** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Masters

Fader

This got started yesterday. Not too many matches have appealled so far and the quality is somewhat lacking but there are a couple tonight that I like the look of. Here is the evening session :

Burden Vs N. Robertson
Murphy Vs Saengkham
Mann Vs Un-Nooh
Vafaei Vs McGill
Higginson Vs Maflin
Jak Jones Vs Trump

The 3 I like are Saengkham, Vafaei and Higginson.

Much of the Saengkham liking is the form of Shaun Murphy. He's still winning games and he hit a period of good play at the Northern Ireland Open, with a Quarter Final spot and a L16 spot at the German Masters but losing to the likes of Patrick and Jiahui, it's showing a lack of consistency. I think Saengkham is a decent price.

Vafaei takes on McGill and whilst it's been a couple of close matches, Vafaei has won the last 2 head-to-heads. Vafaei is having a real good season. He's made the L16 of the English Open and the UK Championship and then won the Shootout. I think his form is worth backing over McGills, who is playing decent stuff but I'd favour Vafaei.

Finally I'll take Higginson to beat Maflin. After a poor start to the season, a L16 Shootout spot has reignited Higginson. He has beaten Vafaei recently and looked very good in the 5-0 thrashing of O'Neill.

5pts Vafaei to beat McGill 11/10 bet365
4pts Higginson to beat Maflin 6/4 betfair
4pts Saengkham to beat Murphy 13/8 bet365

Yeah, 4-3 up, Higginson. Loses 5-4. What can you do? I thought Vafaei was awful. I watched that match. McGill played well but Vafaei was oddly poor. I will go with 2 today in the afternoon session. Jordan Brown to beat Dott is the first one. Brown has already beaten Selby in this event and thrahed Guodong 5-0. He only scored 2 50+ breaks in that 5-0 win but he didn't really need any more than that. Against Selby he scored a century and 2 50+ breaks, too. Dott has won a couple of deciding legs against Yuelong and Mark Davis. H2H shows Brown winning the last match and it could be a close match but I fancy Brown to see it through.

The other one I like at bigger prices is Zhengyi to beat Bingtao. Zhengyi is trolling me hard at the moment. I think he is playing some great stuff and he loses the first time I back him and then follows it up by beating Kyren Wilson when I don't back him. 4/1 is a big price for him to beat Bingtao.

5pts Brown to beat Dott 11/10 bet365
2pt Zhengyi to beat Bingtao 4/1 bet365

I give Fan his chances today and I think the +2.5 handicap is plenty enough to take the 8/11 on offer. I think the evening match between McGill and Wenbo should be high scoring galore as Wenbo has hit a century in 3 of his last 3 matches and holds the 2nd highest break of the tournament and McGill has also hit 3 centuries. I think it's worth taking the 6/4 on offer for no player to win 3 frames in a row. It's a "first to 5" so I think there's value in that. I was tempted too by Wenbo hitting the highest break but I'll stick with this.

5.5pts Zhengyi (+2.5 frames) to beat Gilbert 8/11 bet365
4pts Either player to win 3 frames in a row? NO! (McGill Vs Wenbo) 6/4 bet365
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold-   Zhengyi (+2.5 frames) / Ronnie (-2.5 frames) / Dott / Either player to win 3 in a row (McGill V Wenbo) 16.5/1 bet365

yesterday Day against Dott was shockingly bad, then Dott also was very very average; even the eurosport commentator was saying how a low level match it is; of course it doesn't mean that today Dott will also be that bad; but yesterday they both looked like ranked 80th or 90th players.

We'll likely see a better Dott today but you're right, a very poor performance and based on that and how well Fan has played, he is worth following today. He's beaten Kyren Wilson, Gilbert and Bingtao in this tournament and whilst I think he is feeling it abit, hopefully he can score well and take a big lead like last night