** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - April 11 - April 17

I'm going to back Tsitsipas to win in Monte Carlo. He's had a slow start to the season, but this is the perfect opportunity to kick-start it on his favourite surface and at a tournament he won last year. He should be able to beat Schwartzman next, where his serve should give him the edge against an opponent who's been having to fight through his matches so far. After that he would play Sinner or Zverev and I think he wins that. Sinner is still quite inconsistent and has been suffering with blisters and Sascha still looks short on confidence right now. If Tsitsipas does make it through the next couple of rounds then his opponent in the final arguably won't be as good as those he beat to get there.

30pts Tsitsipas to win ATP Monte Carlo @ 3.16 Betfair Exchange

Edited by Torque

Zverev is carrying and injury, not sure how serious. Both should be quite tired, such a match doesn't lend itself to betting too well. In the other match, I'd back Dimitrov if I had to. Just seems to have that run in himself at the moment, before he loses to someone outside the Top 100 in the next event.

13 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Cracking match with Tsitsipas going from 0-4 to 6-4 in the final set, though he should've really won 6-2 6-4!

Got very lucky with my outright there. Bonkers match. Should have been all over in two easy sets but then Diego does what he often does and just finds a way to fight back - needed help from Tsitsipas though. I missed the first part of the final set so didn't know that Tsitsipas had gone a double-break down - if I'd been watching it I'd definitely have thought Diego was going to win. He only went down to 1.05 though, so the market certainly wasn't convinced as you wouldn't have been able to back Tsitsipas if it was him in that situation. I suppose in the end the struggles that Diego was having all tournament to hold on to his serve finally caught up with him.

Armed with the knowledge that Sascha isn't fully fit, I'm going back in on Tsitsipas to win the title. It was a little concerning to see him nearly throw away what should have been a routine win against Diego, but he deserves some credit for the comeback especially as Diego can be a stern test on the clay because he never gives in. It might even have done him some good to come through such a tough match.

45pts Tsitsipas to win ATP Monte Carlo @ 2.33 Betfair Exchange

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Zverev is carrying and injury, not sure how serious. Both should be quite tired, such a match doesn't lend itself to betting too well. In the other match, I'd back Dimitrov if I had to. Just seems to have that run in himself at the moment, before he loses to someone outside the Top 100 in the next event.

that last part is freacking hilarious but so true..the dimitrov and wawrinka way.

anyone seeing fokina with a shot at winning ? My only concern is the bottlejob that tsitsipas did at the end of the 2nd set against schwartzman and if he goes behind 4-0 nil against fokina he ain't coming back, davidovich has bigger weapons than schwartzman and a better serve.

9 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Looking forward to the beer @Torque!

I did wonder if he was going to muck it up when he didn't serve out at the end of the second. Thankfully he came through in the tie-break. That's a few times during this tournament where he's failed to serve out sets - something to look out for in his next matches.

Edited by Torque