** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 7 February

A couple of RPR/Timeform ratings suggestions today

3.35 Font Magnificent Ben 11/2, Envol De La Cour 6/1, Brown Bullet 7/1 and That Ole Chestnut 9/2 = 0.5 pts on each = 2 pts staked

4.40 Font Bolsover Bill 7/2, After The Fox 13/2 (not a rated prospect but below 9/1), Antony 6/1 and Bendy Bow 16/1 TF-3 & RP selection (8/1 last night)= 0.5 pts on each = 2 pts staked

I looked at the 8.00 at Wolves.  I could only find Masqool as a top rated contender but all the rest were howling outsiders so I have left the race alone

I am writing this up early so as to see how it compares with @richard-westwoodand/or @Wildgardenif they choose to bet in these races

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

3.35 Font Magnificent Ben 11/2, Envol De La Cour 6/1, Brown Bullet 7/1 and That Ole Chestnut 9/2 = 0.5 pts on each = 2 pts staked

4.40 Font Bolsover Bill 7/2, After The Fox 13/2 (not a rated prospect but below 9/1), Antony 6/1 and Bendy Bow 16/1 TF-3 & RP selection (8/1 last night)= 0.5 pts on each = 2 pts staked

I looked at the 8.00 at Wolves.  I could only find Masqool as a top rated contender but all the rest were howling outsiders so I have left the race alone

I am writing this up early so as to see how it compares with @richard-westwoodand/or @Wildgardenif they choose to bet in these races

i got magnificent ben and masqool. other not done.

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

2.10 Carl Zabeel Champion 13/8

2.45 Carl Lady Tremaine Evens (PL Nap)

4.10 Font Poniente 4/1

1 x 4 pt win Tirxie = poss return of 54.63 points

Single:

5.30 Wolv Golden Whisper 2 pts win at 3.24 = poss return of 6.38

= Total stakes of 10 points

Wolves Fun - Prices are Bet365
1655 - 3 Okaidi      5/1   6th
1730 - 3 Lincoln Dream    7/4  5th 
1800 - 1 Adaay In Asia      7/2  5th
1830 - 7 Northern     11/4  2nd
1900 - 3 Fox Power    4/1  WON
1930 - 7 Figures     4/1  2nd
2000 - 5 Dubai Emperor    6/1   WON
2030 - 4 Scarborough Castle   5/2  4th

Edited by ipswich45

17 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

8.00 w9lv @The Equaliser

Mythical madness 8.8 16.5 

I explicable  8.5  9.4 

Masquool 8.3 11/4 

Cuban hope  8.0 11.0 

2 point masqiuool ...1 ptvothers 

Well ....Mythical and inexplicable were 1st and 2nd in last furlong then conked out on the line  .....urgh ....Mythical 3rd and I think inexplicable 4th 

I noticed a lot on here seemed to have various naps on the 830 at Wolves myself included, I think we and a few throughout the country have had our hats nailed on, makes you wonder why we bother with form or anything but a pin in these crap races. My horse drifted 11/1 to 33/1 and it wasn't the only one many did. The winner? well 16+/1 into 3/1, the betting on many horses was in and out like a groom on his wedding night

54 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I noticed a lot on here seemed to have various naps on the 830 at Wolves myself included, I think we and a few throughout the country have had our hats nailed on, makes you wonder why we bother with form or anything but a pin in these crap races. My horse drifted 11/1 to 33/1 and it wasn't the only one many did. The winner? well 16+/1 into 3/1, the betting on many horses was in and out like a groom on his wedding night

good point and the money was on the winner.

9 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

2.10 Carl Zabeel Champion 13/8

2.45 Carl Lady Tremaine Evens (PL Nap)

4.10 Font Poniente 4/1

1 x 4 pt win Tirxie = poss return of 54.63 points

Single:

5.30 Wolv Golden Whisper 2 pts win at 3.24 = poss return of 6.38

= Total stakes of 10 points

RESULTS UPDATE

It's a pity that Zabeel Champion knocked out the last hurdle which put paid to its chances of winning the race.  I had two winners including my Nap and was returned £10.00 My first ratings bet returned £2.75 with That Ole Chestnut winning for me.  Funny enough I would have lost out by backing BSP on this occasion because I obtained 9/2 and it was backed into 2/1 favourite.  The best news of the day for me is that I can now Bet £1 instead of £2 minimum on the Betfair Exchange.

At least I achieved a small profit on the day of 2.75 points. This makes my MTD -25.48 & YTD -98.50

Three UK meetings tomorrow so I will have to check these out.

I see that Paul Nicholls was interviewed by the RP and said that it was a mystery why his horses are performing so badly.  He said he had a problem like this previously and at that time it was down to something being wrong with the hay.  I must confess that I didn't think that horses could suffer that badly just from eating the wrong type of food.

17 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

It's a pity that Zabeel Champion knocked out the last hurdle which put paid to its chances of winning the race.  I had two winners including my Nap and was returned £10.00 My first ratings bet returned £2.75 with That Ole Chestnut winning for me.  Funny enough I would have lost out by backing BSP on this occasion because I obtained 9/2 and it was backed into 2/1 favourite.  The best news of the day for me is that I can now Bet £1 instead of £2 minimum on the Betfair Exchange.

At least I achieved a small profit on the day of 2.75 points. This makes my MTD -25.48 & YTD -98.50

Three UK meetings tomorrow so I will have to check these out.

I see that Paul Nicholls was interviewed by the RP and said that it was a mystery why his horses are performing so badly.  He said he had a problem like this previously and at that time it was down to something being wrong with the hay.  I must confess that I didn't think that horses could suffer that badly just from eating the wrong type of food.

Unsuitable hay can lead to lots of problems.