** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tour Championship

Fader

24 minutes ago, Stephen1993 said:

Winning the scrappy frames will be crucial today as its likely to go down to the wire. 

Who is the better safety player ? 

I've found when it gets scrappy, Ronnie hasn't the patience. He won't be drawn into safety games. He doesn't even put the player back in half the time and plays from where the foul is given. So in that regard, Robertson would be favoured.

very high quality session. Ronnie started like a train. 3 centuries already for him. Robertson has hit 1 but should have atleast had 2 missing the final red.

4-4 and lots more snooker to be played this evening.

22 minutes ago, Stephen1993 said:

Neil will be the happier with 4 - 4 

After going 4-1 down, yeah. Both have played really well, though. I'd be surpised if Higgins/Brecel could match this kind of level at the moment.

great to see Robertson come through after going 9-8 down. I have NO idea how he only got 2 centuries. Could have had 5, like Ronnie. Ronnie played excellent, too. It was another great match. The quality has been really high in some of these matches. Robertson into the final to play tomorrows winner.

Who will we get in the final alongside Robbo then? Higgins takes on Brecel. It's nigh on impossible to predict which Higgins turns up today and you could probably say the same about Brecel. Brecel actually started really bad against Trump and looked really nervous but Trump being so bad in that match, he gave him the confidence to go on and make a great start. I wonder if Higgins does start well then this game could get away from Brecel but if Higgins plays like against Xintong then there is only one winner.

I don't see the point in me betting on Brecel when I have him ew but I do think he looks value. I will have an interest bet on the following. I don't think we will see many centuries in this one. Can see lots of 50+ breaks and a match that's likely going to be a close one.

I've requested a bet from paddy which is

over 15.5 frames, under 2.5 centuries and both players to hit 4+ 50+ breaks

If that gets on the site then I will be on that.

2pts Brecel to have a 50+ break in both the first and second frame 6/1 paddypower

Surely Brecel or Higgins won't have enough quality to beat Robertson in tomorrow's final lads? 

Trump was pathetic, Brecel took his chances,  but was never under pressure. Today his looked poor. 

Higgins was very lucky against Xintong, and looks poor again today 

6/1 winner as Brecel hits 50+ in frame 1 and 2 and indeed went 3-0 up and should  have gone 4-1 up and then, well, he sh*t the bed and Higgins took over. 

5-3 after the afternoon session. I can't see Brecel getting back into it but we shall see.

8 hours ago, Fader said:

Who will we get in the final alongside Robbo then? Higgins takes on Brecel. It's nigh on impossible to predict which Higgins turns up today and you could probably say the same about Brecel. Brecel actually started really bad against Trump and looked really nervous but Trump being so bad in that match, he gave him the confidence to go on and make a great start. I wonder if Higgins does start well then this game could get away from Brecel but if Higgins plays like against Xintong then there is only one winner.

I don't see the point in me betting on Brecel when I have him ew but I do think he looks value. I will have an interest bet on the following. I don't think we will see many centuries in this one. Can see lots of 50+ breaks and a match that's likely going to be a close one.

I've requested a bet from paddy which is

If that gets on the site then I will be on that.

2pts Brecel to have a 50+ break in both the first and second frame 6/1 paddypower

3 hours ago, Stephen1993 said:

Surely Brecel or Higgins won't have enough quality to beat Robertson in tomorrow's final lads? 

Trump was pathetic, Brecel took his chances,  but was never under pressure. Today his looked poor. 

Higgins was very lucky against Xintong, and looks poor again today 

every match is different, isn't it. Went to a deciding leg last time they played and Robertson won. I think Robbo is too strong for anybody right at this moment but Higgins will give him a match.

Here are then, the final. Brecel got into 7-7 lastnight and had chances to go 8-7 up. Once again though, some odd, dodgy mistakes allowed Higgins to win. Higgins isn't going to get those kind of errors from Robertson so one thing is for sure, if Higgins plays like he has done already then he loses. However, Higgins could easily turn up today and if he does then we're going to be in for another tight one. Higgins though, as made 4 finals this year and lost all 4 and that includes one against Robertson in which he was 8-6 up in a first to 9. In another, the Northern Ireland Open, he was also 8-6 up and lost 9-8. There is some scar tissue there, in finals, for John. 

I'm happy to leave the outright bet but as usual I will take an interest bet on the match too, which are the following :

2pts Robertson to pot the first ball, 3+ century breaks and win 7/2 paddypower
2pts 17 or more frames and Robertson highest break 9/4 paddypower
1pt Robertson to hit 5+ centuries 11/1 paddypower

Just now, charliepie said:

Higgins must be close to topping himself after losing 5 finals this season! Congrats on winning yr outright, hell of a way to do it but they all count.

I thought if Robbo could be close then Higgins can always bottle it near the end because he done it in another 2 finals being like 3/4 frames ahead and losing but Robbo was too far away for me to think it would happen tonight. One good thing for Higgins was he was flipping excellent for majority of the match and outplayed Robbo.