favourite which is fair enough, but Van De Zandschulp has served so well this week and has looked so comfortable playing on grass I wonder if he can give Berrettini a test. The Italian has been flattered a little in the last couple of rounds by a bit of a choke from Kudla and a poor performance from Paul who was really struggling with his footing. If Van De Zandschulp can serve well then we should be looking at tie-breaks here and if he can nick one of those then it's set to be a long match and that might bring into play the blisters that Berrettini has been suffering from.

30pts Halep to win WTA Birmingham @ 1.96 Betfair Exchange

10pts Van De Zandschulp to beat Berretini @ 3.75 365

Edited by Torque

16 minutes ago, money44 said:

Berretini is just a freight train on grass, and has been for awhile.. I think it was Torque or someone that said he didn't impress them yesterday.

I think you're referring to @amity there @money44. I made some comments about Kudla but nothing specifically about Berrettini, but no matter. I can see what you mean about Berrettini as a 'freight train' on grass because when his serve plus one is clicking he's almost impossible to break and that's obviously a very strong foundation from which to win matches on grass. 

50 minutes ago, Torque said:

I'm trying a WTA outright and an ATP match today. The outright is Halep to win in Birmingham. She plays Haddad Maia next, who's in excellent form on the grass having compiled an 8-0 record since last week. However, yesterday she had to finish one match and then play another and those exertions plus the exertions from last week leave open the possibility that she doesn't have much more to give. Halep has made this round as efficiently as could have been expected, having not dropped a set in her three matches so far and she should be most able to win if this goes to three sets which is a possibility given Haddad Maia's form. In the final Halep would play Cirstea or Zhang and I think she beats both of those.

The ATP match I want to look at is Berrettini versus Van De Zandschulp. Berrettini is chalked up as a strong favourite which is fair enough, but Van De Zandschulp has served so well this week and has looked so comfortable playing on grass I wonder if he can give Berrettini a test. The Italian has been flattered a little in the last couple of rounds by a bit of a choke from Kudla and a poor performance from Paul who was really struggling with his footing. If Van De Zandschulp can serve well then we should be looking at tie-breaks here and if he can nick one of those then it's set to be a long match and that might bring into play the blisters that Berrettini has been suffering from.

30pts Halep to win WTA Birmingham @ 1.96 Betfair Exchange

10pts Van De Zandschulp to beat Berretini @ 3.75 365

well I had no idea Berretini is suffering from blisters but fair play.. I've been out of the loop, and I imagine one of these might cash for you!

I don't know why Krajinovic is 4/1 today at queens club. He's playing well, confidently, and really enjoying himself on the grass for the first time in his career. He hasn't made any waves in a long time, and it looks like he's getting a bit of support in the crowd here also. I see Cilic as a frontrunner, but if he gets down in the match.. Krajinovic can be steady from the back of the court.  

I have Krajinovic lined @+250 maximum, and think this is just an inflated price. 

*Also, don't be surprised if you see a really motivated player who is seeking his first final on outdoor court other than clay, and in search of his first Atp title, which seems possible in my mind.

Edited by money44
info add

9 hours ago, money44 said:

I don't know why Krajinovic is 4/1 today at queens club. He's playing well, confidently, and really enjoying himself on the grass for the first time in his career. He hasn't made any waves in a long time, and it looks like he's getting a bit of support in the crowd here also. I see Cilic as a frontrunner, but if he gets down in the match.. Krajinovic can be steady from the back of the court.  

I have Krajinovic lined @+250 maximum, and think this is just an inflated price. 

*Also, don't be surprised if you see a really motivated player who is seeking his first final on outdoor court other than clay, and in search of his first Atp title, which seems possible in my mind.

Nice pick @money44:ok

This question asking the entire forum. How are you guys feeling about Krajinovic's chances at Queens Club today vs Berretini in the final. I'm seeing it as a razor close match again similar to yesterday's line. 

Pro's for Berretini: Much Better history on grass, higher ranked, better athlete, bigger serve, appears very motivated. Has a little more crowd support

Negative's for Berretini: He wasn't serving at the best level I've seen yesterday. This feels like a hampered Berretini playing at 92%.. more sluggish movement than normal

Pro's for Krajinovic: Seems more consistent, better shotmaking from the baseline(grass). Return of serve edge. Has a quiet confidence where moment doesn't seem too big. slicing the ball well off both wings. 

Negative's for Krajinovic: I haven't found any. @CzechPunter@Torque@four-leaf@amity

@Smiles Tennis

Edited by money44
tag add

3 hours ago, money44 said:

This question asking the entire forum. How are you guys feeling about Krajinovic's chances at Queens Club today vs Berretini in the final. I'm seeing it as a razor close match again similar to yesterday's line. 

Pro's for Berretini: Much Better history on grass, higher ranked, better athlete, bigger serve, appears very motivated. Has a little more crowd support

Negative's for Berretini: He wasn't serving at the best level I've seen yesterday. This feels like a hampered Berretini playing at 92%.. more sluggish movement than normal

Pro's for Krajinovic: Seems more consistent, better shotmaking from the baseline(grass). Return of serve edge. Has a quiet confidence where moment doesn't seem too big. slicing the ball well off both wings. 

Negative's for Krajinovic: I haven't found any. @CzechPunter@Torque@four-leaf@amity

@Smiles Tennis

Highly likely to be a close match. +3.5 Krajinovic for me.

Filip Krajinovic to beat (+3.5 games) Matteo Berrettini at 2.38 with

I think this could be a good proposition. Enough has been said about it and it's time for Matteo to have it tough.

Ons Jabeur to beat Belinda Bencic at 1.60 with

Trust me @money44Ons is on a mission this week.

Double acca at totalt odds: 3.81 with Noaccountbet

we'll see four-leaf.. I'm far more confident in Bencic winning than Krajinovic. I could see you backing Jabeur @2.0 or better, but this risk isn't worth the investment if your bookie is only giving you 1.6. Bencic is playing extremely well, and this is more of a home match for her than Jabeur.  I think she will find Ons backhand, and cause some problems there. 

3 hours ago, money44 said:

we'll see four-leaf.. I'm far more confident in Bencic winning than Krajinovic. I could see you backing Jabeur @2.0 or better, but this risk isn't worth the investment if your bookie is only giving you 1.6. Bencic is playing extremely well, and this is more of a home match for her than Jabeur.  I think she will find Ons backhand, and cause some problems there. 

Then you wait for livebetting on Ons and see if it gets any better. Ons plays lights out tennis.

7 hours ago, money44 said:

@Smiles Tennis

I'm a bit late but one negative is Krajinovic has never won a title.

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

On serve in the first set after an exchange of breaks and this looks like it's going to be close. Tie-breaks looking likely. Whatever the plus games line on Krajinovic was looks likely to land.

Well I jinxed that. Krajinovic coughs up his serve so Berrettini serves for the first set. This time I don't see Krajinovic breaking back.

So another week comes to an end and it was a poor week from me where I lost about 50 points, finished off with Botic underwhelming against Berrettini and Halep failing to even make the final in Birmingham. I was a little unlucky with Halep though, as one of the reasons I backed her was her opponent in the semi-final might have been fatigued after a busy couple of weeks, but after rain washed out a day's play that angle became largely redundant.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

So another week comes to an end and it was a poor week from me where I lost about 50 points, finished off with Botic underwhelming against Berrettini and Halep failing to even make the final in Birmingham. I was a little unlucky with Halep though, as one of the reasons I backed her was her opponent in the semi-final might have been fatigued after a busy couple of weeks, but after rain washed out a day's play that angle became largely redundant.

That's something you have to take into account