** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2022

Amazing, I think Radacanu is the biggest fluke in woman's tennis. I back her opponents all the time. Today I don't and Sasnovich cleans her up 1 and 1 in the last 2 sets ?

Two bets I like today would be Baez to probably win a set against Zverev and cover the +6.5 handicap. They were very close at the Italian Open, and I am hoping that Baez will play those close points better this time.

I think Korda is gonna lose to Gasquet. The French crowds have been very vocal, got Gaston over the line yesterday. I think it will boost Gasquet, who is playing deceptively well.

Just waiting for Zverev to go ape___! He's definitely gonna be breaking racquets soon ... but he is on a suspended sentence. Baez in total control. Zverev can't serve with the high ball toss in the wind.

Zverev, Alexander v Baez, Sebastian
2ND SET
- 50:22
- 2:6 | 0:3 - 0:30
2-Way Odds (12) 22.35
Munar Clar, Jaume Antoni v Schwartzman, Diego
1ST SET
- 04:59
- 0:0 - 40:15
2-Way Odds (12) 21.35
Stake

Edited by neilovan

2 hours ago, neilovan said:

Amazing, I think Radacanu is the biggest fluke in woman's tennis. I back her opponents all the time. Today I don't and Sasnovich cleans her up 1 and 1 in the last 2 sets ?

Two bets I like today would be Baez to probably win a set against Zverev and cover the +6.5 handicap. They were very close at the Italian Open, and I am hoping that Baez will play those close points better this time.

I think Korda is gonna lose to Gasquet. The French crowds have been very vocal, got Gaston over the line yesterday. I think it will boost Gasquet, who is playing deceptively well.

Yes, i watched the Raducanu match. The 'miss excuse me' young Briton looks terrible. Very very weak and bad game. In contrary, i think Sasnovich has enough power and good skills to go deeper. Next one is Kerber! The old German is total crap! Sasnovish will crush her and that one will be on of my main bets. Just wait to see the odds!

Edited by delfino

12 minutes ago, delfino said:

Yes, i watched the Raducanu match. The 'miss excuse me' young Briton looks terrible. Very very weak and bad game. In contrary, i think Sasnovich has enough power and good skills to go deeper. Next one is Kerber! The old German is total crap! Sasnovish will crush her and that one will be on of my main bets. Just wait to see the odds!

Sasnovich should definitely have a chance. If Jacquemot hadn't been so wasteful on break points and had managed to force a third set, it would have been interesting to see how Kerber would have played. It looked to me at the end of the second set today she was beginning to tire.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

Sasnovich should definitely have a chance. If Jacquemot hadn't been so wasteful on break points and had managed to force a third set, it would have been interesting to see how Kerber would have played. It looked to me at the end of the second set today she was beginning to tire.

It goes to 3 Kerber has nothing in the tank. Was lucky .... again.

Bad start to my day so far. 0 for 2. It's not hard to see why Kanepi is still so competitive - she's so hard to break. Wasn't broken once by Haddad Maia despite being down 15-40 twice. Played a really smart match and Haddad Maia was well beaten.

Kerber was awful , she only won because her opponent is a kid with little experience and no mental strength who converted just 1 out of 11 break balls; from what I saw they were both very bad.

In next round Kerber is playing Sasnovitch, Sasnovitch is dog @2.10 which after watching how bad Kerber was today seems crazy to me.

Alcaraz looks like he's going to lose now and to be honest he deserves it. So far he's converted only 5 of 22 break points and saved only 1 of only 6 break points faced. Absolutely ridiculous. Last time I can remember a match like that was years and years ago when Garcia Lopez beat Nadal somewhere in Asia with similar break points saved numbers.

28 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Gille/Vliegen to win set 2 v Herbert/Mahut in-play at 2.55 with bet365

The French fellas haven't created a single bp in the match so far, which is pretty unacceptable if they wanna achieve something substantial in the current FO. 

Gille/Vliegen missed a couple of bps at 5-5 and now they lose the breaker. Typical.

8 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Gille/Vliegen missed a couple of bps at 5-5 and now they lose the breaker. Typical.

Placing several bets on the Belgian couple to prevail though (2.00+). Mahut is no longer the  player he used to be.

16 hours ago, Torque said:

20pts Jacquemot to beat Kerber @ 4.00 365

35pts Haddad Maia to beat Kanepi @ 2.50 365

35pts Bencic to beat Andreescu @ 1.72 365

35pts Alcaraz to win ATP French Open @ 3.94

20pts Nadal to win ATP French Open @ 5.61

10pts Tsitsipas to win ATP French Open @ 7.08

Another mad day comes to a conclusion. After yesterday where Tsitsipas recovered from two sets down and Carreno-Busta should have recovered from two sets down only to throw it away, today we saw both Zverev and Alcaraz winning in five sets from match point down as big favourites with Alcaraz particularly so. The odds on that double would have been into the thousands I'm guessing - if such a bet could have been placed. I'm not even going to attempt to do a summary of Alcaraz v Ramos-Vinolas as so much happened I'd probably need an entire forum page. Also making a comeback from two sets down as a big favourite was Schwartzman.

As for my picks, it was very much a day of what could have been although I don't think I can complain too much after Alcaraz managed to win despite his profligacy. Jacquemot paid for a slow start in the end, as she was just starting to get to grips with Kerber having got to a second set breaker but was unable to force a decider. Haddad Maia had the first opportunity to break against Kanepi but couldn't take it and then promptly got broken herself which so often seems to be the way, and from then on she was on the back foot and couldn't really lay a glove on her opponent. Bencic beat Andreescu handily enough despite a slight wobble at the end and as already mentioned, Alcaraz was very fortunate to win his match and lives to fight another day. Nadal got a routine win save for failing to serve it out at the first attempt and perhaps more importantly, there were no signs of any injury issues and he was hitting the ball really well and that bodes well for the rest of the tournament.

Just a boosted treble for me today and a couple more outright bets. The treble consists of Ruud, Medvedev and Sinner all to win which has been boosted to nearly even money. Ruud and Sinner should be easy winners and so the wildcard is Medvedev who doesn't have the best record on clay but even considering that this seems worth taking, particularly as he was talking positively after his first round match. I don't think he'll find it easy against Djere, who's a very competent clay court player who pushed Djokovic hard on the surface recently, but I do think he'll get the win although probably with a dropped set along the way.

In the outrights, I'm adding to my position on Alcaraz as his price has drifted. Most likely the drift is due to him struggling so badly as such a big favourite against Ramos-Vinolas and also because of the potential impact of accumulated fatigue. In normal circumstances I'd agree that so much energy spent on the court against an opponent who was supposed to have been beaten easily would be a bad thing, but in this case I think it might do more good than harm. Coming into this tournament there was a question mark about how Alcaraz would cope in longer matches, and having just played and won the longest match of his career and having done it from two sets to one down that question has been answered. I think it'll give Alcaraz a big boost to know that he can go the distance and find a way to win when not at his best and staring down the barrel of defeat, which is what all the best players are able to do if needed.

I've also added to my bet on Tsitsipas as he's also drifted slightly which is probably to do with easy wins for both Djokovic and Nadal. He plays today and should get a win in straight sets, which should help to offset his exertions against Musetti in the last round.

10pts Ruud (vs. Ruusuvuori) x Medvedev (vs. Djere) x Sinner (vs. Carballes Baena) @ 1.94 365

20pts Alcaraz to win ATP French Open @ 4.14 Betfair Exchange

15pts Tsitsipas to win ATP French Open @ 7.27 Betfair Exchange

Before I ve placed my bet yesterday I realy thought hard about picking gasquet taking a set and khachanov winning, the odds were similar , unfortunately I ve rethought my bet after I bet it and couldn t cash it out anymore to change it to khachanov...well atleast unibet gave me a ok cash out even after gasquet was down 2-0 , hope for a winning ticket today

D.Goffin to beat F.Tiafoe @1.70 local bookie

I think thay Goffin is overall a better player. He leads by 3-1 in h2h and what is interesting is the fact that, all of those matches came from hard courts which are Tiafoe's favourite. I think on clay Goffin will have even more advantage.
I have recently watched Krajinovic - Tiafoe match in Rome. American lost 0-2..a tight match,but what i didn't like was his decision making, tennis IQ not the best and lack of patience when it comes to constructing a points on clay court.

I alsko wanted to back Djere on some handicap line against Medvedev,but the odds have dropped and i find no value in them no more.

Goffin delivered :ok

Fun fact: i only was able to watch first set. Eurosport in Serbia canceled rest of the match due to cycling. In 1st set Goffin was slow by every meaning of the word..like he didn't had breakfast in the morning. Obviosly,rest of the match was better for him.
As for the Djere - Medvedev match..thank God for dropping odds on Djere. It saved me from lost bet. :lol  I've watched 2nd and 3rd set..i have to say that,no matter of result,Medvedev didn't impress me. He is lucky with the very soft draw he is given. Ramos Vinollas would beatin' him with ease..

I'm going with one bet for tomorrow since i feel that odds will drop.

G.Dimitrov to beat D.Schwartzmann @1,65 local bookie soccerbet

Dimitrov is in such a nice shape this spring..good run of results,while i couldn't say the same for Diego. I watched them both over this clay-court season..Schwartzmann i watched in Rome against Kecmanovic. With Kecmanovic it was a real thriller and Diego eventually came on top only because of better fitness..
And i have to mention that Dimitrov outplayed him easy recently in Madrid. Yes,i know,this is RG,but let me tell you - this Paris clay is not that slow and ball bounces lower which favors Dimitrov's game..i just don't see what changed since Madrid for Argentinian and expect another win for Grisha.

Edited by DrO