** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - April 4 - April 10

Four matches at Monte Carlo catch my eye today.

Baez playing Majchrzak. I think Baez, with all of his clay court matches leading up to this match, has an easy time here.  He lost previous match against same opponent, but it was on hard court. My feeling is clay is a totally different matter.

Davidovich Fokina is a solid player who has had more than his fair share of injuries. I think he has way too much for Giron (not Garin) here.

I have a very hard time committing money to back Gregor Dimitrov. Just too flaky for me. If Basilashvili is half on his game this is going to be a tight, close match.

I also think Fucsovic v Harris is going to be very close. I see nothing between them, and Harris is definitely playing better. 

I will take Harris and Basilashvili as two separate single bets, expecting 1 of them to win, and Davidovich and Baez as a double.

42 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Four matches at Monte Carlo catch my eye today.

Baez playing Majchrzak. I think Baez, with all of his clay court matches leading up to this match, has an easy time here.  He lost previous match against same opponent, but it was on hard court. My feeling is clay is a totally different matter.

Davidovich Fokina is a solid player who has had more than his fair share of injuries. I think he has way too much for Giron (not Garin) here.

I have a very hard time committing money to back Gregor Dimitrov. Just too flaky for me. If Basilashvili is half on his game this is going to be a tight, close match.

I also think Fucsovic v Harris is going to be very close. I see nothing between them, and Harris is definitely playing better. 

I will take Harris and Basilashvili as two separate single bets, expecting 1 of them to win, and Davidovich and Baez as a double.

It has tobe Harris. Grigor has had good results in Monte Carlo and is arguably one of his favourite surfaces. I expect him to be fully focused here. 2:0

14 minutes ago, Simeon Borisof said:

It has tobe Harris. Grigor has had good results in Monte Carlo and is arguably one of his favourite surfaces. I expect him to be fully focused here. 2:0

That Basilashvili is such a strange player. Can be so good or absolutely awful. Has a similar game to Giorgi in intensity. It's all-in or all-out. I just watch Grigor and he makes me crazy.

2 hours ago, Simeon Borisof said:

clay is a100%  the least favorite surface for dimitrov and the least suited to his game.

1 hour ago, money44 said:

Hi All. Am I the only one here who wants to bet John Isner @ +130 in the Atp Houston Final?

I can see why you'd want to, as it looks a lot like a match that could go either way. If I were betting on this match though I think I'd go for no tie-breaks in the match. The expectation, understandably, is that there will be at least one tie-break and maybe more, but I've been surprised by how few breakers these two have been involved in so far this tournament. The odds say there will be at least one tie-break, with the line set at 1.5, and so no tie-breaks should be a juicy price although obviously risky.

Edited by Torque

2 minutes ago, Torque said:

I can see why you'd want to, as it looks a lot like a match that could go either way. If I were betting on this match though I think I'd go for no tie-breaks in the match. The expectation, understandably, is that there will be at least one tie-break and maybe more, but I've been surprised by how few breakers these two have been involved in so far this tournament. The odds say there will be at least one tie-break, with the line set at 1.5, and so no tie-breaks should be a juicy price although obviously risky.

I don't think I could be that gutsy to ever bet no tiebreakers in a match between these two titans. I will be interested to see if that actually comes true. Still deciding if i'm going to bet on Big John