** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 5th April

These are the 3 trainer/jockey combinations I am following for April

Grant Tuer/Oliver Stammers
Runs 2 - L L

A D Brown/Paula Muir
Runs 1 - L

K A Ryan/Kevin Stott
Runs 3 - L L L

Bets 6 - Profit 0 - Loss 60

Today's Runners

Pontefract

1.30 Fast And Loose 100/30

3.15 Melayukingdom 10/1

3.50 Thundering 22/1

Good luck all CNBB.

Just ticking along waiting to rate the grand national thurs lol ......

240 pont 

Injazati    8.8  5/4 

Rhythmic intent   8.6  33/1 

Love is golden   8.2  15/2 

Pride of America   8.0 

Tricky race .....bookies have injazati as short fav and its quite possible there is more to come but has to overcome a layoff ....love is golden has had a run so shoukd strip much fitter today so I'd expect a good run ....pride of America won on comeback on all weather but is unknown on soft  .. .the obvious value bet seems to be rhythmic intent ....its possible he needs further but a fast run hard race could play into his hands as he stays further and handles the ground so for a bit of fun I'll try 5pt ew at 33/1 and just hope I get a good run 

Rhythmic intent 5pts ew 33/1 bet365 

One Trixie and some singles today

1.00 Pont Ghadbbaan 2/1

1.30 Pont Fast And Loose 2/1

3.15 Pont Lethal Levi 15/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 52.11

2.40 Pont Peter The Great 1 pt win at 4.1 & Love Is Golden 1 pt win at 14.5 (good luck to @richard-westwood)

3.50 Pont Savvy Victory 1 pt win at 5.6

1.50 Ex Ring the Moon 1 pt win at 74

5.20 Ex West Approach 1 pt win at 5.8 (where is @Darranwhen I need him?)

3.25 Sou Daniel Daronda 1 pt win at 5.0

Total stakes = 10 points today

Good luck to all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.15 Lethal Levi 2.30 pts win at 2.82

Total stakes now 12.30

Edited by The Equaliser
Update

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Just ticking along waiting to rate the grand national thurs lol ......

240 pont 

Injazati    8.8  5/4 

Rhythmic intent   8.6  33/1 

Love is golden   8.2  15/2 

Pride of America   8.0 

Tricky race .....bookies have injazati as short fav and its quite possible there is more to come but has to overcome a layoff ....love is golden has had a run so shoukd strip much fitter today so I'd expect a good run ....pride of America won on comeback on all weather but is unknown on soft  .. .the obvious value bet seems to be rhythmic intent ....its possible he needs further but a fast run hard race could play into his hands as he stays further and handles the ground so for a bit of fun I'll try 5pt ew at 33/1 and just hope I get a good run 

Rhythmic intent 5pts ew 33/1 bet365 

Never turned up ....disappointing ...pride 2nd ...Injaz 3rd 

Edited by richard-westwood

4 hours ago, calva decoy said:

With Aintree on the doorstep we have 5 Flat meetings tomorrow in UK & Ireland ?

I think I will try and stick to the All-Weather on the flat and the remainder over the jumps throughout April.  The bookies are having a field day with shock results everywhere.  There used to be some advice about not getting stuck into the flat proper but I can't remember what date this was.  I thought it was no bets on the flat before the Craven meeting at Newmarket but this is coming on the 12th of April and seems to be too soon from what I can see of most recent erratic results

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

One Trixie and some singles today

1.00 Pont Ghadbbaan 2/1

1.30 Pont Fast And Loose 2/1

3.15 Pont Lethal Levi 15/8

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 52.11

2.40 Pont Peter The Great 1 pt win at 4.1 & Love Is Golden 1 pt win at 14.5 (good luck to @richard-westwood)

3.50 Pont Savvy Victory 1 pt win at 5.6

1.50 Ex Ring the Moon 1 pt win at 74

5.20 Ex West Approach 1 pt win at 5.8 (where is @Darranwhen I need him?)

3.25 Sou Daniel Daronda 1 pt win at 5.0

Total stakes = 10 points today

Good luck to all

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.15 Lethal Levi 2.30 pts win at 2.82

Total stakes now 12.30

RESULTS UPDATE

Very erratic results, I'll avoid the flat meetings for the rest of April at least.  The form needs some time to settle down.  Too many long shots coming in.  Let's hope that @Zilzalianfinds some of them

Two winners today which just about retrieved stakes but a lot of disappointing runs from market leading contenders

+0.48 pts = MTD -39.54 & YTD  -195.35

35 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I think I will try and stick to the All-Weather on the flat and the remainder over the jumps throughout April.  The bookies are having a field day with shock results everywhere.  There used to be some advice about not getting stuck into the flat proper but I can't remember what date this was.  I thought it was no bets on the flat before the Craven meeting at Newmarket but this is coming on the 12th of April and seems to be too soon from what I can see of most recent erratic results

I basically do the flat May to October and the jumps November to April, it keeps things nice and simple and generally means that form has settled down. It means that some day there are no bets but that's not a bad thing to have the occasional bet free day.

11 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I basically do the flat May to October and the jumps November to April, it keeps things nice and simple and generally means that form has settled down. It means that some day there are no bets but that's not a bad thing to have the occasional bet free day.

Very sound advice.  I can't remember the period you use for the All-Weather.  Can you remind me please?