** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NOTEBOOK HORSES 2022

Gutted about Enemy fancied it for months lots of hard earned on. i think there was a lot going on there with the Williams stable that we will never know about, having said that, Enemy is a finisher and got no run at the optimum point but thats racing for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, black rabbit said:

im afraid i have not been able to establish how well its been working recently

as i no longer have direct contact with the yard / but earlyer in year i know

they expected this horse to be a "tool" in handicaps

Its 2yo speed figures were fine/good and suggests it can win this but sneaky suspicion it didnt train on or Fahey is manipulationg the H/cap mark/ at 16's 20's its worth the risk this time imo.

Just now, Zilzalian said:

Its 2yo speed figures were fine/good and suggests it can win this but sneaky suspicion it didnt train on or Fahey is manipulationg the H/cap mark/ at 16's 20's its worth the risk this time imo.

i have similar thoughts but cant let it run without a punt given what i was  told by someone i respect

in the game /

On 5/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, black rabbit said:

Cairn Gorm   4 y o    form fell apart last year / having shown great promise in early runs/

moved to mick appleby some months ago starts season off on a mark of 93 

given to understand he has started to work quite well 

runs saturday but not hopefull / sold on again out of appleby's before he raced this year

understand they having problems geting final "prep work into him"  still if he's a decent price

i cant let him run without a small punt

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, calva decoy said:

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Has loads of fancy entries , in my tracker for next 3 .

Runs this Saturday at Haydock in the 2.05 & back in class 2 handicap , is 4-1 with bet365 & last of my tracker runs , should be there or thereabouts .

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Novel Legend not in tracker no more @Zilzalian , cheers for heads up ?

I tend to weigh up the runs and look back to my original thoughts so i dont really stick to the 3 run rule which is the sensible option because it stops you following them over a cliff I backed Potapova on its 4th run just on the fact it was 20/1 i didnt back it initialy yesterday just on the fact it was 4/1 early then went out to 7/1 where i did back it to small stakes. Fanshawe i treat differently he slow burns them. so maybe i will bet it today if 6/1 or better, bad draw puts me off tho.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

I tend to weigh up the runs and look back to my original thoughts so i dont really stick to the 3 run rule which is the sensible option because it stops you following them over a cliff I backed Potapova on its 4th run just on the fact it was 20/1 i didnt back it initialy yesterday just on the fact it was 4/1 early then went out to 7/1 where i did back it to small stakes. Fanshawe i treat differently he slow burns them. so maybe i will bet it today if 6/1 or better, bad draw puts me off tho.

got very lucky with novel legend tried get on in running 7/1, price changed 8/1, price changed 10/1, price changed 9/1 thats when it accepted my bet

On 5/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, black rabbit said:

Cairn Gorm   4 y o    form fell apart last year / having shown great promise in early runs/

moved to mick appleby some months ago starts season off on a mark of 93 

given to understand he has started to work quite well 

out tomorrow 7 30 wolv's  have had a modest investment /

6 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

also out is trais fluer and tashkhan @kroni

Tashkhan weak in the betting, drifted to 11/1 so i put abit more on?, atleast he gets his ground today, Kyprios does look very good horse if the ground is ok for him he should win easily

On 5/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, calva decoy said:

SHAHBAZ :

Has just finished 4th on debut at Yarmouth over 7f on good chasing home 2 Godolphin & a Gosden type & was doing best work at the business end .

He is out of Free Eagle so an extra 1-3f would suit but definitely outran the 33/1 sp .

Note of caution , C.Fellowes like a lot of Newmarket trainers like to take their time with novices so may not see the best of this until 4th run but in the tracker for next 3 runs ?

Runs Wednesday 5th October in the 3.50 at Nottingham .

Has been upped in trip from the 7-8f which he's ran on his 4 previous starts to 10f , Fellowes has booked Spencer & the horse is well high in the weights off 81 so see what the markets think .

2nd 4/1 beaten 4L & no chance with winner , last of my tracker runs & UK flat horses for the year who've hit the bar way too often but , hey ho .

Edited by calva decoy