** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Turkish Masters

Fader

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

That was ridiculous. Wenbo completely choked that away. Failing to get either the cue ball or the last red safe at the end of the 7th frame was where he lost if for me. Trump is there for the taking right now but nobody seems to have the minerals to get the job done.

So much of snooker is in the head. I don't think Wenbo believed he could win even at 4-1.

30 minutes ago, Torque said:

That was ridiculous. Wenbo completely choked that away. Failing to get either the cue ball or the last red safe at the end of the 7th frame was where he lost if for me. Trump is there for the taking right now but nobody seems to have the minerals to get the job done.

Just heard Trump interviewed afterwards. He was saying that Wenbo has trouble getting over the line. Can't be much fun when that's what your fellow players think of you and they're even prepared to say so.

Yeah, you can't have those demons in your head. You could see on Wenbo's face that he never once thought he would win. Jak Jones done same thing last week with Trump to be fair, to a less extent. So many players just buckle against the name instead of the performance.  Few I like tomorrow 

First of all I think Jiahui is worth covering on the handicap. Jiahui actually beat Ding the last time they played and whilst I obviously want Ding to win, he seems to go from stunning pots to silly mistakes shot-by-shot. Secondly, I'm going to take Selt to beat UnNooh. I had Selt to win against Xintong and although Xintong was pretty poor, Selt looked decent. More so though, Selt has won all 6 of their h2hs. That's crazy numbers.

Finally, I reckon Jak Jones is worth a punt against Murphy. Jak has beat Mark Allen and Vafaei in the last two and I think he is playing better than Murphy. 

6pts Jiahui (+2.5 frames) to beat Ding 4/6 bet365
5pts Selt to beat Un Nooh 11/10 bet365
4pts Jones to beat Murphy 7/4 bet365

15 hours ago, Fader said:

Yeah, you can't have those demons in your head. You could see on Wenbo's face that he never once thought he would win. Jak Jones done same thing last week with Trump to be fair, to a less extent. So many players just buckle against the name instead of the performance.  Few I like tomorrow 

First of all I think Jiahui is worth covering on the handicap. Jiahui actually beat Ding the last time they played and whilst I obviously want Ding to win, he seems to go from stunning pots to silly mistakes shot-by-shot. Secondly, I'm going to take Selt to beat UnNooh. I had Selt to win against Xintong and although Xintong was pretty poor, Selt looked decent. More so though, Selt has won all 6 of their h2hs. That's crazy numbers.

Finally, I reckon Jak Jones is worth a punt against Murphy. Jak has beat Mark Allen and Vafaei in the last two and I think he is playing better than Murphy. 

6pts Jiahui (+2.5 frames) to beat Ding 4/6 bet365
5pts Selt to beat Un Nooh 11/10 bet365
4pts Jones to beat Murphy 7/4 bet365

Looking good so far. Surprised you didn't go against Trump though.

47 minutes ago, Torque said:

Looking good so far. Surprised you didn't go against Trump though.

handicap is always worth taking but until he faces somebody who can finish him off, I'll let him find a way in each match. Carter might give him a match, tonight. He is playing well. Hopefully Yuelong beats him though. 

48 minutes ago, Fader said:

handicap is always worth taking but until he faces somebody who can finish him off, I'll let him find a way in each match. Carter might give him a match, tonight. He is playing well. Hopefully Yuelong beats him though. 

Looks like he might do now. Should have been 4-2 to Trump but went 3-3 instead and now 4-3 Yuelong. After winning four frames in a row yesterday to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat he'll now need to win the last two frames to repeat the trick. Two frames in a row is easier than four obviously, but you just wonder how many more lives he can possibly have. Wouldn't be surprised if that's in Trump's mind as well.

Carter is fresh and ready to go in the next round, too. They play the Quarter Finals in like an hour. If Trump goes through then I'll be on Carter.

Yuelong has made some shocking decisions and very poor shots when he's been in positions to win. Much like Wenbo, he has tried hard to throw this away. Shows in the head-2-head because Trump has won all 3 and Yuelong has won just one frame in those 3 matches prior to this. The choke will likely continue.

36 minutes ago, Fader said:

Carter is fresh and ready to go in the next round, too. They play the Quarter Finals in like an hour. If Trump goes through then I'll be on Carter.

Yuelong has made some shocking decisions and very poor shots when he's been in positions to win. Much like Wenbo, he has tried hard to throw this away. Shows in the head-2-head because Trump has won all 3 and Yuelong has won just one frame in those 3 matches prior to this. The choke will likely continue.

Carter has to be backed I agree. That said, it's starting to feel like Judd has done a deal with the Devil this week :lol

No real shock that Yuelong has blown that. It really was a choke, too. You never really thought that he would get over the line. Trump didn't need to play well.

Here's tonight's (literally 45mins away) Quarter Finals :

Gould Vs Selt
Dott Vs Ding
Lines Vs Murphy
Carter Vs Trump

Will be glad to see that one of Dott or Ding will be in a Semi-Finals against either Gould or Selt. Fingers crossed they make the final atleast for a pay-out. In terms of tonight, I think the value probably lies with Ali Carter to beat Trump. If you thought that Selt's record against Un-Nooh was one-sided (P6 W6) have a look at the h2h of Gould Vs Selt. Played 11 and all 11 won by Gould. That's one hell of a record for Gouldy. 

4pts Carter to beat Trump 15/8 paddypower

4 hours ago, Torque said:

Carter has to be backed I agree. That said, it's starting to feel like Judd has done a deal with the Devil this week :lol

Typical. First player he meets with the mentality to beat him and he wins more easily than the other matches :eyes