** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PGA Championship

Fader

Can't wait for this one.  A long course but one that has just 2 par-5s, here. 15 holes with water and you just have to find the fairways. Bent grass greens. Looks a tough, tough course with strokes gained approach a skillset needed.

Matsuyama is primed for this in my opinion. Had a great week and didn't win, which is good for anybody wanting a good price here. I'll take him, Scheffler, Homa and small punt on Noren, Fox and Pereira at huge odds.

3pts Scheffler to win (single bet) 12/1 willhill
-----------------------------------------------------
2pts e/w Matsuyama 30/1 bet365 (8 places, 1/5)
1pt e/w Homa 60/1 bet365 (8 places, 1/5)
-----------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Noren 140/1 bet365 (8 places, 1/5)
0.5pts e/w Pereira 200/1 bet365 (8 places. 1/5)
0.5pts e/w Fox 275/1 bet365 (8 places. 1/5)

Matsuyama 28/1 hills, 9 places. Won twice this season and  I think he could be coming into some great form considering his final round 62 last week and his impressive stats.

Spieth 18/1 hills, 9 places. Should be well suited by this course with the wide fairways and the need for a good short game, has been in fine form lately including runner up last week. 

Lowry 28/1 hills, 9 places. Has a fine record in the USPA including 4th last year, in his best ever form this season. 

Three win only darts for me. All prices Bet365

Collin Morikawa 20/1

In the previews I have read the course will supposedly require strong approach play. And whenever that is mentioned I always automatically associate that statement with Mr Morikawa. Also last four majors he has played in he has form figures of 8415 so clearly gets the juices flowing for the big events.

Patrick Cantlay 20/1

Finished 2nd last time out at RBC Heritage. Which I do believe to be a course that requires strong approach play. Ice cool temperament, though my slight reserve with this guy is his recent form in the Majors isn't that great.

Brooks Koepka 35/1

Mr Major himself. I don't feel he is the force he was a couple of years ago. Though I would be kicking myself if he romps away in this knowing his previous form in Majors and that any other tournament he plays in his form figures mean very little as he openly admits to lack motivation for any event other than the Majors.

Good luck to all.

Edited by MinellaWorksop
spelling

After two rounds the main guy I'll be rooting for from here is Mito Pereira for @Fader and @harry_rag so come on Mito lad lets kick on with the excellent form Saturday and Sunday.

I also noticed Cameron Young and Taylor Gooch are in decent positions for your spread bets Harry so well done indeed, as I feel it's been a tough event so far.

My guys as alluded to yesterday have slim pickings for Major glory so I will be cheering for a Mito masterclass at Southern Hills the next two days. #Mito'sOnFire

3 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

After two rounds the main guy I'll be rooting for from here is Mito Pereira for @Fader and @harry_rag so come on Mito lad lets kick on with the excellent form Saturday and Sunday.

I also noticed Cameron Young and Taylor Gooch are in decent positions for your spread bets Harry so well done indeed, as I feel it's been a tough event so far.

Pereira currently 2nd and quoted at 7-10, Young T10 and 22-25 and Gooch T17 and 26-29. 72 points profit to be had if I close out (compared to around 101 if they all stayed where they are). I think I'll let it run. Partial closure is also an option.

Great composure from Mito in round three. While most of the other players dropped scores he came out and scored another round under par on a course where making par is definitely your friend.

Obvious dangers to Mito's lead has to be Fitzpatrick who has played three consistent rounds of golf at Southern Hills. As we all know, anything can happen in golf, though it will take some final round birdie surge from the chasing pack to take the victory away from Mito. That is, of course, as long as Mito keeps his head as he has done successfully in rounds 1 to 3 and doesn't make any silly double or triple bogeys. Fingers crossed ?

On 5/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, harry_rag said:

Pereira currently 2nd and quoted at 7-10, Young T10 and 22-25 and Gooch T17 and 26-29. 72 points profit to be had if I close out (compared to around 101 if they all stayed where they are). I think I'll let it run. Partial closure is also an option.

I'm out with a profit of 86.5 x stake (would only be 92 if all 3 players stayed where they are and there's more potential downside than up for Pereira and Young with them being 1st and 4th). Closed out on those two at 4 and 8 respectively, Gooch at 37.5 for a small profit. Was slightly surprised to be able to take a profit on him with him being T36th. Would be the wrong decision should he shoot a good final round but he's gone 69, 70 and 74 so far and my gut says he may fade further today.

Good luck to those still with an interest. From my point of view I'd be slightly less rueful about not putting win bets on if none of my players won but I hope Pereira lands the odds for those who did back him that way.

10 x 1pt Final Day Two Ball Selections, All prices Bet365

Selection in BOLD

Maverick McNealy vs Sepp Straka 2.15

Denny McCarthy vs Jordan Spieth 2.90

Brooks Koepka vs Harold Varner III 1.83

Russell Henley vs Rikuya Hoshino 2.50

Rickie Fowler vs Aaron Wise 2.10

Laurie Canter vs Justin Rose 2.30

Adri Arnaus vs Rory McIlroy 3.00

Lucas Herbert vs Max Homa 1.70

Sam Burns vs Gary Woodland 1.83

Stewart Cink vs Justin Thomas 3.10

9 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I'm out with a profit of 86.5 x stake (would only be 92 if all 3 players stayed where they are and there's more potential downside than up for Pereira and Young with them being 1st and 4th). Closed out on those two at 4 and 8 respectively, Gooch at 37.5 for a small profit. Was slightly surprised to be able to take a profit on him with him being T36th. Would be the wrong decision should he shoot a good final round but he's gone 69, 70 and 74 so far and my gut says he may fade further today.

Good luck to those still with an interest. From my point of view I'd be slightly less rueful about not putting win bets on if none of my players won but I hope Pereira lands the odds for those who did back him that way.

I think that was a wise move Harry. I think i would have got itchy trigger fingers after the 2nd round and cashed out then lol. It's been such a topsy turvy leaderboard i don't think it would be worth the potential last round stress just for a few extra points profit. Great selections and well done mate.

20 minutes ago, Fader said:

absolutely pathetic. 1 in the lead to not even in the play-off on the last hole. Hahaha, can tell I've had a bet on him.

Really unlucky mate. He wins it and I’m gutted I didn’t have a couple of quid on that outcome, he falls just short and I’m not too bothered even if I had let the spread bet run as there’s not much difference between 1st and 3rd. So many ways to choose from in terms of how to bet in golf. A nice place return but obviously stings to come so close to the big one.

11 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Really unlucky mate. He wins it and I’m gutted I didn’t have a couple of quid on that outcome, he falls just short and I’m not too bothered even if I had let the spread bet run as there’s not much difference between 1st and 3rd. So many ways to choose from in terms of how to bet in golf. A nice place return but obviously stings to come so close to the big one.

He made such a shit show of that 18th it was bordering embarrassing. I actually was waiting for him to choke to be honest and I had a little saver bet on Thomas too, at 10/1 so that and the 40/1 placing ain’t too bad but yeah, gotta laugh. If I didn’t bet on him, he’d of won :D