Announcements
** April Poker League Result : 1st Rhino_Power, 2nd muttley, =3rd Elliott Sutcliffe & Rav **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st PercyP, 2nd daisychain, 3rd Costello, 4th silver fox. KO Cup Winner Kingdom for. Most Winners bymatrix: **

NOTEBOOK HORSES 2022

Zilzalian

Feel free to add a horse and a brief reason.

Harrys Bar Meydan11th Feb Ran very well from a very bad draw.

Enemy        Meydan 18th Feb a unusually fast run race and thus speed figure won by the hugely impressive Manobo. Enemy came from a mile back and met a bit of obstruction to finish 4th at 66/1 stepped up to 1m6f for the first time by Ian Williams, (formerly trained in France by F Graffard) If it doesn't win here at Meydan it is one for the notebooks when returning to the UK.

Edited by Zilzalian

Harrys Bar runs at Meydan Friday 25th Feb 14/1 bet365. down a furlong but theoretically that should be a plus, its last run was over 7f in a Listed race but most wins are at sprint trips and is better drawn this time so 14/1 in a 12 runner handicap represents good value in my book.

Very disappointing never in the race at any stage which always makes me a bit suspicious, maybe i will give it one more chance as long as the price is right.

Edited by Zilzalian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ENSHRINE :

Cheveley Park 2 yr old filly trained by W.Haggas who made her debut on Craven day over 7f in class 4 maiden .

She was green & slowly away before staying on well out the dip on the Rowley Mile to finish 2nd beaten 3.75L by the evens money race favourite , she'll probably benefit by going up 1f in trip .

SECURITY CODE

J.Gosden Territories Colt who won at Wolves over 8.5f , has had a 150 day break & giving a odds on Sir M.Stoute Kingman Colt Assessment in Cheveley Park silks 7Lb ran it to a short head 2nd place with the pair mike's clear of the rest on Yarmouth's good to firm 8f strip .

Straight in the tracker for next 3 runs .

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Has loads of fancy entries , in my tracker for next 3 .

3 hours ago, calva decoy said:

AKHU NAJLA :

2.7 Million Guinea Kingman Colt who on sole run as a 2 year old at Leicester over 7f finished 2nd beaten a neck .

Had maiden run as a 3 year old today at Yarmouth over 8f & romped home by an impressive 6.5L .

Speed figure is nothing to write home about so tempers enthusiasm a little but yes it did look impressive in what only can be described as a moderate race. might be special but a tad of caution needs factoring in.

7 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Speed figure is nothing to write home about so tempers enthusiasm a little but yes it did look impressive in what only can be described as a moderate race. might be special but a tad of caution needs factoring in.

I don't bother with speed figures in the UK .

Which way was the wind blowing at Yarmouth today & how did that help or hinder the horses ?

How is different ground conditions taken into account ?

Way too many variables .

He's just a tracker horse over next 3 runs , I'll do probably 20 before June & just have a bit of small stakes fun .

2 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

I don't bother with speed figures in the UK .

Which way was the wind blowing at Yarmouth today & how did that help or hinder the horses ?

How is different ground conditions taken into account ?

Way too many variables .

He's just a tracker horse over next 3 runs , I'll do probably 20 before June & just have a bit of small stakes fun .

Its a good policy for small stakes bets but in group races i tend to do big bets so have to take speed into account i dont do variables i just use pure figures never adjusted it seems to work better, not sure why to be honest but it does, if a horse runs and wins 5 times leading up to a group race but has never produced a decent speed figure then it is a big negative for me. One great example was Tenby in the derby a good few years ago 1990 i think trained by Cecil 4/5fav and was beaten 23 lengths that derby was won by cecils commander in chief his second string.

Eyedon    a 3 y o c     with roger varian    

has been working all over some of his stablemates  for few weeks now/

whatever his faith in the Guineas tomorrow he has a touch in him {hopefully tomorrow ive had small investment at 33"s 

On 4/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, black rabbit said:

Eyedon    a 3 y o c     with roger varian    

has been working all over some of his stablemates  for few weeks now/

whatever his faith in the Guineas tomorrow he has a touch in him {hopefully tomorrow ive had small investment at 33"s 

ran fine race  4th { paid ew money} 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 5:12 PM, calva decoy said:

ENSHRINE :

Cheveley Park 2 yr old filly trained by W.Haggas who made her debut on Craven day over 7f in class 4 maiden .

She was green & slowly away before staying on well out the dip on the Rowley Mile to finish 2nd beaten 3.75L by the evens money race favourite , she'll probably benefit by going up 1f in trip .

Runs in the 7.40 at Windsor 

Is 2/5 on ?

15 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

a winners a winner but yes 2/5 sp 2/9 is/was not very tempting.

I'll have a word with Haggas for you to place in a more competitive race next time out .

The horse improved & has some fancy entries but on last night's watch , I'd be avoiding , was a struggle .

2 hours ago, calva decoy said:

I'll have a word with Haggas for you to place in a more competitive race next time out .

The horse improved & has some fancy entries but on last night's watch , I'd be avoiding , was a struggle .

We can't know what the sp is or the race is going to be when we see one of these notebook horses so a win is a win. i think the back next three races for a "spot" is not a bad philiosophy unless like you say you wasn't impressed with the 1st run.

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, calva decoy said:

AKHU NAJLA :

Runs at Sandown in Listed Thursday at 7.15 currently 9/4 but has the Queen's horse to & King Edward V11 current favourite to beat . 

3rd 8L behind the two joint favourites didn't have the quality over the last 1f ?

Edited by calva decoy
results update

SUMMARY/UPDATE

Date Posted by Horse 1st Run 2nd Run 3rd Run
18/02/22 Zilzalian Harrys Bar lost W 10/3 lost
18/02/22 Zilzalian Enemy W 11/1 lost  
01/03/22 Zilzalian Baratti W 11/10 (2/1 ep)    
16/04/22 calva decoy Enshrine W 2/9 (2/5 ep)    
18/04/22 Zilzalian Potapova      
19/04/22 calva decoy Security Code      
26/04/22 calva decoy Akhu Najla lost    
28/04/22 black rabbit Flash Bulb      
29/04/22 black rabbit Eyedon 4th 33/1 (4 places)    
30/04/22 Zilzalian Traise Fluors      
13/05/22 black rabbit Cairn Gorm      
13/05/22 kroni Tashkhan      
14/05/22 Zilzalian Beringer      
17/05/22 Zilzalian Katey Kontent