** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Apr 5th - 11th

Coventry City (+0.5)  @1.92

Analysis:

The Championship clash at The City Ground on Wednesday sees home side Nottingham Forest take to the field against opponents Coventry City.

Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest won 4-1 away at Blackpool in the last round, going eight league games unbeaten and putting up a good overall performance. They are currently seventh and just one point out of the play-off places and will be going all out. And with 7 wins, 2 draws and 1 loose at home, they are confident.

Coventry City
Coventry, who drew 2-2 at home to Blackburn in the last round, have not win 3 games in a row and are out of form and morale. They have been poor defensively of late, conceding goals in eight consecutive league games, and have struggled away from home this season, winning just five times in 18 league games.

Reading vs Cardiff

OK, so I've just about recovered from that South Wales Derby humiliation last week to pop my head back above the parapet. It's Reading versus Cardiff this Saturday afternoon at 3pm BST from the Select Car Leasing Stadium. The home team still aren't safe from the relegation battle but can they pick up a much-needed win against an away side whose manager has just been awarded the Manager of the Month award for March?

Reading took the controversial decision to appoint former Blackburn and MK Dons manager Paul Ince in an interim role after the sacking of Veljko Paunovic and despite a slow start to his tenure, the Royals have now gone 4 league games unbeaten. The stark improvement has come in the defensive performances with the team. The team has conceded 75 goals in 40 league games so far this season but it's just 3 goals conceded in their last 4 league matches. The club have also won 3 of their last 4 home league games including their last two on home turf back-to-back. The team remains just one place above the relegation zone but they're now 8 points clear of the relegation places.

Cardiff will be keen to make amends for the atrocious display in the 4-0 home loss to rivals Swansea last weekend. It was a result that saw Steve Morison and the players come under fire from the fans for their lack of fight, work rate, and resilience. The Bluebirds are still in 17th position and have have lost just 1 of their last 5 league games. However, it is now 2 from their last 3 league matches without even scoring. There was criticism aimed at Morison for not starting the likes of Isaak Davies and Rubin Colwill against Swansea so it'll be interesting to see if he swallows his pride and starts them here. I'm no expecting too much to change in terms of personnel but I'm sure Morison gave the players a rocket up the rear after that dismal showing last week.

This is a fixture that isn't full of fond memories for Cardiff recently. Reading are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings with the Welsh side. In fact, the last time Cardiff won at Reading's ground was back on 19th November, 2011. I'm not overly optimistic after last weekend's game. It feels like these players are running out of steam. Still, this is a poor Reading side who may be in decent form but I still think we are better than them at our best with them at their best. I'll cautiously go for a draw but I think it'll be a good point if we can get it.

Draw @ 3.30 with SportNation

BTTS @ 2.00 with QuinnBet

Bristol City vs Peterborough

2022-04-09T16:00+02:00

Bristol City

Doubtful: Antoine Semenyo (25/6 f), Joe Williams (18/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Tomas Kalas (35/0 d), George Tanner (12/1 f), Callum O’Dowda (20/1 m), Andy King (12/1 m), Nathan Baker (15/1 d)

Suspended: -

Peterborough

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Joel Randall (6/0 m), Oliver Norburn (36/0 m, captain), Kyle Barker (0/0 m), Steven Benda (9/0 g), Dan Butler (22/0 d), Nathan Thompson (27/1 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Bristol City
20 home games
Peterborough
20 away games
80% Over 1.5 goals 90%
55% Over 2.5 goals 70%
20% Over 3.5 goals 35%
15% Over 4.5 goals 5%
0% Over 5.5 goals 5%
20% Under 1.5 goals 10%
45% Under 2.5 goals 30%
85% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 70%
35% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 40%
10% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 10%

I can't get used to Forest winning all the time! But we look worth backing on Friday, Nathan Jones talking about their injury crisis and apparently 2 more players limped off against Huddersfield (I don't think Lansbury is much of a loss to be honest ?). Currently 8/5 with Betfred and I can see that shortening a bit.