** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - May 2 - May 8

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

He really is that kind of a player that can fail spectacularly here and there.

Boom or bust definitely. Plenty of years ahead to get more consistent, which will involve developing a more rounded game. Right now it's all about taking the skin off the ball and painting lines, but if he can introduce some variety and better point construction that should enable him to cut down on errors and play with an extra margin of safety.

Edited by Torque

7 hours ago, Torque said:

Boom or bust definitely. Plenty of years ahead to get more consistent, which will involve developing a more rounded game. Right now it's all about taking the skin off the ball and painting lines, but if he can introduce some variety and better point construction that should enable him to cut down on errors and play with an extra margin of safety.

yeah, he legit did nothing good, it's not that he lost, it's how he lost. But auger was stellar , hope he doesn t flop in the next match

2 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I have placed the following bet: 

Djokovic v Hurkacz 2-0, Nadal v Alcaraz 0-2, Rublev v Tsitsipas total number of Sets: 3, FAA v Zverev 0-2.

I have faa to take atleast a set, don t see why zverev should win so easily after what felix showed against sinner.

Obviously it's early, but so far it's the same old Rublev against Tsitsipas. First serve at 36 percent, second serve getting hammered even by an opponent who's poor on return and instantly a break down which probably means he'll be a set down soon as he's not much cop on return either. It's a bit like in a football match where the underdog goes behind really quickly which makes an unlikely win even more unlikely. Going a break down so quickly because of poor serving has put him immediately on the back foot and facing an uphill battle to get anything from this match.

57 minutes ago, Torque said:

Obviously it's early, but so far it's the same old Rublev against Tsitsipas. First serve at 36 percent, second serve getting hammered even by an opponent who's poor on return and instantly a break down which probably means he'll be a set down soon as he's not much cop on return either. It's a bit like in a football match where the underdog goes behind really quickly which makes an unlikely win even more unlikely. Going a break down so quickly because of poor serving has put him immediately on the back foot and facing an uphill battle to get anything from this match.

surprisingly he turned it around, glad I cashed out my bet on tsitsipas before the 2nd set for good profit. I wasn t sure from the start that stef will win this one since rublev legit has the weaponry to blast him off the court if his mindset is right

5 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Alright, so that's Nadal and Djokovic in a row, both in three sets. What now?

5/2 for the French (with Paddy Power), not the worst odds considering how dominant he's been recently, particularly on clay. 

That said though Djokovic really should have won that match, he had several winning positions in Alcaraz' service games in that third set, but couldn't close the deal. He'll be kicking himself he let that one slip.

12 minutes ago, Torque said:

Terrible price IMO. Best of five is a totally different animal and takes time to get used to. Just ask Sascha.

?That told me! Yeh I see what you mean alright re five setters, I suppose he is somewhat unproven over the longer format, best of five is a different beast.

17 minutes ago, amity said:

?That told me! Yeh I see what you mean alright re five setters, I suppose he is somewhat unproven over the longer format, best of five is a different beast.

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was 'telling you' it's just my opinion. No doubt there are others who think his price for the French is decent and they may be right.

14 minutes ago, Torque said:

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was 'telling you' it's just my opinion. No doubt there are others who think his price for the French is decent and they may be right.

All good man, what you said makes sense, Alcaraz still has to show he can bring it over five sets in the grand slams. ?

I don't like odd on Alcaraz vs Zverev. And to be honest that was not the best performance from Nadal and Djokovic this week. I wrote after matches against Monfils and Kecmanovic that I don't like what I have seen. Come on, Djokovic lost in Belgrade from Rublev 6:0 in third...

We need to give Zverev some credit:

-last year winner

-huge win vs Tsitsipas yesterday

-H2H 2:0 vs Alcaraz

For me only bet on Zverev has some value. Good luck!

P.S.

Alcaraz is monster and future NO 1 for sure. No doubt about that

Edited by carina007

1 hour ago, carina007 said:

I don't like odd on Alcaraz vs Zverev. And to be honest that was not the best performance from Nadal and Djokovic this week. I wrote after matches against Monfils and Kecmanovic that I don't like what I have seen. Come on, Djokovic lost in Belgrade from Rublev 6:0 in third...

We need to give Zverev some pluses:

-last year winner

-huge win vs Tsitsipas yesterday

-H2H 2:0 vs Alcaraz

For me only bet on Zverev has some value. Good luck!

P.S.

Alcaraz is monster and future NO 1 for sure. No doubt about that

problem is his 1st serve percentage was 56 % , otherwise I d also think he'd beat carlito . EDIT: scartch that 56% was tsitsipas's firste serve percentage lol 

Edited by raduvlad1995

58 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

problem is his 1st serve percentage was 56 % , otherwise I d also think he'd beat carlito .

sorry guys, I pressed the quote button by mistake and couldn't cancel it or I don t know how to do it atleast

Edited by raduvlad1995

Hamad Medjedovic to beat (-1.5 sets) Alex Marti Pujolras with Betfair at 1.68

Hamad is the next Nole from Serbia trained at Tipsarevic Tennis Academy. He is steamrolling these small ITF Futures events and he's also 18 years old and climbing fast. Soon to be a challenger prospect.