Jump to content
Announcements
** April Poker League Result : 1st Rhino_Power, 2nd muttley, =3rd Elliott Sutcliffe & Rav **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st PercyP, 2nd daisychain, 3rd Costello, 4th silver fox. KO Cup Winner Kingdom for. Most Winners bymatrix: **

NOTEBOOK HORSES 2022


Zilzalian
 Share

Recommended Posts

Feel free to add a horse and a brief reason.

Harrys Bar Meydan11th Feb Ran very well from a very bad draw.

Enemy        Meydan 18th Feb a unusually fast run race and thus speed figure won by the hugely impressive Manobo. Enemy came from a mile back and met a bit of obstruction to finish 4th at 66/1 stepped up to 1m6f for the first time by Ian Williams, (formerly trained in France by F Graffard) If it doesn't win here at Meydan it is one for the notebooks when returning to the UK.

Edited by Zilzalian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harrys Bar runs at Meydan Friday 25th Feb 14/1 bet365. down a furlong but theoretically that should be a plus, its last run was over 7f in a Listed race but most wins are at sprint trips and is better drawn this time so 14/1 in a 12 runner handicap represents good value in my book.

Very disappointing never in the race at any stage which always makes me a bit suspicious, maybe i will give it one more chance as long as the price is right.

Edited by Zilzalian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ENSHRINE :

Cheveley Park 2 yr old filly trained by W.Haggas who made her debut on Craven day over 7f in class 4 maiden .

She was green & slowly away before staying on well out the dip on the Rowley Mile to finish 2nd beaten 3.75L by the evens money race favourite , she'll probably benefit by going up 1f in trip .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SECURITY CODE

J.Gosden Territories Colt who won at Wolves over 8.5f , has had a 150 day break & giving a odds on Sir M.Stoute Kingman Colt Assessment in Cheveley Park silks 7Lb ran it to a short head 2nd place with the pair mike's clear of the rest on Yarmouth's good to firm 8f strip .

 

Straight in the tracker for next 3 runs .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Has loads of fancy entries , in my tracker for next 3 .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Has loads of fancy entries , in my tracker for next 3 .

 

 

Speed figure is nothing to write home about so tempers enthusiasm a little but yes it did look impressive in what only can be described as a moderate race. might be special but a tad of caution needs factoring in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Speed figure is nothing to write home about so tempers enthusiasm a little but yes it did look impressive in what only can be described as a moderate race. might be special but a tad of caution needs factoring in.

I don't bother with speed figures in the UK .

Which way was the wind blowing at Yarmouth today & how did that help or hinder the horses ?

How is different ground conditions taken into account ?

Way too many variables .

He's just a tracker horse over next 3 runs , I'll do probably 20 before June & just have a bit of small stakes fun .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

I don't bother with speed figures in the UK .

Which way was the wind blowing at Yarmouth today & how did that help or hinder the horses ?

How is different ground conditions taken into account ?

Way too many variables .

He's just a tracker horse over next 3 runs , I'll do probably 20 before June & just have a bit of small stakes fun .

Its a good policy for small stakes bets but in group races i tend to do big bets so have to take speed into account i dont do variables i just use pure figures never adjusted it seems to work better, not sure why to be honest but it does, if a horse runs and wins 5 times leading up to a group race but has never produced a decent speed figure then it is a big negative for me. One great example was Tenby in the derby a good few years ago 1990 i think trained by Cecil 4/5fav and was beaten 23 lengths that derby was won by cecils commander in chief his second string.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eyedon    a 3 y o c     with roger varian    

has been working all over some of his stablemates  for few weeks now/

whatever his faith in the Guineas tomorrow he has a touch in him {hopefully tomorrow ive had small investment at 33"s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, black rabbit said:

Eyedon    a 3 y o c     with roger varian    

has been working all over some of his stablemates  for few weeks now/

whatever his faith in the Guineas tomorrow he has a touch in him {hopefully tomorrow ive had small investment at 33"s 

ran fine race  4th { paid ew money} 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, calva decoy said:

ENSHRINE :

Cheveley Park 2 yr old filly trained by W.Haggas who made her debut on Craven day over 7f in class 4 maiden .

She was green & slowly away before staying on well out the dip on the Rowley Mile to finish 2nd beaten 3.75L by the evens money race favourite , she'll probably benefit by going up 1f in trip .

Runs in the 7.40 at Windsor 

Is 2/5 on ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

a winners a winner but yes 2/5 sp 2/9 is/was not very tempting.

I'll have a word with Haggas for you to place in a more competitive race next time out .

The horse improved & has some fancy entries but on last night's watch , I'd be avoiding , was a struggle .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, calva decoy said:

I'll have a word with Haggas for you to place in a more competitive race next time out .

The horse improved & has some fancy entries but on last night's watch , I'd be avoiding , was a struggle .

We can't know what the sp is or the race is going to be when we see one of these notebook horses so a win is a win. i think the back next three races for a "spot" is not a bad philiosophy unless like you say you wasn't impressed with the 1st run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, calva decoy said:

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Has loads of fancy entries , in my tracker for next 3 .

 

 

Runs at Sandown in Listed Thursday at 7.15 currently 9/4 but has the Queen's horse to & King Edward V11 current favourite to beat . 

3rd 8L behind the two joint favourites didn't have the quality over the last 1f ?

Edited by calva decoy
results update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SUMMARY/UPDATE

Date Posted by Horse 1st Run 2nd Run 3rd Run
18/02/22 Zilzalian Harrys Bar lost W 10/3 lost
18/02/22 Zilzalian Enemy W 11/1 lost  
01/03/22 Zilzalian Baratti W 11/10 (2/1 ep)    
16/04/22 calva decoy Enshrine W 2/9 (2/5 ep)    
18/04/22 Zilzalian Potapova      
19/04/22 calva decoy Security Code      
26/04/22 calva decoy Akhu Najla lost    
28/04/22 black rabbit Flash Bulb      
29/04/22 black rabbit Eyedon 4th 33/1 (4 places)    
30/04/22 Zilzalian Traise Fluors      
13/05/22 black rabbit Cairn Gorm      
13/05/22 kroni Tashkhan      
14/05/22 Zilzalian Beringer      
17/05/22 Zilzalian Katey Kontent      
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...