** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wells Fargo Championship

Fader

No more 2nd please. I want a winner. Tempted with Conners but he's just too skinny for a guy that doesn't win and is always "there or there abouts" and so for me, I'll take :

1.5pts e/w Ancer to win Wells 25/1 boylesports (10 places, 1/5th)
1.5pts e/w Henley to win Wells 25/1 boylesports (10 places, 1/5th)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w Power to win Wells 35/1 willhill (8 places, 1/5th)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Wu to win Wells 66/1 willhill (8 places, 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w Grace to win Wells 80/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)

2022 Results Roundup (after Mexico Open)

StrikeRate: 1/38

Bank: -31.50pts

This week's PGA Tour event selections. Bet365 prices. Both win only.

Rory McIlroy 9/1

Abraham Ancer 30/1

Hoping Mcilroy can continue on his form from the last round of The Masters. I'm happy to take the 9/1, i'm also equally as happy to accept that it is Rory we're dealing with here and he could easily be way off the pace after round one, time will tell.

Also going with Ancer to bounce back from last week in Mexico. i think sometimes the pressure playing in front of home supporters can be too much for some players. So with less expectation on his shoulders this week hopefully he can play with more freedom and creativity.

Best of luck to all.

Lost reed, not sure where he is at now. 

Wolff started well but as usual falls away, cant say Day caught my eye though, have had him before a few times but not on my radar. 

Homa doing well had a couple of goes on him after recent form which some of you guys got close with, I must have jinxed him, lol,, but hes looking good again.  So. Good luck. 

Probably if lucky a place or two, but could be a stretch. 

26 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Lost reed, not sure where he is at now. 

Wolff started well but as usual falls away, cant say Day caught my eye though, have had him before a few times but not on my radar. 

Homa doing well had a couple of goes on him after recent form which some of you guys got close with, I must have jinxed him, lol,, but hes looking good again.  So. Good luck. 

Probably if lucky a place or two, but could be a stretch. 

Agree completely with you here about Day. Wouldn't have predicted him having such a nice cushion of a lead after two days play.

Like you rightly say, Homa is nicely poised in 2nd to pounce should Day open the door ajar slightly.

Be interesting to see how this Kitayama guy kicks on over the next two days. Finished decent in Mexico last week and is up and around the leaderboard again this week.

2 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Agree completely with you here about Day. Wouldn't have predicted him having such a nice cushion of a lead after two days play.

Like you rightly say, Homa is nicely poised in 2nd to pounce should Day open the door ajar slightly.

Be interesting to see how this Kitayama guy kicks on over the next two days. Finished decent in Mexico last week and is up and around the leaderboard again this week.

Yeah its funny you mention him, had a glance but felt not for me as hes usually kicking around the European Tours, but he has did well recently. I think place could be on the cards for him, not winning it, couldn't have been bad odds either, something is saying 3 digit odds. 

Edited by fd1972uk

Crikey, just a casual 9 over par round for Jason Day leaves a completely different outlook to the leaderboard going into the final day.

Definitely looked like tough scoring conditions out there yesterday.

Best chance of a winner from here is Max Homa who is still nicely poised in 2nd place. So best of luck to @Xtc12 going into the final round.