** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Charles Schwab Challenge

First just want to say great tipping from Fader last week so unlucky with his 200/1 shot. ?

Going for Jordan Spieth 12/1 again as he has a great record on this course 1 win and 3 runner up spots over the years.

My other pick is Davis Riley 45/1 has no course form but this guy is improving so much and had a great display last week coming 13th, prior to that was 9th and 5th.

Already posted in the 2022 thread.

@fd1972uk 

"Dont usually go ew if its under 20s, but put a little extra on as no footy being bet now. 

Schwaab, Speith, Morikawa, Burns, Hoge, Na, Dutch, Fox, Detry, Veerman"

@MinellaWorksop

"Charles Schwab Challenge (PGA TOUR)

I had a shortlist of: Collin Morikawa, Tony Finau, Sungjae Im, Daniel Berger, Justin Rose, Jason Kokrak, Kevin Na.

From this my one win only selection was:

JUSTIN ROSE 55/1 Bet365

Played really consistent last week in the PGA Championships on a tough course and his final round was his best round. Preferably he will carry this momentum onto Colonial where he has shown previous good form finishing 3rd in 2020, in what was probably the strongest renewal of the event."

My picks to follow (barring an unlikely "no bet" scenario).

16 hours ago, Johnrobertson said:

First just want to say great tipping from Fader last week so unlucky with his 200/1 shot. ?

Going for Jordan Spieth 12/1 again as he has a great record on this course 1 win and 3 runner up spots over the years.

My other pick is Davis Riley 45/1 has no course form but this guy is improving so much and had a great display last week coming 13th, prior to that was 9th and 5th.

thank you JR,

I like riley and I'm also taking him along with Rose, Zalatoris, Na, Cink and Cam Davis.

1pt e/w Zalatoris to win 25/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5)
1pt e/w Na to win 45/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)
1pt e/w Rose to win 55/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)
1pt e/w Riley to win 55/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)
-------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Davis to win 100/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5)
0.5pts e/w Cink to win 110/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4)

On 5/25/2022 at 8:30 PM, harry_rag said:

I'll go with a trio of FP sells again.

Abraham Ancer at 37, Kevin Kisner at 43 and Russell Knox at 47

Knox -2, bet value £15 profit

Ancer level, bet value £3 loss

Kisner +3 (now +4), bet value £28.50 loss

Let them all run and hope Ancer and Kisner have better rounds (though I'm inclined to write Kisner off as an inevtiable MC).

At the halfway stage plenty still in with a chance on here with Scheffler bouncing back from last week to be joint leader.

Patrick Reed close behind and Davis Riley nicely poised 3 shots back as well.

Justin Rose missed the cut. So I shall once again resume my customary Cheerleader role and be cheering on my fellow posters on here to victory.

So fingers crossed @Johnrobertson  , @Fader , @Xtc12, or @fd1972uk can claim the victory. Best of luck lads.

A stark reminder of why I should only bet on golf occasionally and that any decent wins are probably more down to luck than judgement! 

Knox still going, could take 18 x stake profit but letting it run.

Other two missed cut, losses of 33 points for Ancer and 27 for Kisner.

Good luck to all those still in with a shout.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

A stark reminder of why I should only bet on golf occasionally and that any decent wins are probably more down to luck than judgement! 

Knox still going, could take 18 x stake profit but letting it run.

Other two missed cut, losses of 33 points for Ancer and 27 for Kisner.

Good luck to all those still in with a shout.

Fingers crossed Knox can kick on for you mate. It's a good test of patience, calmness and discipline this golf betting malarkey lol. One that admittedly, I find the toughest of all sports to master. So massive respect to all that do.

Cant see past Scheffler, hopefully Reed can maintain and get a top finish, unfortunately need him to finish top 5, hopefully he can round off with a good finish. 

Scheffler is looking super consistent in recent times, tbh the skinny odds seen so much on Rahm has been so undeserving, but Scheffler looks like he could be around 8s for every upcoming tournie going by his form. 

41 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Cant see past Scheffler, hopefully Reed can maintain and get a top finish, unfortunately need him to finish top 5, hopefully he can round off with a good finish. 

Scheffler is looking super consistent in recent times, tbh the skinny odds seen so much on Rahm has been so undeserving, but Scheffler looks like he could be around 8s for every upcoming tournie going by his form. 

Impressed with how Scheffler has bounced back from last week's performance. He should claim the victory, though I always have to remind myself this is golf here we are talking about and things can change very quickly in a matter of holes.

Reed, Cam Davis, Riley all in nice each way positions and possibly more should the leader falter.

Again, like the Dutch Open, I am experimenting with the final day two ball matchups identifying matches to be a 'draw/tie' . Prices Bet365 and I have two selections for The Charles Schwab Challenge:

4:25, Lee Hodges vs Austin Smotherman 8.50

6:15, Chad Ramey vs Christiaan Bezuidenhout 8.50

Let's see how it all plays out.

9 hours ago, Fader said:

my god, Riley 1 shot clear and in 2 holes, he's dropped 3 shots. It's Pereira all over again.

Incredible. Scheffler never got going. Riley crumbled on the back nine. And young Burnsy swoops in with the playoff victory.

Well done to @Xtc12 who had the perfect playoff scenario of Burns vs Scheffler for the win. Superb tipping.

No two ball ties came in on this event, though it was close going between Ramey-Bezuidenhout who were level with three holes left to play though then went in completely different directions.

Memorial Tournament up next on the PGA Tour.