** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 12th March

Darran

Ebbsfleet v Oxford City
Ross Jenkins was confirmed as the new manager in the week at Oxford which is well deserved given how well he has done since taking over as caretaker. In 9 games he's won 6, drawn 1 and lost 2. The two defeats were against the top 2 sides in the league, Dorking and Maidstone, so no disgrace in that. Ebbsfleet have won their last two, but this will be tougher. Obviously with home advantage they should be favourites, but Oxford City are very much over priced for this game and are well worth backing.

Tonbridge Angels v Braintree
Braintree continue to perform much better than their league position and it was no surprise that their manager got manager of the month for last month. They lost 1-0 at Maidstone on Tuesday night, but they were a bit unlucky to get anything at the team 2nd in the table. Granted Tonbridge had their keeper sent off after 10 minutes against Oxford last week, but they were still well beaten 5-0. I'd make Tonbridge slight favourites given home advantage, but for me Braintree are playing better at the moment and they too big a price.

Blyth Spartans v Chester
God knows why Chester are odds on for this. They have managed just one win in their last 10 games and have lost 5 on the bounce. In fairness Blyth aren't in great form either having lost 6 of their last 7 games, but my point is both teams are pretty bad and therefore to have the away side at odds on is way off on the price front. Chester have lost 11 of their 14 away games in the league and have won just one of them whilst Blyth are much better at home than they are away. I'm more than happy to get involved in the home side at 5/2.

Chorley v Southport
I mentioned the other week that Chorley seem to have lost their form at the moment and Darlington duly beat them 3-0 when I took them on. That was 3 games ago and since then they beat Chester and then lost to Spennymoor on Tuesday night. Granted Southport have only won once in their last 5, but that was against Hereford and they have only lost once in that spell. Last Saturday they got a very creditable draw against Brackley and they look capable of getting 3 points here.

Bamber Bridge v Grantham (Northern Premier)
League position wise you wouldn't want to back Grantham given they are bottom and 10 points from safety. As I highlighted last Saturday though Bamber Bridge are in awful form at the moment and they lost again on Tuesday night. Grantham are doing their best to survive as they have only lost once in their last 6 and have won 2 of their last 3 including against Morpeth on Tuesday night. No doubt in my mind who is playing better at the moment and Grantham look a good bet.

Oxford City 1pt @ 7/2 with Paddy Power and Betfair (Hills are 19/5 and take up to 9/4)
Braintree 2pts @ 23/10 with Paddy Power, Betfair and BetVictor (Hills are 13/5 and take up to 6/4)
Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 5/2 with William Hill Paddy Power and Betfair (Bet365 are 14/5 and take up to 6/4)
Southport 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365 and William Hill (take up to 2/1)
Grantham 2pts @ 9/4 with William Hill and Bet365 (Betfair and Paddys are 13/5 but given the gap I will settle at 9/4 take up to 6/4)

Thanks @Darran.

Being a follower of non league in the north I would back your calls on both Blyth and Grantham.  Earlier in the week they opened at 14/5 and 11/4, respectively.  

Staggering that Chester opened at 8/11 given their recent form and their abysmal away form over the season.  They are a young side with a few injuries at the moment and the bounce they gained when ex York City boss Steve Watson took charge has long since disappeared.  Blyth were unlucky to lose at Darlington last weekend and have added a couple of signings to their squad this week.  Unsurprisingly their odds have dropped significantly to 21/10, but I still see this as a 50/50 call with both teams around 6/4.

Just one more stat to add to Darran's  Bamber Bridge v Grantham write up;  Last 6 games Bamber GF 1 GA 13, Grantham GF 13 GA 12.  Plenty of goals in Grantham at the moment, especially if ex Dover player Ricky Miller starts today.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:19 AM, Darran said:

I'm just having an awful season match betting wise. Not given up hope of turning a profit yet, but its been one of the toughest season's I have had.

Swings and roundabouts. I remember a sort of similar season four years ago then you blew the tips out of the water on the final day.

Anyway, I follow tipsters form, and you are due a massive upswing imminently. Don't stop tipping FFS because you're likely to hit gold next load of tips or the ones after.