** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Turkish Masters

Fader

Qualification of the Turkish Masters get underway tomorrow until the 6th. We'll take a look at the outrights after the qualification rounds but tomorrow here is what we have :

10am;
Lu Ning Vs Peifan Lei
King Vs Surety
O'Donnell Vs Judge
Junxu Vs Hill

2.30pm:
Hamilton Vs Doherty
Highfield Vs Hugill
Selt Vs Anda
Guodong Vs Si

7:00pm :
Grace Vs P. Lines
Lisowski Vs Lilley
Brown Vs Langning
Maguire Vs Jianbo

I like the look of going with Surety on the handicap. He has won both of the h2hs and although one was a long time ago, the other was in 2020. Main reason for the bet though is Mark Kings form. He had a great start to the season with a last 32 at the Northern Ireland open and then a Semi Final of the English Open but since going out of the UK Championship he has lost 4 out of 5 ignoring the Shoot Out. I think Surety can keep it close, atleast.

In the 2.30pm matches Im going to take Hugill, again with the handicap. I think Hugill has a chance against Highfield. He has been playing well for a while now and scoring well. He has beaten Kyren Wilson this season already and has lost a few deciding legs and so his record looks alot worse than he has played. Highfield has had a few poor results this season and has lost to Greene and 4-0 to Jianbo. His form is patchy and I think the +1.5 start may be enough for Hugill.

Finally, in the last section I'll take Lines to beat Grace. We haven't seen Grace since November and that's a while without Snooker. Peter Lines has had a really good UK Championship and only went out to the eventual winner. He has a good record against Grace despite how long ago it was and he's just won the UK Seniors last month.

5.5pts Surety (+2.5 frames) to beat King 8/11 bet365
4pts P.Lines to beat Grace 6/4 bet365
3pts Hugill (+1.5 frames) to beat Highfield evens bet365
------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts treble - Surety, Lines and Hugill all to win 28/1 bet365

Thursday, Day 2. Here's what we have :

10am :
Higginson Vs J O'Neill
Jak Jones Vs Greene
J. Robertson Vs Young
Milkins Vs Bond

2.30pm :
Ursenbacher Vs Cahill
O'Connor Vs Mann
R. Williams Vs Burden
Craigie Vs Lam

7pm :
McGill Vs Clarke
Gilbert Vs Hicks
Holt Vs Astley
Akani Vs M. White

I must admit, it's not a card that fills me with joy and I'll most likely be far more interested in watching the Darts. I'll just take a 4-fold tomorrow, to get some sort of value. 

2pts Higginson / Milkins / Craigie (-1.5) / Akani (-1.5) 5/1 bet365

Nothing took my fancy this morning in this event. I've had a look at the rest of the card and the only one that I like the look of is Fraser Patrick on the handicap to beat Carrington. Carrington won one match at the English Open (beating Miah) but then got beat 4-0 by Brecel. He won one match at the UK Championship (beat Jianbo) and then lost to Bingham 6-2 and then the same at the Scottish Open. Beat Lisowski (although a very poor quality match) and then lost 4-0 to Jamie Jones. It's not glittering form but he has played some half decent players. 

Fraser Patrick had a real good English Open, in November. He beat Vafaei, Murphy and gave Brecel a run for his money. Since then though, a poor showing against Joe Perry at the UK Championships and out early at the Scottish Open in a deciding leg to Guodong. The fact he has beaten Murphy, Bingham and Vafaei in the past 3-4 months though shows he has the form to make the match close, atleast.

They've played once, but it was the Snooker Shootout a couple years ago. Patrick won that. 

2.5pts Patrick (+1.5 frames) to beat Carrington 6/5 betvictor

• 1 month later...

Turkish Masters. Plenty of matches tomorrow. Here is the line up :

Morning :
Hugill Vs J. Brown
Lisowski Vs O'Donnell
Gould Vs Grace

Un-Nooh Vs Turker

Afternoon :
Ursenbacher Vs Selt
Page Vs Lichtenberg
K.Wilson Vs McLeod
Kleckers Vs Holt
M.White Vs Xintong

Evening :
Hamilton Vs Ford
Dott Vs Donaldson
Higgins Vs Emery
Jiahui Vs McGill

I'm going to take a punt on Hugill tomorrow. He didn't score too impressively in his win over Highfield here last round but he's beaten Lisowski and Carter also just last week, so the form is certainly there. He gave a good account for himself against Bingtao and Ronnie, too. Jordan Brown played well in beating Langning here. Scored 5 50+ breaks in the 5-2 win. He lost to Mann at the Welsh Open previously though. Can totally see why Brown is favourite but 13/8 is too big for Hugill.

In the afternoon matches, I think McLeod is massively disrespected against Kyren Wilson. Wilson has won the last 3 and will no doubt win again but the last "race to 5" matches were 5-4 and 5-3 and so McLeod +3.5 handicap at around evens or odds on is quite generous. I'll take that. Kyren Wilson isn't firing on all cylinders right now and has had some dodgy results here and there.

Finally, in the evening sessions, I will take Dott to do what he did only a few weeks back and beat Donaldson again. Dott looks in pretty good nick right now and as we all know, he is a real true battler on the table and won't give up on these kind of events. He won 5-0 in the qualification rounds against Maddocks and has only lost to Neil Robertson and Fan Zhengyi (who won the event) in his last 10. The other match that was well worthy of a punt was Jiahui to beat McGill. They've only played once and Jiahui won 2-0 in a WST Pro match. This match is a first to 5 but Jiahui is scoring well and is a good player and so 5/2 just is too big for me to ignore.

4pts Hugill to beat Brown 13/8 bet365
5.5pts McLeod (+3.5 frames) to beat K.Wilson 8/11 coral
5.5pts Dott to beat Donaldson 8/11 bet365 
2pts Jiahui to beat McGill 5/2 coral

McLeod was woeful but glad to see Dott and Jiahui won, There are a few outright bets that I want to go for before we continue in the morning. The first one is Jack Lisowski to finally get a ranking win. I told myself that I would never bother with the Michael Smith of Snooker but he has to come through in the end. Surely? The next player that I will back is Graeme Dott. I had him to beat Donaldson and despite getting pegged back to 3-3 from taking a good lead and 4-4, he took the deciding leg with a real quality frame. I think he is playing some goof stuff and is worth a punt.

Third, i am going to give Ding a second chance. I really thought he was going to beat Ronnie last week and go on and win the tournament and based on the first couple of frames it looked but he just went back into his shell and threw it away with some awful shots. With no Ronnie here, I'll give him another chance. Finally, Ricky Walden has been showing signs that he's ready to take a ranking event and he's my final selection.

2pts e/w D. Junhui to win Turkish Masters 16/1 betfair
1.5pts e/w J. Lisowski to win Turkish Masters 20/1 betfair
1pt e/w R. Walden to win Turkish Masters 33/1 ladbrokes
1pt e/w G. Dott to win Turkish Masters 40/1 ladbrokes

Friday 24 Dec 2021 09:19AM

Judd Trump will have his eyes set firmly on the £100,000 top prize when he competes in the inaugural Nirvana Turkish Masters in 2022.

The venue for the new world ranking event was confirmed last week – the magnificent Nirvana Cosmopolitan Hotel in Antalya. The tournament will run from March 7 to 13 in 2022 and it will be the first professional event staged in Turkey, under a four-year agreement between WST, the Turkish Billiards Federation and Big Break Promotions.

"Looking at the money and the £100,000 first prize, it is actually one of the bigger events of the season,” said Trump, who is an ambassador for Select Car Leasing.

Source: wst.tv

I expect Trump to show up extremely motivated and probably reach the Final again, right after the Welsh Open Final which was a big failure for him - a lopsided defeat at the hands of Perry (9-5).

two for me tomorrow. First bet is Zhengyi to beat Yuelong. Hard to know what we're going to get with Fan, after winning his first ranking event. Alot of the time, it's worth laying in this scenario but getting evens about the form containing against Yuelong is worth the price. My other bet on the day will be Maguire to beat Un-Nooh with the hanidacp. Un-Nooh is bang out of form right now and in a tournament where there are alot of ranking points at stake, that brings more pressure for Un-Nooh.

4pts Zhengyi to beat Yuelong evens betfair
5pts Maguire (-1.5 frames) to beat Un-Nooh 11/10 betfair

Would be nice if some of these players had an ounce of talent, too. Drives me nuts. Fan 2-0 up. 3-1 up. 4-3 up. Loses 5-4. My fault for betting on somebody just back from a ranking win.

Maguire though! 3-0 up! loses 4 in a row and now he's 4-3 down and the handicap bet is lost. I HAVE to stop betting on Maguire because he is UTTER dross. To me he isn't even a top 50 player no more. 

Yeah, it's bad enough when a player does that but his attitude stinks. Moving onto today and the rest of the matches I am going to lay Un-Nooh again today and take Jordan Brown to beat him. Un-Nooh was a mess in the first few frames and then the state of Maguire gave him confidence and he started playing well. Brown looked to be potting well against Hugill and I think Un-Nooh would be a different player with pressure on his shoulders.

i think there is value in Selt beating Xintong, too. He had a decent Welsh Open, reaching the last 32 and taking Kyren Wilson to a deciding leg and he's won deciding legs against Anda and Ursenbacher for this event. Xintong has beaten White in a deciding leg and Heathcote but Jak Jones also beat Xintong at the Welsh open so I will be very surprised if Selt doesn't at the very least keep it close.

Finally, I'll take Slessor on the handicap to beat Bingtao. Slessor is playing some good stuff right now and he's a real battler. He beat Hicks easy enough and hit a 139 and 3 50+ breaks. He hit a 142 in the win over Jones, too. This comes after a last 32 at the Welsh Open. Bingtao has been getting plenty of wins himself recently and beat O'Connor with ease and hit 4 50+ breaks. He also made the last 32 of the Welsh Open and is a solid player but I don't think there is a big a gap as 3/1 and much like Selt above, I can't see Slessor not making it a fight.

6pts Selt (+2.5 frames) to beat Xintong 4/6 skyet
6pts Slessor (+2.5 frames) to beat Bingtao 5/6 coral
2pts Selt to beat Xintong 9/4 skybet
2pts Slessor to beat Bingtao 3/1 coral
3pts Brown to beat Un-Nooh evens willhill

Trump looks way off it right now. Didn't have even a fifty break against Wakelin, should have gone 3-2 behind, should have won 5-2 but missed an easy black off the spot and then really should have been taken to a decider. Wenbo must have a good chance of at least covering.

12 minutes ago, Fader said:

Selt wins with ease in the end. The other tips actually play tomorrow. Agree with Wenbo. Has to be worth the handicap atleast. Trump looking very average. Tournament looks an open one. Lisowski, Dott and Ding still in. 

Lisowski should have really gone out so hopefully that's an omen that maybe this is his week.

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

No doubt. Ding also was 4-1 down. 

Yeah I mentioned that. If either of them win the whole thing it'll be quite something. Just read about the Milkins shenanigans which makes him having gone 4-1 up even more incredible, but then also potentially explains the collapse.

12 hours ago, Torque said:

Yeah I mentioned that. If either of them win the whole thing it'll be quite something. Just read about the Milkins shenanigans which makes him having gone 4-1 up even more incredible, but then also potentially explains the collapse.

I must have missed that but i certainly noticed Milkins was all over the place at the latter stages?

5 minutes ago, Fader said:

4-1 wenbo. These players are letting Trump get away with murder! 

That was ridiculous. Wenbo completely choked that away. Failing to get either the cue ball or the last red safe at the end of the 7th frame was where he lost if for me. Trump is there for the taking right now but nobody seems to have the minerals to get the job done.

Edited by Torque