** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Memorial Tournament

harry_rag

Cameron Young 35/1 - A rookie who is  improving all the time, has had 5 top 3 finishes this season.

Xander Schaufele 20/1 - Likes the course with 3 straight top 13 finishes and it looks like he is coming back into form with 13th in the PGA and 5th in the Byron Nelson.

Hideki Matsuyama 28/1 - Multiple winner this season and his record here is good won in 2014, 13th in 2018 and 6th in 2019.

Yep, Ill up my bets tomorrow, this and Porsche. 

Dad gets out of hospital so got a bit of running around to do, but he'll probably have a go too. 

Initial read of the the field are around the top marks, still think I'll stick with Morikawa also thinking Speith whos not been too bad of late, Schauffele and probably Reed. 

bentgrass only greens here after a change from the bentgrass/poa hybrid. Harsh roughs and one where you want to be hitting those fairways and greens. I'll go with Lowry this week as he has the right stats for me here. Including those long par 4. Thought about Fitzpatrick and Zalatoris but both look too short for me. Cameron Young is abit skinny too for my liking but I'll take him with the ball striking ability and he's had a rest coming into this.  Homa looks a great shout this week. He has everything needed this week, including ball striking, strokes gained approach and hitting those long par 4s.

I'll also give another chance to Pereira and Noren. 2 guys i've followed a couple of times now in the last month or two. Finally Steele at treble odds.

Good luck, all.

2pts Lowry to win 25/1 bet365
--------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w C. Young 30/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5)
1pt e/w Homa 35/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)
1pt e/w Pereira 40/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5)
--------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Noren 80/1 bet365 (8 places, 1/5)
0.5pts e/w Steele 100/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)

As alluded to in last week's tournaments, I'm taking a break from the ante post tournament bets and going to focus on the final day 'two ball ties' bets.

That said, I still play the PGA Tour fantasy golf app game so I have had a look at some ante post tournament angles.

The shortlist for my 6 man squad were: Jon Rahm, Collin Morikawa, Patrick Cantlay, Hideki Matsuyama, Matt Fitzpatrick, Joaquin Niemann, Francesco Molinari, Aaron Rai and Sahith Theegala.

From this the final squad I picked were:

Rahm - Matsuyama - Fitzpatrick - Theegala - Niemann - Rai

Best of luck lads.

Hideki Matsuyama was disqualified during round one for illegal markings on his three wood club.

I don't know the full ins and outs of the story though it seems a bit harsh from the point of view that he was hardly gaining any advantage from it as he was 3 over after 8 holes before the DQ came through lol.

That said, all the players should know the rules. But I do have to feel for Matsuyama backers. Hopefully bookmakers could credit Stakes back as free bet credits.

Well after two days play. Best of our chances on here are with the Two Camerons. Cameron Young and Cameron Smith.

Smith has the lead on 8 under. With Young nicely positioned at 6 under. Still early days obviously and in fairness there are plenty of  good players within 3 and 4 shots of the leader. Though it is still nice to see.

Best of luck to @Johnrobertson @Fader @Xtc12  and @fd1972uk who correctly identified one of the Two Camerons in their selections.

Edited by MinellaWorksop
spelling

To be fair @harry_rag since Woodland won his major a couple of years ago you never quite know what you're going to get with him, so on another day he could have been ripping it up and you're laughing in a bath full of cash lol.

Ironically, he has a similar profile to Molinari who has never been the same player since crumbling when in the lead at The Masters a couple of years ago. It seems this week is a 'going' week for the wily Italian.

Horschel kicked on with an impressive 7 under bogey free round yesterday. With a five shot lead he will be tough to catch though likewise I would be surprised if he plays as good as a round as in round three. Cam Smith poised in 2nd should Horschel slip up.

Will post any two ball ties selections around midday.