** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Mexico Open

Fader

Quite a weak field, this one. Lots of water dangers. Not alot of info to go on with this being a new tournament on the PGA Tour. I'm going with the following :

1.5pts e/w Woodland 20/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)
1.5pts e/w Wise 22/1 Boylesports (10 places, 1/5th) 
1pt e/w Champ 33/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w Clark 66/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)

Outsiders
0.25pts e/w Lee 80/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)
0.25pts e/w Wu 100/1 willhill (8 places, 1/5th)
0.25pts e/w C.Tarren 150/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)
0.25pts e/w Van Der Walt 500/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)

A couple of people already up with their selections for this in the "2022" thread. I don't think we've quite nailed the best approach for posting selections yet in terms of the timing of you starting a thread and the scope of it (if it only covers the US event then people end up splitting their selections across 2 different threads). My suggestion would be a single thread for each week; this week's could be titled something like "Golf tips w/c 28th April - Mexican Open etc." You could put threads up for the next 2 or 3 weeks in advance then just add another week each week if that makes sense (so we are always a few weeks ahead in terms of a thread being there). A bit like things seem to be done in the tennis section.

I think one weekly thread started far enough in advance is the best way to go, so people can put all their bets in a single place. be interested to see what the regulars think given that I'm only an occasional poster and you've only just starting to focus on this section:

@Xtc12 @MinellaWorksop @fd1972uk @Johnrobertson @Torque @owenclass

It just feels a bit scrappy at the moment.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

A couple of people already up with their selections for this in the "2022" thread. I don't think we've quite nailed the best approach for posting selections yet in terms of the timing of you starting a thread and the scope of it (if it only covers the US event then people end up splitting their selections across 2 different threads). My suggestion would be a single thread for each week; this week's could be titled something like "Golf tips w/c 28th April - Mexican Open etc." You could put threads up for the next 2 or 3 weeks in advance then just add another week each week if that makes sense (so we are always a few weeks ahead in terms of a thread being there). A bit like things seem to be done in the tennis section.

I think one weekly thread started far enough in advance is the best way to go, so people can put all their bets in a single place. be interested to see what the regulars think given that I'm only an occasional poster and you've only just starting to focus on this section:

@Xtc12 @MinellaWorksop @fd1972uk @Johnrobertson @Torque @owenclass

It just feels a bit scrappy at the moment.

Harry, tbh I used to do golf threads every week before. I did it like this for a good while. I don’t really mind how it’s done. We’ll see how it goes and have another look in a few weeks. 

I am going for 3 in the Mexico Open:-

Cameron Champ 45/1 - The course is very long at 7456 yards which should suit the longest driver on the PGA tour and he played nicely at the Masters taking 10th place.

Gary Woodland 20/1 - Another big hitter who is in form, 3 top 10 in the last 6 events

David Riley 55/1 - Big price for a player who came 2nd at the Valspar and a very good driver of the ball, 8th in the stats for total driving.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Harry, tbh I used to do golf threads every week before. I did it like this for a good while. I don’t really mind how it’s done. We’ll see how it goes and have another look in a few weeks. 

I can remember that. And most of the time they were dead. Right now there's a few posters so a thread for each tournament could work - similar to the tennis section. Having said that, the season thread has a good fraternal and sororal feel to it.

I hold my hands up in regards to where to post this, I forgot to look for the new tournament thread, so I do apologise for that.

So here is my selection (and ramblings lol) copied and paste from the 2022 thread:

MEXICO OPEN ??   

Carlos Ortiz 60/1   

Win only. Prices Bet365        

Just the one selection this week as I felt it is a bit of an average quality field event. Rahm could hack up in this event though his Price is incredibly stingy in my opinion. So going with home countryman Ortiz, who is often overshadowed by fellow countryman Abraham Ancer, though can perform to equally as good standard on his day and has previous decent form performing in front of a home crowd audience.   

Best of luck to all.

Rahm leading the way in Mexico. If he has one of his 'angry Rahm' moments he could let the chasing pack gain confidence. Be interesting to see how his temperament holds out as he certainly has the class advantage.

Good to see Davis Riley, Sebastian Munoz and Cameron Champ all nicely poised and playing well should the Rahm let slip his advantage.