** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby League Bets 2022

harry_rag

Same again in PNG v Wales though I'd say these are just about bets at the prices (PNG not being as big favourites as some of the other teams have been). That said, thinking about how I price this market I've arrived at the conclusion that there may be slightly more value than the numbers indicate. All in all (and with the benefit of the price boost I've been able to apply) I think it's worth chancing that at least one of these bets lands.

Tai 1st half try at 11/5 and Johnston 1st half try at 13/5 (v my minimum prices of 2/1 and 12/5).

Forecast to be heavy rain right throughout the game at Wigan this evening. Consequently I can envisage PNG going route 1 up the middle with their powerful forwards and having many play-the-balls close to the Welsh line. I was all set to back their hooker/dummy half Edwin Ipape to score but he is not in the Sporting Index tryscorer list. I wonder whether he is being saved for the quarter final next week.

If that's the case then the role should be covered by Wesser Tenza. I have bought his super mega try minutes at 13 (Spreadex).

Also backed under 49.5 match points at evens (skybet). [Was very tempted to sell match multis at 571 - but given how poor the French underdogs were yesterday I'm not trusting tonight's underdogs enough to keep it tight, although I've a hunch it will be a close, possibly low-scoring game in poor conditions].

43 minutes ago, Labrador said:

Forecast to be heavy rain right throughout the game at Wigan this evening. Consequently I can envisage PNG going route 1 up the middle with their powerful forwards and having many play-the-balls close to the Welsh line. I was all set to back their hooker/dummy half Edwin Ipape to score but he is not in the Sporting Index tryscorer list. I wonder whether he is being saved for the quarter final next week.

Looks like Ipape is starting. Not sure where that weather front came from, I'm sure the NW generally was clear last time I looked!

Yesterday I took PNG -26 which ended up being a winner , their first half was really impressive they were fired up full of energy , second half was quite clear they had a lot less energy. At the end of the second half for about 3-4 minutes they managed to stop 3 sets in a row 1 to 10 meters from their try line which is quite achievement.

Taking that into account I might take PNG +12 1st half against England, the two things that worry me is they have much less time to rest than England (2 days less) and that the refeering will for me clearly favor England (like it did in their previous games).

With England Women v Brazil Women on BBC2 at 2.30 this afternoon I couldn't resist a look at the limited markets to see if anything looked "value". The weather forecast for Headingley suggests light rain throughout the game, so it's a bit tempting to go with Brazil +65.5 at 10/11 Hills. However, it's impossible to get any handle on the ability of the Brazil ladies.

England's Georgia Roche plays scrum half or loose forward so should regularly be pretty active near the Brazil line. Roche has scored 5 tries in 6 games for England and 8 tries in 11 for Leeds Rhinos. That makes 4/6 (skybet) a bit of value for Georgia Roche to score a try.