** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 31st March

Some of you might remember that I have a share in a filly in Australia and she has the first start of her 2nd prep on Thursday morning at Kyneton (R3 4.30am). I think she has a decent chance at a double figure price and here are my thoughts on the leading contenders.

Belle Et Riche - 3rd on debut at Moe last August wasn't a bad race with the winner winning at Moonee Valley since and the 4th won on its next start. That was on a Heavy 9 but seems to handle quicker ground based on her jump outs.

Kashmere Star - Good 3rd on debut at Mornington in November behind an impressive winner who had been running in Group races. 

Let Fly - Was 2nd on her debut last April, but then not so good in her next two starts. Returned this prep with a fast finishing 2nd over course and distance 2 weeks ago. If she can repeat that effort then has a big chance here.

Whywhywhydeliah - Was sent off fav on debut, but was disappointing. Stepped up on that on her 2nd start when 3rd 3 weeks later. 

Beneficio - She has progressed well since her last prep and was impressive when winning a jumpout recently. Usually she would have had a trial after that, but she's in such good form that the trainer has decided to send her straight to a race instead. The downside is she has drawn the outside stall, but she has so much speed from the gates that I think she will be able to track across without using too much energy up. The only other speed in the race from what I can see will come from Excela Bella who is actually drawn inside her so they might be able to come over together. She was a bit disappointing at Ballarat on the final start of her first prep, but she didn't seem to let herself down on the ground that day and the close 2nd over course and distance was a top class effort. On that effort she has a great e/w chance here.

Verdict - I think the winner will come from the above 5 and I do think Beneficio is over priced at 10/1. The question will be if she can hold off the finishers in the final furlong, but at the very least I think she can finish in the first 3. I can see why Belle Et Riche is favourite, but I think Let Fly is the one who can take this out. He has the benefit from a recent race and clearly course and distance suits well based on that 2nd a couple of weeks ago. Obviously I hope Beneficio will be able to hold on, but if Let Fly repeats her finishing effort from a couple of weeks ago then she might just lose her maiden tag.

Let Fly @ 11/4 with Paddy Power, William Hill, Betfair and Coral
Beneficio e/w @ 10/1 with everyone apart from William Hill

• Darran changed the title to Racing Chat - Thursday 31st March

My Trixie today is:

1.00 War Flaming Ambition 9/4

3.00 Lin Safety First 7/2

3.50 War Head Law 6/5

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return 63.84

Singles:

3.00 Lin Ravi Road 1 pt win at 11.00

Outsiders:

1.00 War The Silver Ginge 0.5 pt 50/1

2.30 Naas Comedaygoday 0.5 pt 16/1

4.15 Naas Lonracha 0.5 pt 16/1

5.20 Naas Nights Of Doyen 0.5 pt at 33/1

= 7 points staked

Chelmsford. 

Doubles. 

3.30.Fen Tiger       7/1... unpl 

4.05.Vape.              20/1.. unpl 

singles & double 

4.40.Dubai Emperor.     5/4... unpl 

5.10.Tilsworth  Ony. Ta.   11/2... 2nd 

singles & double 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

1.00 War Flaming Ambition 9/4

3.00 Lin Safety First 7/2

3.50 War Head Law 6/5

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return 63.84

Singles:

3.00 Lin Ravi Road 1 pt win at 11.00

Outsiders:

1.00 War The Silver Ginge 0.5 pt 50/1

2.30 Naas Comedaygoday 0.5 pt 16/1

4.15 Naas Lonracha 0.5 pt 16/1

5.20 Naas Nights Of Doyen 0.5 pt at 33/1

= 7 points staked

RESULTS UPDATE

Pity that Safety First failed to fire.  At least I got a double and a miniscule profit of 0.15 pts.  MTD -43.74 & YTD -155.81.  I am hoping to do better next month