** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BILLY HILLS NAP TABLE - May 2022

10 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Because the price wasn't available it was settled at SP.

Well, I'm pretty sure that Odds checker showed 4/1 being available (not 41 obviously).  No matter though as there is no percentage in having the price adjusted unless I can get a 40/1 shot winner tomorrow ?

4 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

It's laughable if you thought I was trying to obtain 41/1 ?

"I don't have the time to check for errors that you have made."

76 naps entries today (usually about 100) thats every day every week every month plus the most winners plus the various comps.

i think its not about what he thought you meant its about what he saw. Lets be reasonable here and accept our own errors and live with them.

and like you said makes no difference this month so why make the unnecessary comment. and no i dont want a debate about it. i am entitled to an opinion just as you are.

39 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

"I don't have the time to check for errors that you have made."

76 naps entries today (usually about 100) thats every day every week every month plus the most winners plus the various comps.

i think its not about what he thought you meant its about what he saw. Lets be reasonable here and accept our own errors and live with them.

and like you said makes no difference this month so why make the unnecessary comment. and no i dont want a debate about it. i am entitled to an opinion just as you are.

Well, @MCLARKEhas in the past given leeway to members who have stated Betfair Exchange odds instead of the recommended bookies odds in the Naps comp; I accept that I made a typo error and would have said nothing had he left it where it was.  However, I find it inconceivable that even a momentary glance at the odds I stated would not have suggested to him that in reality, I meant 4/1.  I don't wish to argue about this and do not wish contest his decision but with my history of always trying to get prices right it is laughable to think that I would try it on in requesting 41/1 about a 4/1 shot.  I am a decent honest chap don't you know.  

Well that was cool - I just thought that I'm not even going to finish in the top 25 so like our American cousins - it's time for a Hail Mary 
as they say when playing American football.

I looked at the remaining races on each of the cards and what jumped out at me was Glory Hallelujah at 66/1 - 
a fitting name for a Hail Mary if ever I saw one.

Thanks to Mclarke for running the competition and my sympathies to sirspread for nicking this at the death and well done to all the other winners.

Just now, justanotherpunter said:

Well that was cool - I just thought that I'm not even going to finish in the top 25 so like our American cousins - it's time for a Hail Mary 
as they say when playing American football.

I looked at the remaining races on each of the cards and what jumped out at me was Glory Hallelujah at 66/1 - 
a fitting name for a Hail Mary if ever I saw one.

Thanks to Mclarke for running the competition and my sympathies to sirspread for nicking this at the death and well done to all the other winners.

ha ha well done mate.....if im off the pace i always try to find that juicy winner

5 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Putting up long odds on shots for most of the month isn't my idea of successful napping.  It would be nice if once in a while @Alistairclicked on the "like" button when he gets praise for his efforts

Nobody has to do anything with selections they can just scroll passed, might i respectfully suggest that you concentrate on your own recommendation that, might i remind you if followed would have been a considerable loss. so whats the difference?  Might i also suggest that @Alastairmight not like the drama and lets his actions speak louder than his words. i am showing him respect for what he does. he doesnt have to acknowledge that respect. I napped a 16/1 shot yesterday it ran well came third, today i have napped a 22/1 shot. i tend to nap my biggest price not for the sake of any comp its just that i like to do things differently. each to their own.

25 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Nobody has to do anything with selections they can just scroll passed, might i respectfully suggest that you concentrate on your own recommendation that, might i remind you if followed would have been a considerable loss. so whats the difference?  Might i also suggest that @Alastairmight not like the drama and lets his actions speak louder than his words. i am showing him respect for what he does. he doesnt have to acknowledge that respect. I napped a 16/1 shot yesterday it ran well came third, today i have napped a 22/1 shot. i tend to nap my biggest price not for the sake of any comp its just that i like to do things differently. each to their own.

Yes indeed.  But people do follow other members on the forum.  This can be a problem when one is following a member and they have a strategy in play.  Alistair is very successful at what he does and no one can deny him of this.  However, for anyone following his selections I would suggest that they do so early in the month whilst he is trying to achieve the magic £10 profit.  I do hope that this advice helps some members