** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - May 2 - May 8

Cori Gauff (+4.5) to beat Simona Halep at 2.02 with Unibet

Gauff has been the most pleasant surprise for me so far in Madrid, constantly improving and she's found her range nicely in the previous matches. Halep had a good win over the injured Badosa after a slow start against Zhang, so she's still a bit of an unknown quanitity. +4.5 looks a game high to me.

I actually like Dusan Lajovic to beat Borna Coric @1.90 (local bookie Meridianbet)

Similiar to Krajinovic, Lajovic is also going trough a crisis of results and self-confidence. However,i think his game is better than his recent results. In Montecarlo he was set and break up against Dimitrov (who played really well there) and lost in three sets. In Belgrade hi lost a long encounter against Daniel who then won over Rune and eventually lost to late champion, Rublev. In Estoril he again was a set and break up against Tiafoe ( a runner up of tournament) and menaged to lost a decider 0-6?! It's pretty obvious that his main issue is with his confidence..he's lacking of it big time..but here he was very solid in the qualis..Borna Coric is just coming back from longer injury break and i think he still need time to get back on track..

A good chance for Lajovic to record an important victory,but unlike my previous pick (Isner over Krajinovic) this time i go with a smaller stake.
GL :hope

Jil Belen Teichmann (+4) to beat Elena Rybakina at 1.92 with Pinnacle

Aside from Gauff, who covered the +4.5 line today, I also like Teichmann in the conditions. She swept away both Kvitova and Fernandez, so Rybakina won't be a major step up. Rybakina is unproven here, really, only having beaten the Dodin and then the injured Siniakova. +4 looks good to me on the same grounds as +4.5 looked good to me in Gauff-Halep.

Hard matches to predict for tomorrow.

I like Norrie and Sinner, the rest can go on both sides. I am surprised with Van De Zanschulp win since he retired 2 days ago in Munich and Busta was playing home...

To bad that Garin goes on Auger-Alliasame because win against Tiafoe is much more Tiafoe lost then Garin win. But nevermind, tricky match same as Korda - Musetti

5 hours ago, carina007 said:

Hard matches to predict for tomorrow.

I like Norrie and Sinner, the rest can go on both sides. I am surprised with Van De Zanschulp win since he retired 2 days ago in Munich and Busta was playing home...

To bad that Garin goes on Auger-Alliasame because win against Tiafoe is much more Tiafoe lost then Garin win. But nevermind, tricky match same as Korda - Musetti

Personally, i wouldn't go against Big John in Madrid. He is on a mission there, given the fact that he has a history of achieving good results there. Norrie war rather shaky and unprepared against Kwoon and with Isner serving 30 aces in his previous game, one should expect another solid performance from The American, while Norrie struggled big time to hold his serve against Kwoon.

34 minutes ago, Simeon Borisof said:

Personally, i wouldn't go against Big John in Madrid. He is on a mission there, given the fact that he has a history of achieving good results there. Norrie war rather shaky and unprepared against Kwoon and with Isner serving 30 aces in his previous game, one should expect another solid performance from The American, while Norrie struggled big time to hold his serve against Kwoon.

Thanks man. I didnt look players activity/history on tournament which I always do because sometimes it really means something

Amanda Anisimova to beat Ekaterina Alexandrova at 1.62 with Boylesports

Anisimova has shown much more than Alexandrova and she was really on it against Azarenka, some great tennis. Alexandrova, well, she has been good, but also a bit lucky with her opposition, with only Bouzkova being a worthy opponent and testing her to the max (Anisimova has also successfully faced Sabalenka).

For today I'd go with bautista to beat evans and zandschulp to take a set off goffin. Bautista seemed in good form against brooksby and is playing at home plus his game is far better for this surface than evan's. Zandschulp seems to be ok after retiring in munich(hopefuly someone could fill me in on why he did that there) and has some huge weapons, goffing defends better but he definetly ain t unbeatable nowdays. There are other matches to maybe have a look at , like fokina beating hurkacz or atleast takin a set since the pole struggled with delien and had some issues with his right hand and korda also has a good shot at beating musetti

6 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

yeah , I liked big kevin alot, people called him a servebot , but he had more to his game than that, he was a damn solid baseliner.

He got the most out of his talent. That type of player is always the one I will respect the most. If the furthest your talent will take you is the top 100 and you make it to the top 100, I'm much more impressed by that than if your talent means you should be in the top 10 but the highest you get to is the top 50.

1 hour ago, raduvlad1995 said:

man to see a returner like bautista agut not even puting freacking dan evans under pressure on his serve ...tennis truly is weird sometimes

It really is. It's almost not worth even trying to guess what will happen - although that would make for a pretty quiet forum :lol

ok guys, legit looking for an explanation from the more experienced guys here, wtf went wrong with sinner alliassime ? usualy when some surprise happens, it's not realy a surprise and as a tennis fan you can kind of understand what went wrong but sinner's performance is one of those that I have no explanation for. The guy wasn t injured and he wasn t playing some prime nadal on clay either, can anyone make sense on how it was so lopsided ? (granted auger absolutely peaked in this match). 

1 hour ago, raduvlad1995 said:

ok guys, legit looking for an explanation from the more experienced guys here, wtf went wrong with sinner alliassime ? usualy when some surprise happens, it's not realy a surprise and as a tennis fan you can kind of understand what went wrong but sinner's performance is one of those that I have no explanation for. The guy wasn t injured and he wasn t playing some prime nadal on clay either, can anyone make sense on how it was so lopsided ? (granted auger absolutely peaked in this match). 

I think you've explained it at the end there.