** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

? 2022 All Bets : Sports Betting and Horse racing ??

Heisenberg68

Hello to all ?

Since the beginning of the year I decided to bet differently and I continue to stick to it.

Fewer bets, smaller stakes, and a smaller bank so that I don't lose too much money if things go wrong. ?

I know horse racing very well since I worked in France for several years with a trainer when I was 18. But I never really bet. 
Since the beginning of the year I have done some tests and the results are pretty good. So I'm going to try the adventure in this thread.

My starting bank will not be revealed, because it will be evolving and I think it is not important. The most important is the profit/loss. 
I will also note my ROI.

To summarize: a bank that I will not talk about the amount. 
Results divided into two: Sport betting & Horse racing Betting ➡️ Profits/Losses & ROI.

Regularly I will make the profits / losses & ROI for the thread ( Sport & Horse racing )

This thread will end at the end of December 2022. I will give the results by adding the £100 of losses from my previous thread. 
In June I will also add the £20 earned on the forum thanks to my first place in division 7.

See you soon 

15 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? Sport Betting ?

? Back £20,00 Liverpool Win CL @1,60 to win £11,40 ( v Madrid , Champion’s League ️) 

Real Madrid won ? / Lost / -£20,00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
➡️ Total Sport stake : £20,00

? Sport Loss to date : £20,00

? Sport ROI : -100% 

17 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? Sport Betting ?

➡️ £20,00 AAF @3,50 to win 50,00 ( v Nadal , Rolland garros ?

Nadal 3-2 / Lost / -£20,00

➡️ Total Sport stake : £40,00

? Sport Loss to date : £40,00

? Sport ROI : -100% 

3 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? Sport Betting ?

? £50,00 Giorgi @2,80 to win £90,00 ( v Kasatskina , Rolland Garros ?)

Kasatskina 2-0 / Lost / -£50,00

➡️ Total Sport stake : £90,00

? Sport Loss to date : £70,00

? Sport ROI : -77,7%

2 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

➡️ Total Sport stake : £90,00

? Sport Loss to date : £70,00

? Sport ROI : -77,7%

I'm sorry but that ROI figure for sports bets is simply nonsense. After 3 losing bets totaling £90 your ROI is -100%. Trying to massage it with the returns from a competition on here just looks silly.

Adding the competition winnings to your betting bank would be fine. As you've chosen not to state the bank on here (not an issue in itself) that would mean not making any reference to the winnings in this thread.

I suppose you could include the winnings in the overall tally if you really wanted to but, frankly, it's still a bit silly. Put it this way, show me another thread on here where anyone has resorted to including competition winnings in their bottom line. In my opinion, proper running of this thread would make no reference to what you've won in a competition. Whatever you decide though, it's fundamentally wrong to include the winnings in the calculation of your ROI.

A final point, while I'm here; I notice the stakes have crept up a bit and I'd be a bit worried about where that might lead based on past form. The combination of a losing start to a new thread and the absence of a stated bank doesn't bode well!

39 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? Sport Betting ?

? £50,00 Lestienne @3,40 to win £120,00( v Marterer , Challenger Forli ?)

? Lay £72,48 Lestienne @2,40 (3-6 4-3 ) 

Result : +£20,57

➡️ Total Sport stake : £140,00

? Sport Loss to date : £49,43

? Sport ROI : -35,30%

19 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

I'll read it again later because I didn't fully understand what you wanted to tell me. 

The main point, ideally don't mention your competition winnings in this thread but definitely don't include them in your ROI for bets in this thread as it makes a nonsense of the figure.

38 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

The main point, ideally don't mention your competition winnings in this thread but definitely don't include them in your ROI for bets in this thread as it makes a nonsense of the figure.

No problem. 
In that case I won't mention my King. 

The most important thing is obviously the profit. That's why we bet 

1 hour ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? Sport Betting ?

? £150,00 Northamptonshire @2,00 to win £150,00 ( v Nottinghamshire, T20 ?)

my last bet today. Tomorrow is another day . 
➡️ horse racing ?? ?

good night 

Match Abandoned 

On 5/30/2022 at 4:33 PM, harry_rag said:

A final point, while I'm here; I notice the stakes have crept up a bit and I'd be a bit worried about where that might lead based on past form. The combination of a losing start to a new thread and the absence of a stated bank doesn't bode well!

hi ?

I have often listened to your advice, although I must admit that sometimes your remarks have hurt me. But that's quite normal. ?

I bet very badly, and when you tell me this it helps me a lot. 

You are absolutely right about the beginning of this thread. It's not going in the right direction. 
I had increased my starting bank but it's a bad idea.
I'm going to rectify this. 
I have withdrawn part of my bank in order to start again at £50

The aim is to be able to control my bets without endangering my bank and above all to have fun. 

I apologise again as I have not yet mastered English 100%. 
I think it shows but I like being here on the forum, so I'm doing my best. ?

I have often listened to your advice, although I must admit that sometimes your remarks have hurt me. But that's quite normal. ?

Well, I try to keep it constructive but acknowledge I can be blunt at times. I was perhaps exasperated early on when the same issues arose again and again in quick succession.

I apologise again as I have not yet mastered English 100%. 
I think it shows but I like being here on the forum, so I'm doing my best.

And I probably have tended to forget that, mainly because your English is, to say the least, considerably better than my French!

The aim is to be able to control my bets without endangering my bank and above all to have fun. 

There’s no obligation to post only in this section of the board, especially when not running a specific system or strategy. You could always post some or all of your bets in the relevant sections for the sports in question, which can be more sociable than in here. You could do that and keep a tally of your sports/racing profit/loss in your signature. Just a thought for an alternative way to post that may prove more enjoyable.

13 hours ago, harry_rag said:

There’s no obligation to post only in this section of the board, especially when not running a specific system or strategy. You could always post some or all of your bets in the relevant sections for the sports in question, which can be more sociable than in here. You could do that and keep a tally of your sports/racing profit/loss in your signature. Just a thought for an alternative way to post that may prove more enjoyable.

I need this thread. It helps me to manage my bank a bit.
I still have a lot of trouble writing in the other threads dedicated to sports . It's much more user friendly but I'm still afraid because my English is not great (I use the translator a lot) . 

I need some more time to be more comfortable.